Scorpyn's Scanner 2014

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Scorpyn78, Feb 25, 2014.

1. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    In my opinion, I think Football equipment is the best option. I like the idea of getting tickets to donate, but the huge prices mean we can't really get "bang for our buck." To make it fair for all kids, we may need 10+ tickets; that would cost at least US$900. I personally don't think its the most efficient way to use $900

scooterz and jupal repped this.
  2. rccc

rccc Member

Dec 11, 2013
    CHINA
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    pm you just now.

3. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    Do you have any idea where those can be purchased? Most likely 1/2 of the kids will be in Recife so that would be great

4. rccc

rccc Member

Dec 11, 2013
    CHINA
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Heard before,I love the idea.I will see what I can do with this website.

5. AzaleaSF

AzaleaSF New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    I choose toys (footballs and football gear) and food like @samconnie recommended. The toys will be enjoyed and used longer than a game. Thanks for coordinating. I would love to help with donations or anything else you can think of.

6. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    costa rica vs. england available.. :thumbsup:

7. MarquedMan

MarquedMan Member

Feb 19, 2014
    If you're purchasing anything from a club, email the club's marketing/PR department and notify them of what you're doing. You might find you get pricing discounts.

8. Chris McCormack

Feb 14, 2014
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Hi All,

I do not want to sound negative in anyway so don't interpret it that way. Planning and organising the purchase / delivery of items, transporting them etc is not going to be easy and requires a lot of co-ordintation. One thing is for sure, these message boards have never been so full of people, many of whom including myself that are willing to donate, just waiting for greenlight where. My suggestion

1. Get one paypal account and /or bank account number to start the donations (using someone trustworthy ofcourse, those mentioned on board already)
    2. Set a cut-off date for donations
    3. Take all donations at above cut-off date and give to one or a few of charities listed on https://www.justgiving.com/search?q=brazil&i=charity&limit=20

Those wanting to go over and above can withold some of the final donation and buy balls, equipment etc. and visit the children's homes or charities personally.

Thanks and lets start donating! :)

Chris

scooterz repped this.
  9. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @jupal: We are getting a lot of good suggestions from people here. I think this topic deserves a separate dedicated thread so others can also join in. It would be easier to keep a track of the conversation that way. People who don't visit this thread may not have any idea of this initiative. I am excited to see so many people ready to chip in. Let's make it happen.

10. shubham

shubham Member

Apr 15, 2014
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hi guys... I am desperate for getting a ticket to game 58. I have just one ticket for a game in Brasilia and I am in Brazil for a week. If there is any way that I can get the scanner that would help me maybe get some tickets. Please help guys!

11. Madridista3

Madridista3 New Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1136 Madridista3, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    hey all,

Just my 2c if you would allow me.

We all (myself inc) are thinking about the spirit of football when suggesting tickets, toys/ balls etc but how do we know that it will even benefit the child having that? In many cases - even just clothes, food, education or shelter is going to benefit them more than a football or toy or game ticket. Sure it will provide a moment of happiness but then the next day its back to being poor isnt it? In my opinion now the best donation is that of potential for a better future (education, healthcare) or the pure basics (food, shelter, clothing).

Isnt the argument going on in Brasil that tens of billions of dollars is being spent on stadiums and jazzing up accommodation for the ultra rich to visit when that tax money could've been spent on upgrading or additional social infrastructure, schools, hospitals that require it most? That the poor get poorer and there is little to no gain to the middle class? That after the WC is over - no one except the rich will truly benefit?

Personally I think @jupal you should select a deserving children's charity or two who have their own donation account link. We can request they set up a separate account that we alone donate to, so that they can differentiate the donations from "us" compared to their general donors. We can advocate for this charity and market it to our family, friends and work colleagues. The wider the reach - the greater the potential for donations. Its just a status update on Facebook or a group email at work. Then the volunteers at the charity can decide what to do with the money - and who better than those who volunteer their days and life to the service of others? For us it is a moment of charity - for them a lifetime. In my opinion I think we should let them decide what to do with the money.

