How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    He has gone 10 games without scoring. That is a bit of a concern. But his overall play has been really good ( bar the BvB game). He needs to find his scoring boots soon, otherwise we may be in trouble against BvB .

2. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema is essential in a team like this. I actually wouldn't even trade him with any other striker. He is placed as a 9, but he isn't the striker. The strikers are our ''wingplayers'' Bale and Ronaldo. They are the strikers. Cavani, Mandzukic, Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao or name any other strike, they would suffer a lot in this team. Neither of the has the technical skill, touch as Benzema does. He sure aint your typical goalscoringmachine, but he sure is the best player this Madrid can have. No striker would score 30 goals in La Liga with Ronaldo and Bale on his sides.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Benz did well yesterday, to not admit that is to be a hater. He worked hard and if Bale had passed a couple of times in the final third he would have scored. I can't be upset with anything he did yesterday.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I don't think you can develop that. I think you either have it or you don't.

5. izzzy

izzzy Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Croatia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    sorry man.. but Mandzu has it..
    first of all he's like a fish in a water in those situations where Benz misses too often...
    second, he had better game with head..
    third.. hes not selfish, and i bet he would make more assist than Karim...

if somehow Mandzukic come to Real M. i can guarantee that he can make more benefit to CR7, Bale or ADM than Benzema...

p.s.
    i said something last year.. and as i see it nothing changed.. bigest Karims fault is that he do terrible "play without a ball"..
    just watch it .. it happens in almost every game... when someone has a ball and try to advance in opponent penalty area... Karim tries a poor cross run and he spoil action cause his runnig path disturb player with a ball....
    instead to pull opponent defenders on himself, he pulls them to player with a ball..

Eddie repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Misses too many chances

7. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    related to fanreal in any possible way ?

8. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Nice picture. :)

-Fifth CharM-, anticule, Eddie and 4 others repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He lacked that extra bit of aggressive spirit at some points in defending and attacking, but overall he played well. It was a good team performance.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, there are times that aggression just shines and times you expect him to take the bull by its horns and he just lets the moment pass.

12. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    He missed some horrendous chances that could of come back to haunt us.

He really needs to work on his overall finishing.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  13. frederic birindelli

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    benzema hasn't scored in the last 7 games

his finishing is terrible:

his performance against almeria:

[​IMG]

i have never seen so many misses in one game
    only 1 shot on target
    3 easy goals missed in that game:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1o243t_rma-alm-1t-gufy_fun

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1o24go_rma-alm-2t-gufy_fun

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1o25g0_rma-alm-2t-gufy-1_fun

meanwhile higuain has more goals than him with napoli, in a much more defensive league and while getting out of champions league in the groupstage

morata, the club's other striker, is being really unfairly treated compared with benzema
    and it's showing, unfortunately for the club
    after scoring 3 goals in the last 3 games, morata is now the most efficient striker in the spanish league, because he manages to score and because he gets so few playing time (only 282 minutes!)
    he's litterally the most efficient striker in the league (minutes/goals)
    but he's spanish, so who cares, except the spanish fans
    to lower their anger, ancelotti gives more playing time to jese, because since he's not really a goalscorer he can't outshine benzema
    morata will have to get transfered to an english premier league club to play regularly

Eddie repped this.
  14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. frederic birindelli

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    oh but you're right, i forgot to mention that he completes some passes in the games, so he's definitely what real madrid needs
    who needs a striker who can score goals

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need him because no other striker can make those (simple) passes.

He is back to his old form.

Re: smallballs22 gif:

[​IMG]

17. frederic birindelli

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    you know what's funny know?
    on marca.com they say that he's good because of his completed passes %age ( http://www.marca.com/2014/04/19/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1397892375.html ), ridiculous, i have never heard anything this dumb
    benzema is a striker, his purpose is to score goals, he says it himself
    but since he doesn't score, the pro-real madrid media try to find some positive things in his pathetic career at real madrid
    kind of like after the game against juventus where benzema made the biggest miss ever ( )
    ancelotti tried to say that benzema didn't score but that he helped a lot defensively :whistling:
    benzema is not here to defend, he says it himslef again
    he hates pressuring the opposing team defenders
    and in that game against juventus, llorente's equalizing goal came after a pass by pirlo, while benzema was chilling
    they even mentioned it in as: http://www.as.com/futbol/video/benzema-tapo-pirlo-jugada-1-1/20131024dasdasftb_40/Ves

so they are forced to lie because benzema is obviously not good enough to play in real madrid, and not good enough to justify why higuain was sold, and why morata can't play more than 2 minutes per game

5 years at real madrid FFS!
    he should have been kicked out of the club ages ago, but florentino perez loves that arab money :cool: (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...otball-giant-launches-holiday-island-UAE.html http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/30/us-soccer-spain-real-emirates-idUSBRE94T0LT20130530 )

18. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2668 Style, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Benzema : 25 goals in all competitions
    Higuain: 24 goals in all competitons.

