Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 7 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ForzaNapoli

I agree to most of what you say, but we need consistency. I rather we buy more 3 very strong players and offload Pandev, Behrami, Maggio, Britos and Reveillere.

3. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think you've lost it if you think mertens is inconsistent and not a team player. Insigne is that if anyone! Mertens has carried our moral for a few games now. He is one of our best signings. Henrique is another who should only be praised. He is playing out of position and shitting on maggio. He will be a great Napoli player for years to come. Maggio will leave this summer. I wouldn't be hurt if we let hamsik go, his bitching about being unhappy is annoying. You aren't getting played because you aren't trying, no one is garunteed a start just because a city loves you. I don't see Vargas coming back, and I think we will get Martinez. He is well worth the money Porto want. We might also get Muriel from udinese. Benitez has watched them all season. Zuniga still isn't 100% but is back in training.

While pandev should be sold, he's been more in form than hamsik this season. I'd say keep dzemaili and sell inler and behrami. Behrami will go to Tottenham for vertongen which would be huge. We should still look at m'vila and capoue.

Sell:
    Inler
    Behrami
    Britos
    Reviellere
    MAggio
    Cannavaro

Loan:
    Zapata
    Radosevic

Buy:
    Proper RB
    Kagawa would be huge. Bundesliga POTY 2 years in a row.

elvesuvio repped this.
  4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hamsik is as good as gone the guy hasnt had a good game in forever.

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    vidic is done and i doubt inter will drop the money needed to bring in Dzeko they are in massive debt.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am with you on Mertens and Henrique and criticism of Insigne.

But no way we get Martinez to be sub.
    Muriel would be great too but I think it will be Hernandez.

Behrami / Vertongen would be great.

Hamsik will be good again. And based in his form no one will pay 40mn. We should keep him.

7. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Insigne had been playing great lately Imo.
    I have no complaints about our attackers atm.
    Hamsik has been off since his injury but I can understand that. For his sake, I hope he can turn that around.
    I broke my leg in the fall and since I've been back playing I feel like I lost an edge to my game.
    He was doing great pre injury.
    These things do happen.

This season needs to end ASAP

8. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The Insigne v. Mertens debates are unnecessary. Both have roles in this team.

Nobody is going to throw money at Hamsik.

Inter are garbage, if they get Dzeko I'll be very surprised, they are piss broke, and they have like 7 defensemen already. Thohir is buying washed up premier league players for marketing, guys like Torres, Evra, etc. Inter need serious overhaul for financial fair play regulations. Napoli is in good position for those regulations, if they are being taken serious. Which I think they will with the gauntlet they threw down at Barcelona.

Even with Hernanes they have been relegation form under Mazzarri since their great start.

We also have to keep in mind for contential competition you need to register at least 4 home grown players at Napoli and 8 home grown players in Italy. These are strict rules and you can't get around them. Registering Youth Players means we'll be paper thin on depth in Europe. Just keep that in mind guys.

9. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli

I'm in no way saying we need to get rid of insigne. But for the argument made, he hasn't been on the same form. I'd rather sell hamsik than insigne!

We didn't think anyone would splash money at cavani and look what happened! I wouldn't be upset if hamsik left.

10. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think, well I thought at least, that the price was too high for teams and it was except for one team, but PSG, who we're about to find out if they get sanctioned out of Europe, as well as Man City.

We only have Insigne for a home grown player at Napoli, because we casted off Cannavaro. So we probably need to bring Izzo back from Avellino and Sepe from Virtus Lanciano. Probably need a 4th there.

Pandev, Behrami, and Hamsik are home grown players in Italy because they've played their youth soccer in Italy. So I think our market needs to probably be focused on filling out the requirements for Europe, because we've had to stifle depth in Europa because of it. UEFA is finicky about their registration rules.

So we just have to keep that in mind. Which means we have to look for players who played youth soccer in Italy who can contribute to first team. Which puts doubt, upon thinking about it, on Behrami, Pandev, Hamsik being let go.

11. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    As much as it pains me to say this, I don mind pandev staying. He works with benitez's gameplay. I have a feeling we'll make a move for el ses. We are being linked with him now and with Milan not having Europe they will have to unload.

12. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #1412 JCNapoli17, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Pandev annoys me but he serves a purpose

obviously Pandev is expendable as long as we fill out the quota of 8 home grown in Italy and 4 home grown at club, so you can have 4 players from Italy as long as the other 4 from Napoli. Lorenzo's brother Roberto Insigne is home grown at Napoli as well, so if Rafa feels hes ready to fill out the bench then theres that. We can obviously go after players that didn't play their youth soccer in Italy, its just something Bigon, DeLa, and Rafa have to keep in mind as well as us when we devise these plans to fill out the roster.

