Mes que un sporting project - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they won't. If Chelsea and Man City win the rest of their games, Chelsea will win the title. The 3 scenarios (obviously generally speaking assuming they all win all the non head-to-head games, which is dubious, but for a discussion here, is fine) are:

Liverpool beats Chelsea:

Liverpool = 89
    Man City = 86
    Chelsea = 84

Chelsea beats Liverpool:

Chelsea = 87
    Man City = 86
    Liverpool = 86

Liverpool and Chelsea draw:

Liverpool = 87
    Man City = 86
    Chelsea = 86

zahzah repped this.
  2. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'd argue that anyone who watched his whole transfer saga last couple years shouldn't be surprised, all the drama, hysteronics, me attitude. Its all been there all along, he was more important than Santos and now he's more important that fc barca. Granted he's under huge pressure for the WC and I don't envy him for that but he also likes being the center of attention for the NT. Atleast for now, let Brazil bow out of the WC and he'll have a hard time recovering from that. Fantastic little player but also a capricious head case at least in my opinion.

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    They'll probably have a press release saying he needs to travel back home to "recover" from his injuries. SMH.

I can't even agree with that. I followed that kid from the jump and he was not like this. That big money move and that shit club rotted the shit out of him.

Even his diving has went to another level. Before he was just flopping around. Now he is hitting people and flying in different directions and shit. Dude is going to flame out and this will end bad. Never should have went to barca, wrong club for him.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  4. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    busquets will also miss next game. i think bilbao will give them a hard time at campy nou.

5. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also, Barca's system does not fit him. He is a playmaker who likes the ball. You cannot have him pass it around and kick it all over the place. That is not his game and I have watched some of his games at Santos.

I do agree he is a different player and he should improve on his passing but at this point I don't really care what he does after seeing all the stuff he has been doing. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to see him dive and all his other antics. The transfer scandal didn't help either.

6. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Well, he pretty much showed what he is capable of in the final against Spain , I have never seen anyone put such a dominating game against Spain in years .

But he made the wrong choice to move to FCB, their style does not suit him at all , its as clear as daylight. His game is all about being direct and that too with a lot of pace, esentially ideal for counter attacking style, which is exactly the opposite the way Barca plays. And he likes being the focal point, with Messi , he is not going to become that in a few years time, unless Barca does to Messi what they did with Ronaldinho( impossible scenario). In order to succeed in this system, Neymar will have to become a player which he is not , which does not help his cause at all.

However, in 2-3 years time I can very well see him opting for another team (PSG, ManC ) if things don't pan out as he wishes them to be.

7. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca would still be winning if they had purchased a legit CB like they should have.

meringues and temesgen repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    so it begins, xavi and iniesta to come off at half. lol, take your ball and go home. amazing for a team that has the benefit of playing up and many games ruined to their benefit, when it won't go their way they hide.

9. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did you all expect anything different? Same team that had half their players purposely get suspended so they wouldnt do the guard of honor at the Bernabeu in 08.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    #7010 temesgen, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    I agree there is something else going on now, he's angry/bothered by something but I also think he's behavior at Santos was as I described. We both said barca would not the best club for him and it might turn out that its not, if he fails there though it could also have to do with how the whole transfer was handled which is tied back directly to him and his dad. Time will tell.

edit:

I'm not calling him a selfish footballer - he distributes the ball very very well. I was referring to the way he treated Santos with the transfer.

11. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    #7011 mymy33, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Graham Hunter wrote an interesting article comparing Bale and Neymar after the final. The first half was bullshit and speculation mostly but the 'Education' piece was especially insightful and I agree completely:

From that day to this, it's about the coaching, the day to day training standards, the type of personal development which is on offer at these clubs right now, the pastoral environment -- the education.

Bale:

But the day-to-day routine of working hard, working intensely, listening to Paul Clement and Carlo Ancelotti, copying the good practices of Ronaldo, Alonso, Ramos, Casillas, sacrificing family time to get more sleep, to get fit, and to learn Spanish -- all of these good habits gelled together with mere minutes left in a fevered cup final for Bale to shake his money maker.