Actually, Benzema has one more goal than Higuain in all competition, and that is including the Argentines goal in the Europa League. In terms of the league, Benzema featured in 32 game, whereas Higuain featured in 31, and both have scored 17 times. FYI, the Italian league is below average... I know Benzema is hated, but please do be objective when arguing against him.

Morata does deserve more playing time, he is a goal poacher, but Benzema adds more to our game as he has the ability to link up/ hold up play which is more important when you have Bale and Ronaldo to score.

ozil_express repped this.
  19. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    lol this italitan dude devoted a thread to benzema.

benzema gunna bag goals, bag bitches, and yall gunna remember it

rembmer it hard

Deep Pal, jeremy123 and Hendrix22 repped this.
  20. frederic birindelli

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    benzema: 23 goals
    higuain: 24 goals
    and the italian league is crap but more conservative, it's harder to score there
    there's no surprise there, higuain has outscored benzema in every season if you look at the goal scoring ratios (goals/minutes in champions league and liga)

now about morata, imagine if benzema did this pass:
    but no, he was the one to screw up on the shot
    real madrid doesn't need anybody to pass, they need a killer

a player who won't let them down in decisive games like for example the 2 champions league games against bayern where benzema was invisible
    or for example in that decisive game against la coruna in 2011:

[​IMG]

or for example in last season's decisive match against barcelona:

[​IMG]

real madrid wasn't able to win because of these misses and lost the league in the end

or this season's match against barcelona:

http://i.imgur.com/vngHZtk.gif

https://i.minus.com/iBuKxlhR1wNiR.gif

http://i.imgur.com/wk1Q5hC.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibbVIO7uyhMZ3N.gif

real madrid went from from the favourites for the league title to the outsiders in 2 games, this one and the one against sevilla (where benzema missed many oportunities again)

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema is missing way too many chances, and sooner or later it's gonna bite us in the ass, like it has before.

Morata 2014/15.

22. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Some of you need the smallest opening like the @frederic birindelli rant today to show your true colors. If you can't see the difference between the Benzy that wasn't scoring last season and the beginning of this season and the Benzy who isn't scoring now then I don't know what to say, perhaps start following a different sport. All strikers go through mini-droughts and it's just as likely the Frenchie is going to hit a purple patch as it is he'll cost us. At the end of the day he is so much better now then he was at the beginning of the season it isn't even funny. Did we give Morata the short end of the stick for this to happen? Yes. Is there a a chance he doesn't sustain this? Yes. Are there better strikers out there than him? Yes. But all that is irrelevant right now, he's playing well and we're going into the biggest game of the season so some of you just shut it and get behind him, there will be plenty of time to crap on him if he costs us anything but as of right now nothing is lost yet some of you carry on as if it is, things that make you go, " hmmm"...

Akramzizou, RMSocrates and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  23. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema's beautiful silky play makes me shoot lovely foamy jizzlets over all of you.

He plays like a media punta in this team you retarded fools!!! He is playing almost like Ozil. Essential to our play. Bale or Ronaldo or Jese or Morata need ********ing Benz. None of them has the creativity or the tiki taka skills that Benz has.

Benzema has scored 17 goals in open play in la liga
    Ronaldo has scored 19 goals in open play in la liga
    Messi has scored 18 goals in open play in la liga.

Now go suck a ******** :D

Hendrix22 and Deep Pal repped this.
  24. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Yeah @jeremy123 too much sex talk now for sure....find another way bro....

25. frederic birindelli

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    no, he plays as a centre forward
    his purpose is to score goals
    he likes to think he's ronaldo fenomeno
    sometimes he plays as a winger but he hates this
    everybody thinks that he would be better as a second striker but actually he can't play in that position
    that's why he can't play behind giroud in the french national team
    he tried playing as a winger and giroud as a targetman but it didn't work
    he never tried to play as a "media punta" because he can't play in that position at all