2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 30: Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by chewz, Apr 11, 2014.

1. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I didn't see anyone on this thread "gloating". Many people acknolwedged that Bayern would probably not be as pumped for the game having already won the Buli.

Oh please! This ^^ coming from you is rich.

footyfan1 repped this.
  2. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Only one, but he did it in our forum as well.

again, you all were hungry for the points and deservedly earned them.

Dhajj repped this.
  3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spot on.

4. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    this is true. Not sure what people have to gain from acting like a douche in other forums. OK, I leave it be now....and cheers

chewz repped this.
  5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who was it?

6. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think Bro was referring to our friend Slash.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I didn't gloat on this forum. I called a spade a spade. When we lost 0-3 everybody and their uncle bashed our terrible finishing, Miki being overpriced, Klopp's tactics. Why not just mention that we didn't have a single first choice defender and our #1 playmaker from last year and leave it at that? Can you imagine playing without Alaba, Dante, Boateng, Lahm all at once?

We beat you 3-0 and you guys are getting away with calling it complacency; as if there's no other way to beat you.

I am not specifically saying that you do or most do but some Bayern fans have an arrogance about them that would piss of any opposition. Were you guys 3 goals better than us in Dortmund? Even amongst you a lot of you were disagreeing. Were we 3 goals better than you in Munchen? There were hardly any doubters. We all know you guys have a fantastic squad with a CL winning coach at the helm but that doesn't mean the only way you can lose is by beating yourselves.

8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They aren't "getting away with" anything. What they're doing is exactly what you're claiming to do; "calling a spade a spade". Fact is they had nothing to play for in a competition they had practically locked up at the halfway point. This wasn't anything other than a glorified friendly for them. It may not have shown in the lineup, but it showed big-time on the pitch. We still had something to play for. That's why we won this time. There is a reason that when we played them and there was something at stake, we got beat pretty bad, and why we couldn't keep pace with them at all throughout the season despite them going through a similar injury crisis. Hint: it isn't because we're on their level.

9. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    #109 heynckes' hanging leftnut, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

Don't they have a rivalry with bvb? (If they didn't before the match, losing by 3 goals at home probably reminded them)

After winning the title, the first team had been named only for the CL matches against Man Utd. Then this match. If they had nothing to play for, why didn't Weiser, Hojberg etc etc play as in Augsburg? After all, bvb had lots of non-first teamers out there too.

But he named every starter; bar none. Didn't he think that someone might get injured before the CL semifinal? Maybe this match meant something to everyone at bayern then.

So firstly, it meant something to the guy who named the team. He did experiment with tactics though. But wait, so did Klopp - even leaving out one of the few first-teamers he had left - lewandowski - till an hour had passed.

Anyway from what I saw...their starters didn't take it lieing down. They started to fight before it was 3-0. They had pride.

Only reason? It didn't have anything to do with being, at that time, unnacustomed to playing without 5 starters?

BvB was maybe on top by a little bit till the first goal. And had some good chances after that - let's be more complete in the assessment.

They they have depth. That doesn't have much to do with what he was talking about - two head-to-head matchups; does it?

swit0539 repped this.
  10. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This is the point! the dismissive undertones coming from some of the FCB fans was a little off and quite condascending, as though BVB fans ought to be almost grateful that the mighty Bayern saw the game as asome kind of charity event.

No way man! Sure, some of their bite may have been lost (since winning the league). But not taking into account all the crap between these two sides and the fact that they are a professional sporting outfit who up until recently was run by someone who demanded 100% effort 100% of the time is silly.

In alternate reality, say for example Schalke won the league with time to spare and had to play Dortmund, they wouldn't just dismiss the game as a "glorified friendly". I acknowledge that the BVB vs FCB is not yet quite at that stage of the S04 rivalrly, but it is nonetheless a major rivalrly - that is the principle.
    They are top two clubs in Germany ffs , they will probably be so for the foreseeable future (let's hope so any way, in the case of Dortmund) and they presumably would play each other in a cup final soon. To a lesser extent, world cup coming up, and it is pretty competitive to get spots in that team. I think there was plenty at stake for FCB, to say otherwise ignores the reality of pro athletes/sport.
    :)

11. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I seriously doubt that this match, should it come to pass, will be anything like the poor display you saw last week. But if you want to assume that last weekend was indicative of what you can expect in the cup finale, then go right ahead.

