Ecuador en Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Oct 16, 2013.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #301 javer, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    wow big change finally glad to see only local players called some guy missing but this is a start kinda wish he called more players tho and not lastra,bagui, checa, gabriel,mena dont know why he likes players like lastra,minda ect. i dont mind arroyo in the list hes young and needs a chance so is garces i always liked him and thought he had talent and it is very upsetting that sornoza and uchuari didnt get called dont know why. anyways rueda need to see as many new players as possible to make a good list for the world cup but none the less this shoud be very interesting

-----------------------dominguez-------------------------
    narvaez---------canga-----------espinosa--------pineida
    penilla-----------quinonez--------arroyo---------gonzalez
    -----------------------wila-----angulo------------------

garces, , gabriel, tenorio would be my first choice subs

viagoal repped this.
  2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Achilier, Bagui, Mena, and Quinones shouldn't even be called up in friendlies. They suck and have failed in the NT many times already. It's proven that they don't offer anything outside the local Ecuadorian league. Massive failures internationally.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Failed internationally? What are you saying bro lmao. Achilier, Bagui, and Mena have never played outside of Ecuador. Mena has never even been called up so what do you mean by "failed many times". I agree that Achilier, Bagui, and Mena aren't on par w/ the rest of the options that are available for what we all label as NT material but you can't just state things that aren't fact. Bagui and Pedro Quinonez are players that have average performances for the most part. It's uncommon you'll walk away from a NT game saying they did amazing. And here and there you'll see them have poor performances, but overall they're average players. The problem is that we have high standards and average doesn't cut it. But Bagui and Pedro aren't thaaaat bad. They're just mehhh. But massive failures? far from that. Pedro Quinonez is the only one you can say that failed in Santos Laguna, but you can't even consider that to be massive.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    name me one of the historical top 5 teams that gave Emelec a run for their money? I'll sit here waiting for your response. I already stated Independiente and Catolica's situation....obviously those two weren't and ready to lift up a campeonato just yet for diverse reasons (Catolica se achico cuando era hora de jugar el partido grande contra Emelec...aka the 7-0) and Independiente is on the path to getting one soon but their squad doesn't go as deep as Emelec. Possibly before the decade is over Independiente will win the campeonato, but right now I doubt it. Not even this year even though their squad is great. But last year in 2013 name me which top team gave Emelec a run for their money? And then we'll see whose argument is a huge piece of sh*t.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree. Uchuari and Sornoza should've made it for this microciclo game, BUT I guess Rueda just doesn't like players like Sornoza, Uchuari, and Alex Colon- they all have something in common. Colon and Sornoza no tienen mucha marca. Rueda doesn't like that. That's one reason I also said Sornoza wouldn't cut it in Europe right now. He's good and has the talent to make it eventually, but right now I just don't see him in Europe. Guess it also tells why Tottenham's interest a few years ago never prospered. Rueda also seems to go more for players with a strong physique and these three guys have another thing in common- they're all small in size compared to the rest of the players in the NT.

and Carlos Garces on the list is a huge surprise. Geez. Everyone else on the list I believe deserves a fair try. And obviously Rueda isn't a fan of Andres Mendoza either and isn't considering Gabriel Corozo since he's not playing lately in Liga. Let's see how this goes. Hopefully there's a good surprise out of this call up.

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    well garces is tall has good physical and back when he was in manta did grab attention now he get playing time and i guess rueda wanted to fill a spot for a striker and that stuck in his mind i dont think it that bad a call list of player who could have filled that spot ? marcos caicedo,guerrero and edson montano who he has called before but hasent since and montano hasnt been getting playing time in barcelona miller, elvis henry patta, i guess cause of his height, marking physical luis bolanos i rather not i kinda dont like his attitude in liga doesnt take it serious enough congo would have be interesting mercado to and then their is not many that come to mind lara,ferud, romario caicedo, cano, marquez,palacios,estupina ? hmm not even close

7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Instead of the paquetazo that is Garces, I would have wanted to see Kevin Mercado. That kid can play. Granted he's young and inexperienced but the talent's there.

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone ever heard of some kid named Jorge Luis Palacios Avila? He plays for Manta. I've never seen him play but he's already scored 6 goals so far in el campeonato.

9. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    he has good positioning and decent finishing he is 20 now still a long way to go for him this is the first time he gets consistent playing time in the first team he was mostly a reserve player before he made a couple of appearances in the last two years lets see how the rest of the season goes for him

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    To me, none of them would even make the starting lineup on a Mexican team. International games like Libertadores is what I'm taking about. They completely disappeared in Libertadores or Sudamericana every time they play and when it matters most. They aren't even average players... they are way below average.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I disagree with that on many levels. I'd agree with you if you said they're not standouts but way below average? not a chance. All four of those players have been fundamental in Emelec's growth in the campeonato since 2009 til now. International games are another topic. Don't confuse the two. With below average players you don't get 4 vice campeonatos and win one campeonato in 5 consecutive seasons. Achilier did really well in his first handful of Qualifier games when Campos first got injured. There's no way any of his first performances could be considered below average. Today Achilier fell off and fell in a deep slump that's almost unexplainable but that's another story. Same thing happened to Eduardo Morante (in this case because of his injury) and you can't say he was below average when he was in his best moment. We have all said Guagua sucks before but whose been the most consistent as of late in the defense? Guagua. Who had better performances than Erazo at the end of the Qualifier? Guagua. Everywhere Guagua has played he's started whether it was in Colon in Argentina or Atlante in Mexico. Guagua is another example of an average player. But right now it seems he's in a better moment than the rest of the guys you mentioned. All these guys are average...sometimes they'll be in their moment and appear to be better than what they really are. But that's futbol. To say they're below average is just completely off IMO. Like I said, you can't be at the top with below average players who have been fundamental to emelec for 5 consecutive years. There's just no sense in that.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Congo, Kevin Mercado and even Marcos Caicedo make more sense than Garces being on the list. All I can say is Rueda is obviously not a fan of Sornoza, Uchuari, and Fernando Guerrero. No matter if these guys are in their moment or not they just don't impress Rueda. I guess Miller could've been a great option but he hasn't impressed Rueda either.

13. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    you right i would have loved to seen congo and mercado but this is rueda and the things he looks for another reason he may have been called was probably to help quito out of their slump who knows maybe it was sugested by Chiriboga but it not that bad compared to calling up lastra, checa, mena he is still 24 and i still think their is potential in him

14. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

I like this line up. I really would like to see what Angulo, Narvaez and Canga could do in the NT.

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just took another look at the list and I noticed something...there's no Saritama. that tells me Saritama es un fijo in the list for Brazil. Guagua isn't on the list either. That also tells me Guagua es fijo to Brazil even though he does not start 100% of Emelec's games. This list was solely made to try out players (with the exception of the keepers) meaning that everyone on this list isn't guaranteed anything on the list of Brazil. That means Achilier and Bagui are getting their last chance right now IMO. It just didn't make sense to me that Saritama and Guagua weren't on here. Wouldn't Rueda want both of those experienced players to help out with this game? Unless he purposely included only new players to see which kids show the maturity to be a part of the NT without any guidance from the older guys. If 2 defenders stand out over Achilier and Bagui, they'll be out the list IMO. They're on a thread right now. if their spot was guaranteed to brazil they wouldn't be on here...the only exception is the keepers.

anyway this is my line up:

Dominguez; Narvaez, Canga, Espinoza, Pineida; Gonzalez, D.Arroyo, Quinonez, Mena; Penilla, Tenorio

eyes on Narvaez, Penilla, Gonzalez, and Pineida. They're the most likely to give a surprise. I think even if Gonzales does extremely well he still won't get the call up. His position has too many players like Antonio, Ibarra and even Rojas behind it. The left has Montero and Arroyo. It will be interesting to see him play though. Good luck to Canga as well although I doubt he will make it to Brazil. Way too young and inexperienced but the talent is very evident. He will be a beast. after Corozo and Mercado leave, I see Canga as the next big transfer in Liga to Europe. Hopefully he doesn't slip and continues to mature.

16. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Arent't they both injured?
    Either way, I get the impression that this call up is just to make a NT to play in Quito so fans get to say bye, I mean lets be real, only 23 players will go to Brazil, now lets look at the "sure"ones.
    Banguera
    Dominguez
    Bone
    Erazo
    Guagua
    Achillier
    Paredez
    Walter
    Valencia
    Ibarra
    Noboa
    Mendez
    Castillo
    Saritama
    Montero
    Rojas
    Enner
    Caicedo
    Yoya (unless injured)
    that leaves room for 4 players, in which I would say these players have the advantage
    Ramirez,
    Corozo,
    Bagui
    Bolanos
    Campos (if he returns)
    Quinonez
    Gruezo hopefully will be called up since hes starting now in Stuttgart

t

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you forgot Fidel Martinez. He has won a spot for sure on the NT. There's no way he won't go to Brazil unless he's injured.

18. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You are right.

19. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #319 viagoal, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the time is approaching for the games in May when we will know who is in and who is out of this roster. let's hope there's no injuries right now these next 2-3 weeks are crucial to seeing who makes the list or not. The NT game coming up this upcoming week (anyone know the date?) are very defining moments for lots of these players and will give Rueda the last piece to his puzzle before he makes the call up of 30 players in May. After that 7 players will be left out of the list so there's a good handful of guys that can potentially be included in the list of 30. Good luck to them! I'm anxious to see what happens. This could possibly be the last call for a great surprise when referring to center backs. It's now or never.

21. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #321 viagoal, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    How many forwards will Rueda take ?

Enner Valencia stats: 2013/2014: Age 24 Ht 5'7 /14 goals in 21 starts
    http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/171771/enner-valencia?cc=5901

Felipe Caicedo stats: 2013/2014: Age 25 Ht 6'1 /7 goals in 13 starts
    http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/98025/felipe-salvador-caicedo?cc=5901

Jaime Ayovi stats: 2013/2014: Age 26 Ht 6'0 /11 goals in 22 starts
    http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/82650/jaime-javier-ayoví-corozo?cc=5901

Daniel Angulo stats: 2013/2014: Age 27 Ht: 6'1 / 16 goals in 43 starts
    http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/155819/daniel-patricio-angulo-arroyo?cc=5901

Fidel Martinez stats: 2013/2014: Age 24 Ht 6'0 /9 goals in 32 starts
    http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/130615/fidel-martinez-tenorio?cc=5901

Carlos Garces stats: 2013/2014: Age 24 Ht 6'0 /3 goals in 19 starts
    http://espnfc.com/player?id=133963&cc=5901

Joao Rojas: 2013/2014: Age 24 Ht 5'7 / 11 goals in 48 starts
    http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/116032/joao-rojas?cc=5901

Jeoffre Guerron : 2013/2014: Age 28 Ht 6'0 / ? goals in ? starts (not much info on the net)
    http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/47766/joffre-guerron?cc=5901

22. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  23. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  24. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    From the official Fifa World Cup Brasil 2014 program. smh ecuador-2014-cromos-sueltos-13282-MLV20074589924_042014-F.jpg

phillyfanslc and lyunmetrb88 repped this.
  25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #325 javer, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    aww man pineida got injured so carlos vayas is going instead what the hell ??? this guy is 27 years old played in the series b and segunda categoria most of his carrier played reserves with quito two seasons ago and actually played for los loros last season and he get the call ???!!!! why not nazareno why not velasco, mina, ordonez, corozo, dominguez, de la torre, mendoza, Denis quinonez, oyola, lopez, anibal chala, ayovi , sierra, ayala, romero why why why why why why why ??? some one tell me what the hell make this guy so special ??? i would have preffeered any one of them a thousand times over this guy seriously this is the most up setting thing that has happened under rueda why would a guy with barley any seria a experience near his 30 get called over the young guys who have been playing for years carlos vayas hasent played a games in seria a since aucas was in seria a i havent seen him play but their is no way he is making an amazing come back with quito right now with only 10 or so games played no way he should get any attention from rueda no way in hell he only in quito because he was such a cheep player that they loaned out he has no competition in quito for playing time right now even though rojas is their but quito for some reason does not want to play him and claim that him and caicedo are giving them disiplinary problems and we wounder why the league has become worst than mls smh so upsetting