Napoli doesn't exactly boast the best youth system in Italy, though there are promising young players coming through the youth ranks so it is a bit tough for us to fill that quota. We had Cannavaro and Insigne as players capable of filling that quota. Sepe and Izzo are having great seasons in Serie B, so Sepe can fill out the 3rd string keeper role and Izzo can fill out CB depth. Since Cannavaro and Benitez hate each other I don't see Paolo coming back. Only "top" players from Napoli youth system are Stendardo and Floro Flores (yeah... our club going broke in the 2000s didn't help us much, far cry from us producing guys like Fabio Cannavaro and Ciro Ferrara).

I'd rather not fill out the roster with youth players because it pidgeonholes our depth big time.

Our players that are home grown at Napoli are

Paolo Cannavaro (if Sassuolo get relegated hes ours still)
    Lorenzo Insigne
    Armando Izzo (loaned to Avellino)
    Luigi Vitale (his contract is up after this season with us)
    Camillo Ciano (his contract is up after this season with us)
    Luigi Sepe (his contract is up after this season with us, we might have to renew him)
    Raffaele Maiello (his contract is up after this season with us)
    Roberto Insigne
    Emanuele Allegra
    Giuseppe Fornito
    Soma Novonthy (that doesn't become official until November)

It isn't exactly a plethora of talent that help us immediately, lots of potential but bar Insigne, and perhaps his brother, not much for us to work with there. Izzo sticks out as a guy who should probably come back

13. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Sorry Josh I politely disagree, I feel he isn't consistent because his best is very good while when he has a poor game I feel he doesn't contribute much, he needs to to learn to pass more and stop trying to take tough shots at tough angles, I think he will be more consistent next season though, this season is a preview of what he can offer

14. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I do admit that Insigne could learn how to shoot from Mertens lol

But you're right Forza, it seems like when Mertens throws up stinkers they REALLY stink... Insigne with all of our bashing shows up in bigger games for us. He's usually putting in a key pass, if Insigne isn't going to get any better at shooting (hes 22? I think he can better...) he may as well learn how to be a playmaker on the wing.

I think Mertens is better though, but hes 26 and Napoli spent a lot of money on him, so he should be, Insigne is the home grown, home town hero guy.

15. FORZA NAPOLI <3

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Once Insigne learns how to shoot he will one of the top 10 players in the world.

16. FORZA NAPOLI <3

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Pandev is shit he must ******** off immediently

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    but he loves you Will he loves you ! :eek:

18. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pandev is shit.

The end

19. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What sucks is that Pandev has better stats than Hamsik lol...

20. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Apparently Genoa have gotten so piss broke that they approached us about taking Gilardino off their hands.

21. Raphillon

Raphillon Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Roma
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Benitez spoke quite clearly:

"Hamsik giocherà con l'Udinese dopo la panchina con la Lazio? E' un giocatore centrale per lei? "E' fondamentale per me, è fondamentale per la società. Non ci sono dubbi su questo. Ha avuto un infortunio ma ha giocato tante partite in cui è arrivato ai suoi livelli. Io sono molto contento di lui e non è un discorso perchè si dice 'vogliono venderlo', ma siamo contentissimi e io sono il primo a pensare che Marek sia un giocatore fondamentale. Oggi non è sul mercato e non consideriamo nessuna situazione per Marek Hamsik. E' fondamentale! E' un professionista ed ha qualità!"
    "Will Hamsik play with Udinese after being in the bench with Lazio? Is he an important player for you? He's a Key player for me as well as for the club. No doubt about that. He had an injury but played a lot of game to his levels. I'm very happy with him and I'm not saying that just because people say we want to sell him, we are very happy and I'm the first to think Marek is a key player. He is not on the market today and we will not consider any arrangment for Marek Hamsik. He is a key player! He's a professionist and has quality"

That should seal the matter, I hope.

http://www.tuttonapoli.net/in-primo...on-a-sul-mercato-e-fondamentale-per-me-190000

22. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ugolini: "Il Napoli non ha la necessità di vendere Hamsik. Insigne? Mazzarri voleva cederlo in prestito"

lmao... thank goodness he didnt have his way or else wed be stuck with Sergio Floccari

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Benitez: "Hamsik fondamentale, ma non insostituibile"

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cm.com - Il Napoli punta su Marchetti, pronto uno scambio con la Lazio: Dzemaili o Andújar!

25. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nooooooooooooo!!!!!