Mizuno Thread [8] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Actually the sedentary folks should be barefoot/in zero drop footwear as much as the athletes among us.....preventing another part of their body from genetically expressing itself is the last thing they need.

2. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    New special edition Morelia II for Japan international Toshihiro Aoyama! Yum!! I like!!

moreliaaoyama.jpg
    moreliaaoyama2.jpg

May 10th Release. Looks like they are already taking Pre-orders on this and the new Blue Neo.

Dr. Boots repped this.
  4. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    These blue neos look pretty good on feet, going to look great with the Brazil kit
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

derbyyank13 repped this.
  5. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    What I really wanna know is where and how to g et that classy looking jacket that hulk is wearing.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Same.

All the Morelia gear is SOOOOO awesome.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  7. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So how come mizuno are going to have two speed boots?

8. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One for the leather lovers and one for the people that like synthetics

9. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    These are absolute stunners. Calls me back to the Wave Cup Rivaldo of 02.

Jorma and derbyyank13 repped this.
  10. Jorma

Jorma Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Are they going to do the Japan internation Morelia with a tongue or only AF?

11. RNVB

RNVB New Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Got my second pair of Mizuno's at the weekend. Managed to pick up a pair of Morelia Neo's in the green launch colour. Can't believe how light they are!

12. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not to open old wounds, but......

http://www.drnicksrunningblog.com/t...arch-height-from-running-in-minimalist-shoes/

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  13. Linguistics

Linguistics Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Dr. Boots,

Maybe this is out of topic but while playing on futsal court I prefer padded sneaker. Playing in really thin shoes causes me pain on my feet's ball and back and this pain makes me less agile.

14. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Haha oh dear the wounds have been opened! :p Interesting article dr boots, but unfortunately it's just a case study! It is literally a sample size of one, just one single case. They don't tell you specifics really, anything could have been done in that two years. You'd need a double blinded, systematic review or randomised control trial with a large sample size to get me excited ;)

jayc23 repped this.
  15. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You're a man of very specific tastes, @Alex57910 .

16. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Hahah don't judge me, blame uni! :p I miss the days where Wikipedia was good enough :(

GrassRouteOne repped this.
  17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1217 Dr. Boots, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Harvard good enough for you?

http://runbare.com/389/new-study-by...t-running-makes-cover-story-in-nature-journal

Or one from the archives: http://www.bsmpg.com/Portals/52884/docs/1905Hoffman.pdf

18. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Haha the harvard one is a comparative cohort study (third lowest level of evidence...) with no randomisation or control or anything, and its not really that relevant to insoles and football boots? and the second one is no better, for all we know those guys could have been tested in kmart thongs or ugg boots... I stand by what i said Dr Boots (if that even is your real name!!!).

I think we need to start our own thread ;P

19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would argue that it is relevant (both studies actually) as "the foot is the foot" and insole support/foot function is the same as a concept across most aspects of footwear in the context of our conversation, otherwise we are splitting hairs. An orthotic might help aid pain management with a short term injury, but it's not going to improve or correct mechanical/alignment problems over the long haul, it just isn't and the entire position supporting that goes against everything we have proven to be correct about the body and it's function. Preventing natural function of the body doesn't improve it, regardless of the appendage, the feet aren't some vastly unique attachment in material make up vs. the rest of our body .

As someone well versed in long term study methods, you must be aware of the questionable nature of virtually any study - even the ones I presented - when it comes to data presentation. At the risk of sounding blunt, part of what happens with study centric folks is that they become obsessed with other people's data (while never doing their own research) only support their own position. In many cases the dots are right in front of them they can't connect them to the bigger picture or they refuse to believe what ends up being almost an Occam's Razor solution to a situation where modular thinking and common sense application have been discarded in the name of pseudoscience. Just because a lie or fallacy is often repeated doesn't make it the truth.

Your heels are dug in, you want to believe the ethos and rhetoric of those you respect, which I understand. We will just have to have a difference of opinion. For what it is worth, I have seen my own arch height increase since I have ditched shoes with a drop (98% of the time) and that self experimentation and result is enough convincing for me that there is truth and sensibility losing the "support" that never actually supported anything by poor function.

20. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    It's all evidence based practice dr boots, it guides our practice in health and medicine. That's the problem with debating too, people just get more entrenched in their own views. Thankyou for sharing the articles though, interesting reads nonetheless

jayc23 repped this.
  21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree. I use very in-depth studies to support and debunk many things in those fields as part of my real life profession, so I have firm grasp on evidence based practice and it's application to medical opinions and medical practice.

I also think some evidence is plainly apparent and virtually undeniable in many cases (like this). Ten year long double blind studies - and so on - do little in those cases other than muddle the application of common sense, evolutionary theory, and basic biology, especially when it's not a new procedure/practice and the evidence has been sitting plainly in our face since the beginning of time. As effective as studies can be in persuading specific groups of people, it is undeniable that most all studies present correlation, not causation and we both know that the former doesn't imply the latter. The funny thing is that the studies that show/support causation are often poo pooed, because they present an inconvenient truth for parties with specific interests and rarely support popular dogma. The latter sentence wasn't a dig at you - just so you know - but something I encounter on a pretty regular basis.

If you want to have a look at minimalist and barefoot studies coming out, specifically performance related studies to heel strike look at the AAOS site. There is some interesting stuff there.

22. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    haha no offense taken, we obviously both have our own view on the articles and evidence etc and thats fair enough, thats what its all about >.< i tell you what though, id hate to be your missus, she'd never win an argument :p

Dr. Boots repped this.
  23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The funny thing is....her and I never argue. Haha.

Alex57910 repped this.
  24. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    oh how i have missed dr boots and this forum!! lol. this subject is truly interesting

25. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Has anyone had the chance to wear the Wave Ignitus 3 yet? I know I've asked before about which size to get. Thinking about going a half size up (my feet would probably thank me for it), but I know that I would be disappointed if I my normal size would be better. I'm a size 10 with toes touching the front and squeezed in the toebox until broken in.