@Scorpyn78 - In my opinion I think you should make your app buyable with all proceeds going to the charity. Set a price - $100, $200 whatever you choose, and do what you need to ensure genuine fans are buying it only. You have that potential to make lots of money for the charity if you wish to and you sound like a genuine person who would. Unfortunately it is hard to ask people to donate big without something in return. Yes you may get $20 anonymously here n there but the best results will come from something they benefit most - its sad but its the way of the world. I got the best results raising money for charities when the donor benefited as well - be it an over inflated purchase of a Krispy Kreme donut or a ticket to an event my team hosted. They were happy to pay the extra price knowing that they were going to temporarily benefit as well as others. Its a much easier decision to make! But ultimately your decision mate!

Sorry for the essay. I tend to talk too much when I'm passionate :p

Stuckin1au repped this.
  12. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

This very similar to what I believe is where the most long term good can be done in my opinion also.

13. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    hey guys i am at a fam reunion today............... so i will probably make a new thread sometime this evening when i am home and write further thoughts on your suggestions

Stuckin1au repped this.
  14. Felipao91

Felipao91 New Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Anyone with the scanner that can show the amount of tickets left for each game? Would be extremely appreciated.

15. Stefan79

Stefan79 Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Attached Files:

16. Felipao91

Felipao91 New Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Well appreciated. Thank you. Looks like Bosnia games are in high demand :p

As a Brazilian who got tickets to Iran v Bosnia it looks like it won't come close to even filling the stadium..

17. seelenschmerz81

seelenschmerz81 New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Hi Shorbin

i can give you 1 ticket for game 58

please send me a PM

18. Guern

Guern New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi @Stuckin1au
    I'm genuine fan following my team Algeria through the WC, looking for x2 tickets the game 48 : Algeria v Russia
    we already have tickets for the 2 other games of the first round (Game 15 and 32) and still desperately looking for the thrid game.
    Can i PM you all the proof you want (flights tickets, hostels, Fifa mail confirmation for the 2 other games ...) i am also using the lite version but by the time i refresh on the browser, tickets are already gone. you'll be a true life saver if you can manage to have @Scorpyn78 take a look at my case.
    Thanks

semi_vest repped this.
  19. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Come on guys Surely somebody here is holding Algeria v Russia help @Guern out. Surely it's not that high in demand in this forum.

nelsonb97 and semi_vest repped this.
  20. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok guys, time for an announcement. As you know Royial has released an app that allows you to automate the add-to-cart process. You can find it at: #92

I guess there is no point anymore to keep the full version restricted. I am going to release it in a day or two.

In the end I can only wish and hope that these apps don't get misused. I hope the genuine fans benefit the most, truly do.

tmac-tmac, Lucas..., WA Eagle and 6 others repped this.
  21. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    goood idea... my friend from recife is a hardcore Sport Recife fan...... i am sure he can get in touch with them quickly...

22. hiragii

hiragii Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Fair play to you Scorpyn!

To be honest, I also made a custom app based on your idea (and for that I'm grateful!) without any GUI or anything, just code running on a server and very customized to my needs, so I was feeling proud of myself as it's been many years since I did coding :)

I guess now there will be more people fighting for that elusive final ticket! Hopefully we all that intend to go can get it, and not people trying to resell it over face value.

23. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I really hope so too, but frankly I don't think it will be the case. Maybe i'm being a bit cynical, but I believe that greed always finds a way to manifest itself. Even "genuine fans" that are going might end up deciding to buy as many tickets to the later elimination games as possible so they can make a profit and pay for their flights, accommodation etc.

Obviously its your app and you can do as you please, but personally, I would be wanting to know exactly who's using my app. Not naming names, but I've already seen plenty of users on here (who I do believe are "genuine fans") who are only interested in the app and won't even do something as simple as read the first post in this thread.

Roberto Larcos and Stuckin1au repped this.
  24. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    The usefulness of the App will diminish accordingly. The likelihood is there will be very little if any tickets released for the bigger games anyway and this just means the chances of getting any are a bit less.
    Of course the reverse is true for people who don't already have it and for those who will be passed it who had never even heard of it. :)

Stuckin1au repped this.
  25. FourThreeThree

FourThreeThree New Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Club América
    Scorpyn,
    I hope that with this release, your initiave of providing something to less fortunated Brasilian kids doesn't vanish....

Stuckin1au repped this.