Neymar:

Shorn of his tricks, unsure of first touch, lead-footed, played out of position, this isn't the Neymar we know and love. It's like he's a carnival Neymar-impersonator.

Heavily in the company of Dani Alves, a great play pal and a great guy but someone who now treats his often bumpy relationship with the club as a big laugh and joke, and whose every eccentric outburst, gesture and wardrobe moment speaks of a guy who has decided: "To hell with all the nonsense and the corporate restraints -- I'm gonna do what I want."

Just about OK for the old-timers who are running down their time at a club, yes.

Not perfect company for the year of serious adaptation, assimilation of the tremendously political club he's joined. ...

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/laliga/id/1714?cc=5901

Neymar is a talented player with loads of potential. Barca, as Hunter insinuates, need to get someone in there to put a strong arm around him and give him some guidance. Even before this transfer saga my thoughts on Papa Neymar well well-known but what I don't understand is this accusation that Neymar allegedly treated Santos poorly?

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    To be honest here, he didn't do anything but look out for his best interest and follow the advice of his extremely greedy father. Santos were the ones who could have sold him many times but refused. Santos were the ones who agreed to let his contract get reduced on the renewal they paid him big bucks with.

They miss managed the hell out of that and got taken advantage by sharks (barca). Sometimes I think Perez is too nice, maybe that isn't too bad of a thing.

13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    #7013 temesgen, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    neymar and his father put together a series of contracts that explicitly left his club out of the loop regarding the real cost of his transfer. The same club that agreed to allow his father to negotiate directly with interested parties on their behalf, if that isn't treating them poorly what would be? They pocketed millions of dollars that arguably weren't theirs - I say arguably because there are lawsuits pending which will prove or disprove the alleged harm to Santos and the other party in Brazil. So yes I'd argue he treated the club poorly.

Edit:

@YOUNGSTARS87 I hate barca too but I don't think they are the reason the deal was structured this way. Its conjecture of course but think of it this way. If your barca you paid 100m for the player regardless if its 1 contract or 10, otoh if your neymar sr structuring it this way allows you to pocket millions that otherwise would in part go to Santos. IMO neymar sr got rich and fc barca got a talking point (57m transfer) who was more motivated to do this?

14. Karthik

Karthik Member

Jun 23, 2007
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This says it all :D

15. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Player of the Year contenders: Gerrard, Hazard, Lallana, Sturridge, Suarez, Toure.
    Young Player of the Year contenders: Barkley, Hazard, Ramsey, Shaw, Sterling, Sturridge.

Suarez will get that award, no doubt. it's more interesting who will become Young player of the year - imo Hazard is favorite, but Sturridge is quite near.

4x4s repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It is actually barca though. Neymar was almost signed by Chelsea, then almost signed by us in deals that were normal. Not that nonsense we saw with barca.

In fact we basically had Neymar signed until barca came in with that proposal which had Neymar's fathers head spinning so much it almost flew off his neck. At the time I didn't believe the reports of actually money exchanging, but that was all true.

raven3k repped this.
  17. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, Elche is going to get stomped, right?

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Messi told a frustrated fan to "go get a job, idiot" AS has the footage.

:D

raven3k, RMSocrates, anticule and 4 others repped this.
  19. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good career advice, Messi obviously has a knack for business which will serve him well once he retires.

Probably picked it up during that whole tax evasion thing.

20. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sturridge will get young PFA. He deserves it a lot more on the basis of what he and Suarez have done for Liverpool in attack this season.

21. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The fall out from their defeat to us is just hilarious. Shit hitting the fan, up the walls and all sorts :D

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He'll be hired as the new Barca coach.

raven3k, RMSocrates, Eddie and 4 others repped this.
  23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    apparently he's asking for a significant raise and new contract, perhaps its unlikely they'll sell but I do think its reasonable to wonder how they can afford to keep him if the wages being talked about are in fact true.... Things not so good at the camp nou these days.....

24. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    BUT BUT 4X4'S BUT BUT

MESSI

GOOD BOY

GOOD DOGGIE GOOD DOGGIE

BUT

25. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Anyone else heard the Alexis rumours, he refused to go up and grab his runners-up medal after a falling out with Tata, pissed off that he had been once again left out of a big game.