Royial Scanner

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by royial, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

@royial
    Im interested as well. Still need tickets to Eng-Costa and the Semi in BH. :thumbsup:

2. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll work on this and on automation of purchase. Hopefully soon I'll release a new improved version.... Stay tuned.

Boahjay and SKULL_XD repped this.
  3. Ron Middleton

Ron Middleton Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Club:
    Carlisle United FC
    Does your scanner work on Safari on iPad.

4. SKULL_XD

SKULL_XD Member

Thanks for the app @royial, i have one quick question. If you do add automatic purchase will we be able to buy tickets for matches we have already bought tickets for? For example i bought 1 match 42 tickets but i need a couple more but they won't let me purchase more since I have already purchased one.

5. Macos11

Macos11 Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Vaasa, Finland
    Amazing man! My dream of experiencing a WC final still lives on :)! A million thanks!

I really doubt this will be possible. You'd think the app only automates processes you now can do manually.

6. sats

sats Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Hi Royial,

Please can you make the next version backwards compatible with XP otherwise I will need to buy another PC tomorrow.
    Thanks

7. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @royial: Good work! That speech thing is a great idea. Happy to see people making an effort to help others. Keep going and best of luck.

8. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good news - I was able to automate the purchase... I still debugging it to see that I didn't miss something... I'm tired for today so I guess i'll continue tomorrow working on it.... I'll publish it once ready...

Sorry guys I didn't reply to the private messages and to the questions here in the thread - i was focus to deliver to automation and I promise to get back to you right after i'll publish it.

Meanwhile I got few messages that even the first software without the automation helped some people to purchase tickets!

9. TheKermit

TheKermit Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's awesome news @royial. We can't thank you enough for all the effort you've put into this..it'll help a lot of fans here.

Look forward to your release! :)

10. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    The same problem here.

11. fitzy1717

fitzy1717 Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks ... Can't wait for the upgrade :)

Stuckin1au repped this.
  12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Sounds great.. as long as the ticket is reserved for those 15min its gonna be awesome!! Hope the chance of trying this app is bigger than scorpyns. :thumbsup:

13. tRucHo-

tRucHo- Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    i will be in brazil. definitely want to try this.

14. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    sweet....looking forward to this!

15. The Shid

The Shid New Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Thanks alot for the app , don't have any ticket yet but I'll surely donate a ton if it enable me to grab one or two since i'll be coming from very far to attend the world cup would be a shame if I can't be at the Maracana during my stay

16. shubham

shubham Member

Apr 15, 2014
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  17. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi,

I'm happy to announce that the version is ready. I still wasn't able to check all the scenarios etc but as I have really lack of time (I have 2 little kids :)), I decided to publish it as beta version.

I really hope you'll use it only for your personal needs.
    I'm using the software as well for games 62,64 so in case you find them, i'll be happy if you can buy 2 more and give it to me in face value :)

So the instructions:
    Download here
    Requirement: .NET Framework 4.5
    Uninstall the previous version (important!)
    Unzip the zip file to C:\wc2014tickets (important!), install by clicking on setup.exe and run.

Instructions:
    Left side:
    a. Put the game/s you're looking for (for example: 1 if you would like to get notification of game 1. 62,64 if you want to get notification for games 62,64).
    b. Choose the categories you want.
    c. Put the interval between availability check (seconds). I define 30 as minimum (will change it after i'll get my tickets/to special users :)) as I want a chance to win some games as well :). By testing it, looks like 30 is enough currently.
    d. Define the minimum amount of tickets you want.
    e. Define the maximum amount of tickets you want.
    f. Start button is disable currently till you'll logged in on the right side of the software to the ticketing system and access the page with the table of the games and the availability of each game. Then the start button will be enable and you'll be able to click on it.
    g. Wait for the beep :)

Version History:
    2.0 -
    Automation of purchase tickets.
    Bug fixing
    Ability to define the minimum and the maximum of tickets.

1.1 -
    Multiple Games Support
    Speech the available game in addition to the beep

1.0 -
    Single Game Support
    No notificatioon

Future:
    In case there will be a request, I can do email/SMS notifications.
    Also the tool not doing validation of the input etc.
    Let me know what do you think.

Good luck everyone and c'ya in Rio :)

Donation:
    Only if you were able to find tickets using the tool, and it was really helpful, you can donate here (Thanks for the guys that already donated!)

Questions/Suggestions - post here (better) or send an email to royialscanner at gmail dot com.

Roberto Larcos, scooterz, ItZa and 2 others repped this.
  18. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sadly XP currently not supported. I'll try to compile it with .NET Framework 2 and will update...
    Sadly its currently working only on Windows.. Sorry. You can find in a Google how to install Windows on a mac... Sorry again.
    As I'm not a Brazilian resident, I wasn't able to test it with Brazilian's account - sorry.
    Fixed it.
    No, sorry.
    No, the scanner is not going again Fifa's rules. It won't let you do so. Sorry.
    Thanks :) I'll be happy to get yours to see how you implemented it :)

19. NickHTFC

NickHTFC New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Club:
    Huddersfield Town FC
    Brilliant. Cheers! Unfortunately the app doesn't seem to be launching once installed - anyone else had this issue? Thanks.

20. Guern

Guern New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm having the same problem, i uninstalled the previous version, tried to reboot, and the app UI doesn't show when started.

21. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did you uninstall the previous version?
    Did you extract the zip to the location I specified?

Thanks.

22. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did you extract the zip to the location I specified? C:\wc2014tickets

Guern repped this.
  23. toporflop

toporflop New Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Hi Royial,

you're real awesome!
    But I have the same problem as the others and really uninstall the old version and extract the to c:\wc2014tickets...

24. Guern

Guern New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    My bad !! Sorry i omitted that point, blame it on the excitement

25. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    For those who can't start the app -can we have a quick TeamViewer session? I'll be able to see whats wrong and update.