Lahmfan repped this.
  12. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    If we assume bayern is as good as the allusions from several people here so far suggest....

You can't be unsure about bayern beating 1.FCK and be sure that they would put in a good display in the final against dortmund

13. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    [ quote="Boandlkramer, post: 29958781, member: 145641"]I seriously doubt that this match, should it come to pass, will be anything like the poor display you saw last week. But if you want to assume that last weekend was indicative of what you can expect in the cup finale, then go right ahead.[/quote]

Not at all. I ll

14. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    ^^^^^
    Sorry about that. I am experiencing some technical difficulties.
    Was just going to say that I fully expect fcb to do their best. They are the favourites for a good reason, they are a very good football team.

In some of my weaker moments, I have even said - in this very forum - that I believe them to be the best ever.

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get over yourselves people. The match meant nothing to Bayern.

And there is no f#cking way in hell Bayern sees us the way we see Scheisse 04 or Scheisse 04 sees us.

Again, get over yourselves..........

Dhajj, Boandlkramer, Lahmfan and 2 others repped this.
  16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Finally someone who's willing to state the obvious.

17. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    #118 heynckes' hanging leftnut, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    That I believe, but I'm standing by the opinion that the match did mean something to bayern's players. Not as much as it did to bvb's though. Here is why -

I think this BvB that has been under klopp is still in bayern's heads. Even last season, with bayern at their best, all head to head matches were close. I think they believe that even this depleted bvb (and they watched the match against Real last tuesday) can produce a performance that they may have no answer for. And getting beaten like that by that depleted bvb team probably added to it. All of which is why I think the match meant something and that the manner of the loss has since added to it.

To me, It's a bit like federer and nadal in tennis. Federer has the most wins of all time but he has a losing head to head record against nadal...nadal's game upsets his. In the last four years, bvb's head to head record against bayern is very good. It is five wins, two draws and a loss in the bundesliga. Then the two cup finals that were shared and - in munich - the cup quarterfinal loss. The bvb losses have been pretty evenly matched games - even the one from november. And we know that bvb's game can upset bayern's.

I think that the moral edge is still bvb's. Given all the extra resources bayern has and bvb's injury list, I think it feels to bayern like they should be further ahead. Not getting beaten like that at home by a depleted side even if they didn't put in a complete effort.

Bayern is not out of sight whereby they've forgotten. They aren't as good as barcelona was from 2009 to 2012.

18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If that was the case, they would have fielded their C Team. I disagree...Pep didn't field his best 11 because it meant nothing.

And I'm not sure what this means:

19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can't believe Im agreeing with @heynckes' hanging leftnut , but yes, I believe that BvB still has the psychological advantage on Bayern.

Perhaps thats why they folded so early in the match, also a match in a league that was already decided, is not worth getting anyone injured.

20. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    Totally agree Boandlkramer and Cris

21. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think it meant very little to the players because they already won the title and weren't motivated to give their best against us.

For Pep however it was important, the line-up shows it.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You really think it is this simple or is this just what you wish to believe??

Pep still has other competitive matches to play. He can't allow his top guys to get completely rusty.

Those guys weren't out there giving their all for victory. They were getting work in while making sure no one took unnecessary chances which could result in injury.

You know. MUCH LIKE WE DID AT THE END OF THE 2011 AND 2012 SEASONS!!!

Much like we laughed at the fans of opponents who celebrated beating us when we knew our guys were simply "playing out the string!"

How quickly people forget. Or is it just a huge case of hypocrisy??

When we had the league wrapped up and began losing, the matches didn't matter.

When Bayern has the league wrapped up and lose to us, they tried, but we just beat them.

Please.......

In Berlin? That's when we'll get Bayern's best. That's when we'll find out if we can truly stand up to them.

I think we still can. But this shit some people here are talking abouyt this last match?

Mother F#cker Please........

It means get over the self-importance. The majority of Bayern fans don't think of this "rivalry" anywhere near the terms of ours with Scheisse as some other guy tried to suggest. Those guys are waiting for the celebration at Marienplatz.

Only the greeedy Bayern fans care about anything about the losses they're taking in the Bundesliga. And who pays any real attention to those MFers anyhow???

24. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @footyfan1 is right. He stopped paying attention to me long before I was annoyed with the Augsburg loss.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A perfect season would have been nice but not necessary.