The Welcome Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What do you think about Gareth Bale coming to Real Madrid?

1. I have a large erection

37.3%
  2. I'm happy but not sure how he'll fit in

17.1%
  3. Meh Meh Meh

12.0%
  4. I dunno, not sure he's worth it

17.7%
  5. WTF are we doing? Grrrrr.

15.8%
  1. Real4Real

Real4Real New Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That was a joke.

Chinky24 repped this.
  3. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't help some people. This one wasn't the worth the effort. :D

Zidane05 and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  4. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Someone needs Spanish lessons lmao

BTW @YOUNGSTARS87 I remember you and me vehemently asking for Bale in the transfer window.

Do you now feel vindicated by his goal yesterday? And going forward do you have any future predictions in terms of transfers?

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Feels good man. Feels good.

Remember how he was a waste of money? How we could by like 10 players with that money?

Tottenham did and their even shitty. Now who came out better in that deal?

Crimson repped this.
  6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The other posters already answered your question. "Bad" was perhaps not the right word. Zidane definitely was not a star of the team. I recalled he was injured too and missed some games. Throughout this season, I kept that Zidane thought to myself. I knew Bale was going to do something at the bigger stage. Let's see what he could do vs Bayern Munich.

suckafree8990 repped this.
  7. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great player but one goal doesn't make up for a 100 million price tag, except maybe a goal that would win us La Decima. This game showed why many were against the Bale transfer.

It's obvious him and Ronaldo cannot be on the field together without the team suffering a lot on the defensive end. We even had to resort to a complete bunker vs. Barca who we all agree is no longer the team it used to be.

8. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are underestimating Barca too much. It was a huge goal. Of course Bale's price tag isn't justified, and it probably will never be, but the guy is one of the very best players in the world and just brought us a title. He is a player we should have in this team as one of the leading stars.

9. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great player no doubt but my issue with him isn't that, heck it isn't even the price, it's not my money anyway.

Problem I have is that I think we cannot afford to have both him and Ronaldo on the pitch at the same time. If Ronaldo was on the decline /gone he would be a perfect replacement for him but as is he unbalances the team IMO.

I think we would be stronger vs top teams if we played Ronaldo Benz and Di Maria up front with Isco behind them, essentially replacing Bale with Isco.

Isco can contribute a lot with his tackling and holding the ball which we have been lacking a lot of times this season.

10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Problem is as you said how to play them together and its not just "defensive end". The logical thing after such buy should be selling of Ronaldo.... Isn`t it?

11. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009

No matter the side of the pitch or the opponent he can do it time and time again.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, the coach has selection headaches thats for sure. What if we didn't have Bale now when Ronaldo was injured? No title. In the end, 95% of the matches we play during the course of a season are against teams where having the BBC upfront is not a problem. For the big games, they just need to pull their defensive weight better. Ultimately, Bale is one of the biggest global superstars of the game and a player any team in the world would love to have. You can't deny yourself the opportunity to have his talents, if you have the resources to afford them.

13. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    20 goals and 16 assists in his first season with 7 possibly 8 games remaining.

Just amazing. Can't wait to see what he can do with a proper pre-season behind him and once he has fully integrated into the squad.

temesgen, Chinky24, YOUNGSTARS87 and 3 others repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    So he hasn't been a disappointment and Florentino wasn't destroying Madrid when he bought him?

MadridFan22304, Eddie and Crimson repped this.
  15. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness though as I said before I would pay that price time and time again just to see those Cules faces after the Copa Final.

Was magical. Let's not forget the goal itself which will now forever be in the Madrid highlight reel. Truly amazing.

16. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is doing just fine without a preseason.

I predict him to play very well against Bayern and cement his history with the club.

Unfortunately with CR hurt, this is a good opportunity for him to shine.

17. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @Crimson

How does Bale's first season compare Ronaldo's, statistically?

18. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The amount of publicity after that goal is fantastic for Bale and the club -the media is in full blitz mode. Surely uncle Flo is ecstatic ($$$).

Even people who I know that know nothing about football are speaking about "Bale's goal".

Eddie repped this.
  19. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He could possibly be our best player on the team right now. Give him the green light like they do with CR and I think the team would be a lot better.

He is an extraordinary passer and great at free kicks. Next season, is probably the year he makes a run, no pun, at the Ballon.

20. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Damn Asians and your effin math :rolleyes:

Chinky24 and LosMerengues89 repped this.
  21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think it's ideal to have two players with "green lights" in the same team.

Anon. repped this.
  22. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, but at the same time I don't think it's right for just one person to always have the "green light"...

23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Somebody always has to defer. Bale is a great Pippen to Ronaldo's Jordan, the time will come when he will be the go-to guy of this team. Ronaldo is 30 and Bale is just 24. I think Florentino this time has really thought out the transition that this team has to go through. Bale, Isco, Illara, Casemiro, Morata, Jese... this is the backbone of the next generation Real Madrid.

24. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Ronaldo just turned 29 btw.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Apparently, Cristiano has went from 28 to 30 in the span of two months.

Chinky24 repped this.