World Cup 2014 Qualifiers - The Road to Brazil

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Team Melli forever, Jun 15, 2011.

1. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #801 teammellieIRANfan, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014

Jamaati is one of the best left backs in the IPL that plays for Foolad, who won the league this year. He played against Kuwait in the last ACQ match and was among the best players on the field. Now I know Kuwait is not exactly Nigeria, Argentina etc, but I dont see the alternatives as being better.
    Shojaei? You gotta be kidding me. The most lethargic, slow (in decision making) ball-hog player in the last 7 years. Where have you been?
    If you want to loose possession, slow down the game, kill all offensive initiative and counter-attacks, then pass the ball to Shojaei.
    After all these years of sucking for TM, you are still advocating for that guy?

Sadeghian has been killing it this year in the league. Quick in his footwork, great vision and has the quality that Shojaei lacks. Quick decision making.

Shojaei is about as useful on the football pitch as a fire hydrant. He barely belongs in the squad, much less the starting line-up and Im being dead serious.

I know the suggestion of Ansarifard instead of Gucci seem very ridiculous. Especially since Gucci has been scoring left and right for TM.
    However I think Ansarifards main issue has been related a little to his confidence, but also the fact that Iranian fans have been really unwilling to be patient. Imo he is one of the most talented players we have produced and can become something really big. Just waiting for him to "arrive".
    The World Cup can be his big moment and I think Ansarifard could potentially have a bigger and more crucial impact than Gucci, in Brazil.

2. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #802 teammellieIRANfan, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  3. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #803 Scythian, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Keyrosh has terminated 6 Sepahan football players from NT (their coach is in a stand of position with NT and did not let his players to accompany the NT in South Africa). That is the spirit I was waiting for. There should be no more freebies for people who walk out of NT camp (Rahmati and fellows). We need to set the line somewhere. I don't care if this team is not as strong as the previous one. Keyrosh should have invited some motivated young talents to the NT, and stop playing the old game. Let the stock up old players nag about him. If you leave the camp you have no place in the team. I hope this team get some results and set an example for the rest of football players in our IPL and their managers. If you don't wish to help the NT, no one needs you or have time to listen to your opinion, end of the story. I hope Keyrosh continues his march, although he is not a perfect manager but at least he can clarifies some points. I take my hat off for him. We need someone with a backbone, no more spineless managers. A firm and dedicated manager can change the atmosphere in our NT camp and hopefully our football. Keyrosh will be gone by August most likely, but he can leave a legacy for next manager and many of our football players, if he do what is expected of him. (he is not a hero but a firm man)

4. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    If I had to define YOLO, I would give this formation with Ansarifard up top. :D

I agree with Jamaati in your formation. He is THE best left back in the IPL not one of the best.

6. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Sepahan players back to Team Melli.
    Mozambique friendly cancelled. Its not even a good team anyway so I dont care that much.
    Important thing is that we replaced it with other friendly matches against South African club teams.

As long as none of the Austria friendlies (Montenegro, Belarus, Angola) gets cancelled we're good to go.

7. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we have any good goalkeeper in our line up? I just hope CQ does not invite Rahmati back to the team.

How good is that Sharifi guy from Sepahan? I wish we could use Navid kia in our team. He is a good CM. (a little old)

8. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Davari, Ahmadi and Lak will be the goalkeepers.
    tbh I think Rahmati's the best goalkeeper you have but the guy has attitude problems..

9. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Davari is not reliable. Ahmadi and Lak both lack the international experience. I am thinking about Haghigh who used to be Rubin Kazan's goalkeeper.
    Rahmati has many issues, he lacks discipline, does not play fair game (his time wasting and grass rolling style gave a bad name to our NT), and he is superstitious, but his worst quality is that he starts rebellion inside the NT camp and has negative influence over others (he convinced one of our best defenders, Aghili, to leave the camp which ended up CQ never inviting him again.)
    If we does not consider those quality then Rahmati can be one of the best goal keepers that we have at the moment. If I was the NT manager I would never invite him back. He is a lost cause. CQ is at odd with him, since he talk sh.. behind CQ.

10. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Imo Sosha Makani is the best goalkeeper. At least in IPL.

However Im not really comfortable with any of the goalkeepers we have, including Davari. Davari seem to have slow reflexes.

Scythian repped this.
  11. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #811 Scythian, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Is he the keeper of Perspolis?... Perhaps we should follow Qatari recipe and buy a young African or eastern European goalkeeper and rename him as "Hooshang" or something! :)

TigersOfAsia repped this.
  12. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No Makani is the keeper of Foolad, who won the title this year.
    If Iran follows Qatar model then there is no pride and no reason to support the team.

13. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I don't f***ing understand why most people don't see how bad Davari is. PFDC poll shows large majority support him as the #1 keeper. I'm not sure if these people actually follow Braunschweig or watch the highlights but saying he's below average would be an understatement. Davari routinely (And I mean almost every single game) makes horrible high school level amateurish mistakes. He's slow as a rock and miscalculates ball position all the time. If you don't believe me just go on footballitarin and watch his weekly highlights. He's solely to blame for half of the goals scored against them this season.

CQ seems to have made up his mind about Rahmati which means he has sealed our fate. What this clown doesn't understand is that our #1 asset during the qualifiers was the strong defense and Rahmati played a vital role there. Without that we're garbage and will get raped by all 3 teams. This has disaster written all over it and I'm so pissed others can't see the train that's speeding right toward them. CQ will cost us World Cup 2014.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Davari and Ahmadi will be there 100%, Haghighi and Makani are 40%, and Lak is 20% for the third keeper.

15. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #815 Scythian, Apr 28, 2014
    2014 is a lost cause already! FA did not cooperate with the team and CQ. We had several canceled NT camps, not enough friendly games with competent teams, local clubs were not working with the NT, local managers such as Kranchar and Ghaelenoi had cursing battles with CQ, some of our players didn't go to the training, FA didn't have enough money to pay for decent training, preparation games, or traveling expenses. This was a disaster from day one. The single fact that our team advanced to the WC with that line up and lack of preparation is because of CQ.

I also don't like his defensive style, but with a total chaos and corruption in Iranian league at the moment that was the only thing we could achieve. We need painful losses with large margin to see those retards at IFF do something about NT. I just want our young players play against big wigs to have some international experience. We will come back home with 0 or 1 point anyway. We need some embarrassing defeats like what SA had. That will cause real changes back home and hopefully another 96 generation. We should let all players from the old generation to pass.

16. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #816 Scythian, Apr 28, 2014
    This WC qualification round revealed a lot of thing for me. Specially the way we played against weak teams like Lebanon and lost, or our games against South Korea. We won both games but it was bitter than any painful loss. I love to see South Korean struggle against us when we dominate them in every position like in 1996 or 2004. The most challenging match we had was the one against Uzbekistan in Tehran. I only enjoyed that one. With All honesty I think it was Uzbekistan right to advance to 2014 instead of Iran and South Korea.

We are at the lowest level of the older generation. We should let them go. Javad Nekounam, Ando and the rest of oldies belong to Karimi's generation. We need to start from the scratch to build a new young team and give them 2 or 3 years to come up with good results. When we have to resort to this ultra defensive style to win our game that means our team is done. If you follow NT games you must be familiar with Iranian style. We play more like south American teams, unpredictable but with technique and speed. Our team has always had people who could kick the ball from 30-45 yards on target, people who were good at air play. What I have seen in last 3 years, was only defensive and more defensive something like old eastern European or Arab teams style. We need to find some Croat or Serbian coach because their mentality matches well with our team and they are particularly well in picking good young talents from local leagues. We need to calm down and give them time to build up a new team. France did the same and won a WC and a EUFA title with their team. Zidane, Henry, Trezeguet, Barthez, Lizarazu, Desailly, Thuram, Vieira, Karembeu, Lama, and Blanc were among the France 96 team players who Aimé Jacquet chose over players like Cantona and Pappan. Many didn't believe he could do it, but he prove them wrong. He found young talents, trained them well and made them into a solid strong team. We should follow this steps if we want to revive our football from dust bin. We should let go our older generation in favor of a better future.

Just take at the young pool of talents that we have. A good visionary coach can put a good team together and have some preparation in Australia 2015. Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Ansarifard, Karimi, Sadeghian, Mosalman are our future and we need to build a good team around team. The job should start after 2014 hopefully, when CQ leaves the team.

17. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think they like him because he plays in Europe in a more "professional" environment, even though Rahmati is clearly better.
    It was just like how Omid Nazari was called up despite playing in the 2nd division of Sweden at that time..

18. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was joking about the Qatari style. That day will be the end of our team period. :)

19. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    First, let's accept that the CQ has a lot more experience in coaching and has spent actual time with the team. So I value his judgment a lot more than the keyboard warriors!

Secondly, a team is more than individual players. If one player happens to be both disruptive to the team and disrespectful to the coach, that takes away a lot more than his individual performance can add. I don't see anything wrong with leaving Rahmati out based on his history with CQ.

I'm still quietly optimistic. The team is certainly not bad. The prep, whilst not great is better than it has been for quite a while. For once (since 1996) there has been one consistent coach for a few years to build up his team/style. And the group with Nigeria & Bosnia is definitely better than a lot of the alternatives. All in all, possibly best chance of getting through the group stages Iran has ever had! I'm even tempted to put some money on it...

KiarashM and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  20. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CQ is good for now that our team is full of oldies and slackers.

second that

If I was you, I wouldn't bet on this team. You are right that we have a good group, but our team is suck and we have to admit. We may defeat Bosnia, but that will be all.

21. Iranfootie

Iranfootie Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Most importantly, I think Ashkan needs to continue his form. If he plays for TM like he has been for Fulham lately, our attacking force will be something to be reckoned with.

Ansarifard is certainly not short of talent but I don't care about talent. I care about results. And he's been disappointing for TM IMO. He missed some easy chances and if he does that in the WC, we will be very screwed.

22. Iranfootie

Iranfootie Member

Dec 20, 2006
    We sure could use Abedzadeh! Let's not jump to conclusions either way. Most Iranians are over the moon over qualifying for the WC...when we SHOULD be in the World Cup. I don't think Rahmati was Buffon but he's better than Davari.

23. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #825 teammellieIRANfan, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    CQ is with the sentiment that Iran has practically very little chance of qualifying from the group, and it does not even seem to be a primary goal to qualify to the round of 16.

He said in interview that the goal is to learn from World Cup and gain more international experience. This is pretty sad
    While other Asian teams in World Cup (Korea, Japan) the goal is to advance from the group and beyond, and anything less is a disappointment for them.

However I dont exactly blame CQ. Its a miracle we even qualified to Brazil.
    The fact is that most of us ourselves share the same sentiment, and are content with just being in the World Cup. Including myself.
    Short of talent, we are behind in all other aspects.
    Hopefully Iranian football progressess to the point where we will expect more of Team Melli.