Travel/Tickets: USA-Turkey. Red Bull Arena NJ - 6/1/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by FoxBoro 143, Mar 6, 2014.

1. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure they are working out the logistics of the supporters section and once that happens everything else will fall into place, just like it did in Columbus. This is by the way the easiest of the three for the USSF to sell out, considering it is in a SSS, on a weekend and in New York/NJ. Lots of people will be clamouring to go and they know that.

2. AirMe

AirMe Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I received an email from US Soccer today about "Exclusive Travel Packages" for the game in NY. So hopefully that means presales are right around the corner.

3. twostep08

twostep08 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    is it confirmed that tickets to the public have not gone on sale? I just started looking into getting tickets now so I have no idea if I missed the general sales period (the other sendoff games appear to already be sold out)

Also, I know its late, but is there any way that I can get into one of the supporter's sections? I have never been, and I think it would be a really cool experience. On a side note, does anyone know how much a ticket to their section would compare to regular tickets (like is it comparable to the cheapies or the really expensive center tickets)

4. AirMe

AirMe Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a member of the US Soccer Supporters Club, they have not gone on sale to us and they usually go to us before the general public.

5. canchon

canchon Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still amazed that there has been no sale/pre-sale details yet (either on Ticketmaster or USSSC).
    We're 45 days out from the event and tickets haven't gone on sale yet (other than through AO and RB supporters clubs).

6. twostep08

twostep08 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    which RB supporters group is selling tickets? also, how much does it usually cost for supporters tix? (I'm not a member, but I think itd be a great experience)

7. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were $63 for the supporters section.

8. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got the email from the AO mothership, everyone who ordered tickets during the initial period will be getting tickets. It is going to be one big party in NY/NJ.

9. Tonkdaddy14

Tonkdaddy14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will be heading to NY from Omaha for this one, just got my tickets confirmed!

10. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just one question, don't you think that perhaps the USSF is receiving ticket requests 2~3 times more than RBA capacity and are now thinking to move the game @ Meadowlands?

11. twostep08

twostep08 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    is it possible that the demand was so high that there will be no public tickets available? also are public tickets announced in advance, or will they just start without notice?

12. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That could be happening, but the only people who hav been asked for their ticket orders are supporter groups ie AO, ESC etc. Jumping from 25K to 82K is quite the jump. So who knows how much demand their truly would be.

13. canchon

canchon Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way that USSF would just offer tickets to AO and RB supporters clubs without offering tickets to USSSC at all. Even US-Mexico (a game with even higher demand) saw a sale to USSSC members. And there has been no announcement yet about tickets to the Supporters Club.

It is really strange though that AO has confirmed tickets and not a peep about a general sale.

14. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, but that is the case as of right now, AO and RB supporter tickets have been taken care of, tickets for the USSSC will be a presale before the general tickets happen. My thinking is because of the capacity of RBA, US Soccer has determined it will not take much to sellout the stadium.

15. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's true, but a USMNT game right before the world cup played on a sunday PM could easily sell 50K - to underestimate it... Plus, it's against a valid opponent, not some low quality team...

16. twostep08

twostep08 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I just joined the usssc about a week ago (as a free member).. Will I get an email as soon as it happens? Or do I have to check the site ever few hours. I really don't wanna miss tickets altogether lol

17. canchon

canchon Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USSSC sends out an announcement email with the dates and times of the presale. You then have to login to the supporters club portal to get the presale code.

18. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To get ticket access you have to join at least at the $55 level.

19. twostep08

twostep08 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I just looked And apparently the free one comes with "advanced ticket access" while the $55 one comes with "priority ticket access". No idea what the difference is but sounds like the free one has at least some kind of perk over the public

20. jmnoles

jmnoles New Member

May 18, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USSSC Priority Presale starts tomorrow, April 23, 2014, at 10a.m. EST. Ticket prices range from $48 to $400 with 5 out of the 8 options over $100.

I also heard rumors today that they were going to make tickets available to the general public through a lottery system. Wow, is there really that much demand?!

21. chris4usa

chris4usa Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct about the lottery system
    http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/04/22/08/26/140422-mnt-v-tur-ticket-sales-release

I think its not so much a demand as it is the size of the stadium is the real problem. Not enough seats for interested parties.

They most likely could have played this in the meadowlands and it would have been very well attended, say 50,000+. Still should be a very spirited atmosphere regardless.

22. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who truly wants to go to this game and is a US Supporter will have avenues to buy tickets way before the lottery even begins.

23. twostep08

twostep08 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    is anyone who has been to RBA able to comment on what the seating is like for the cheapest-level seats? ie the back endlines and corners- normally i wouldnt consider it, but since RBA is so small, wed still be pretty close?

Also, does anyone know if the tickets bought from USSoccer are tied to a name? like would i be able to buy for my friends and have them be able to get into the stadium completely without me? Is there some way that they discourage scalping, because i am sure this game will go for pretty expensive once they sell out

24. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets are not tied to a name, you actually just buy them through ticketmaster using your unique code that you get when signed into the US Soccer Supporters Club.