UEFA WCL 2013/14: OL or Wolfsburg douze points?

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    What a shock. We won't watch the first leg between Potsdam and Wolfsburg thanks to a **** decision by Potsdam. I can't believe this club. Its like they're begging everyone in the world to hate them.

2. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    What's happening ?

3. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Eurosport wanted to move the match from 2 to 4.30 so that it wouldn't clash with some live motor sports coverage, but Potsdam wouldn't have it.

Gromit06 repped this.
  4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You'll be stream line the game over here
    http://www.rbb-online.de/rbbsportplatz/index.html

5. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Still I feel mad. Its not like I ever liked Potsdam. Now I even dislike this club more and more. What a joke. The SF on a live stream; like we're talking about an unimportant game. Glad WOB are more professional than them and we can see the second game on TV.

6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Er... it's Eurosport who refused to modify its programs (machanical sports) after they once accepted the time-schedule. I don't think the blame can be put on Turbine. And, actually, it's not the clubs who decide of the schedule but UEFA.

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It is a tri-partite agreement. For example Birmingham wanted to play at St Andrews the men's ground but due to Easter games, it would have been tomorrow. UEFA accepted it but not Tyreso.

8. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Yes, but in this case it's a "football" tri-partite agreement with the three actors of the event : the two teams annd the organizer.
    In the Turbine-VfL case, it's a media who is at the center of a problem. I think it's very different and not normal (even if we all know the media power in... men's football ;)).

blissett and gricio61 repped this.
  9. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    While I agree that it is Eurosport that have to take the main blame, Postdam action do have a big part in it to.

10. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    My article presenting the two SF for Foot d'Elles (in French, google translator in English, if not perfect is not too bad, well... understandable anyway).

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  11. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Potsdam are 100% to blame. Eurosport couldn't change the fact that they have to show the motor show as they bought its right way ahead of the CL draw. Two hours later wouldn't have killed anyone. Actually Potsdam said they refused because that would be an unusual time for their fans and might result in less people in the stands. Which I find bizarre seeing how often they played late in the big CL games.

I find it hard to take this competition seriously when I see that both SFs tomorrow won't be live on TV. Adding the unattractive football we saw in 70% of the games, what's so special about this competition? In all honesty nothing.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    getahold.gif ... lol, seriously... calm down, and try to capture some real perspective lol.

13. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    #388 Big-Fil, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    :D :eek: Wolfsburg had one tough game the entire competition last season, the final against Lyon. Do you really think this is the best women club competition in the world or in Europe? Some leagues are tougher to win compared to the WCL.

14. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Obviously you didn't know the former Coupe d'Europe des Clubs Champions (men's football) before the Champions' League... ;)
    Let's Women's football improving with time (I mean globally speaking, on a geographical point of view).

And anyway, don't forger there is a streaming for Turbine-WfL :)

15. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Well of course everyone hates them. They're Turbine Potsdam, what else do you need to know?

And apparently they fall down easily too; Pohlers with a yellow card on defender Mjelde at 90+1. Hope that defender is properly ashamed of herself.

Actually looks like decent game from a matchtracker; lots of on-target shots and several yellows. Looking forward to hearing whether the reality measured up to the bot version.

16. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    It was a boring. That's sums up the game. :ROFLMAO:

17. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Thank you very much, completely missed this until now. Super appreciated.

18. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Please don't take your case for a general and shared point of view... I love Turbine and I am not alone. And I love VfL too. And Franfurt the same. Saying this, you have the right to be a Potsdam's hater who never forgets to repeat it here in a loop;)

lunatica repped this.
  19. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    It was not at all from my point of view. It was an excellent game, only goals were missing. Are you a Frankfurt's fan by any chance ? :p

lunatica repped this.
  20. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
  21. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    #396 jocasta, Apr 19, 2014
    So television coverage is the ultimate measure of all things worthwhile?

There are two possibilities. You've either not watched a lot of this competition, which makes you educable (so keep watching), or you're trolling, which is more intriguing. Tell me, ...
    ... which league, exactly? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I just want to know what you're thinking.

Unclear antecedent for subject placeholder pronoun "it" and improper use of the indefinite article (or, alternately, missing the object of the predicate). "That was/that is"? also unclear antecedent referring to previous sentence, and check your number/verb agreement.

Oh GromitOh6, if only you had seen what Potsdam has done to me... sigh.

Say, that's a good idea though, I could just replace myself with a script.
    for( ; ; ){
    printf "Turbine Potsdam is Evil.\n"
    ;}

blissett repped this.
  22. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    Couldn't agree more. Very entertaining game to watch indeed. Some amazing plays by both teams. Finishing could have been better, but other than that it was great. Can't wait for next one.

Gromit06 repped this.
  23. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    Please speak for yourself, because luckily many people don't share your point of view.

Gromit06 repped this.
  24. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    #399 jocasta, Apr 19, 2014
    Yes, you're right of course, I should own up to it and be more specific. I will amend the endless loop to:

for( ; ; ){
    printf "Turbine Potsdam, when playing in WCL, is Evil, according to jocasta and quite possibly no one else, based on that time that thing happened that caused jocasta to go stark raving bonkers. Well, actually it was a couple of times and a couple of things, but mostly it was that One Big Thing.\n"
    ;}

Me too, and I'm quite jealous that I wasn't there to see it myself. Birmingham v. Tyresö sounded not quite as exciting, but again that's just going by matchtracker and I eagerly await someone's/anyone's first-hand account.

25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It was a very interesting game. Birmingham were very cautious in the 1st half and couldn't get out of the half except when the ball went to the right to Carney. They defended very deep to frustrate Tyreso and prevent Marta, Press and Boquete to go behind their defense. The downside is when you win the ball back and you need to go 60 yards forwards to get into an attacking position it is difficult. Obviously the lack of experience was showing.

The 2nd half was more even and Birmingham had a couple chances while Tyreso also had a few but it is not easy against a team that defends well with the forwards doing all the defensive duties properly.

The main point is many shots were off targets and both side will need to be more clinical in the 2nd leg. It should be the same kind of game next Sunday, Tyreso on the attack and Birmingham on the with their front 3.