Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At the moment I just found what seem to be the starting teams, not sure if it also function as a live ticker...

The starting GK is Hourihan; why Endler can't be seen on the bench either? o_O
    Also, I am surprised that Rachel Williams in on the bench: during Mobcast Cup 2013 she had seen to me one of the best Chelsea players...

2. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Endler will arribe in May not sure when, and the coach said Hourihan will be the starter and Endler should be competing for the starting position (as Endler will have problems showing her capabilities ;))

http://www.chelseafc.com/chelsea-ladies-article/article/3748520

blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, yes, now I remember we had already talked about that... And for this match, who is Chelsea's 2nd GK?

4. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    #3979 blesstherebel, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Say it with me now! Ms... Ogimi... with the... braaace! :D

EDIT: 2-0 at Halftime.

ndsk120, hirohiro and blissett repped this.
  5. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Oh gimme a brace :p

6. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    There ya go! :D

OH GIVE ME THAT BRACE! :D

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How I'd wish I could see the match...

So, at the moment Ogimi is top scorer of FA WSL already, at 1st match of the league? :laugh:

8. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Maybe we'll get highlights afterwards.

And you know how it goes, if there is a top spot to be taken, she says OH GIVE ME THAT TITLE! :D

okay, I'll stop...

blissett repped this.
  9. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Still 0-0 in the Liverpool-Manchester City game just after the half, if anyone is remotely interested in that one...
    -

blesstherebel repped this.
  10. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    The more the merrier, brother. You know that we never say no to more information about anything :D

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile, she's freezed in the middle of a diving header for the goal in this picture :D:
    (although GettyImages believes she's Ji So-Yun: they probably said, well she's Asian, no?)

[​IMG]

12. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Well, that's embarrassing. :p

Also they blocked her out of the photo with the mark, which is lame.

blissett repped this.
  13. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Looks like Ms. Ogimi's brace will most likely be it, the match is in injury time.

EDIT: Yep, there it is. 2-0 win to start the year.

blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This one is a little better, but not very much...

[​IMG]

There are better pictures of her (and Ji) in the whole album, but she's not scoring in them...

15. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    None of your pic can be seen, Blissett :(

So, in exchange I'll give you the Turbine's official poster of Potsdam-Wolfsburg in 1/2 F ol CL which will be played on saturday ;)

[​IMG]

16. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I would never reveal my true feeling for Wada as my avatar would likely be vaporized or at least mugged. But always been an Urawa fan, and 3 different Shibata avatars before.
    Here's one and if anyone wants it, its already perfect size/shape: untitlb.png If you know me on Twitter, it was my avatar there all of last year, but seeing as the other player defected from Belle, I am done with it. Permanently.
    My 3 teams are Belle, Urawa and Vegalta in that order, but only the last two have realitsic hopes this year of winning anything, unless Belle signs a couple of real players.
    Incidentally you made some comments somewhere about looking forward to INAC-Belle this weekend, and that would have been true anytime in the past 2 years - this time surely Belle will lose by 3 clear goals. Its a team v a half-team and I predict 4-1 or 5-1.
    That's a beatiful photo, but her other goal is in there too, and this time they called her Yuki.....[​IMG]

Now, you guys wouldn't be so surprised if.........

And G repped this.
  17. NoDefense

NoDefense Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  18. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    1. Laura Harvey stated in post match conference she wanted to see how team deals without Naho's presence, given next month Asian Cup. I'm happy for Naho, because Boston were very agressive and fierce in the first half like they wanted to prove something to the best team in league and they could injure her. In the second, they got tired and Naho could finish them easily and safely. :thumbsup:
    2. Did you just compare Nahomi World-Cup-Starting-Two-Goals-In-Tournament-Champion Kawasumi to Syd Never-Been-to-World-Cup-National-Team-Sub Leroux? How dare you!? :confused:

BAN blisset!!!
    :x3:

19. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, but Kawasumi will be away for almost a month. It's slightly different. But if I were their coach, I would make most of her while you have her.

Gromit06 and blissett repped this.
  20. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    It seems Emma Hayes had no such reservations about Yuki Ogimi.

hey... this is not WSU... (!) :D
    -

lukephan and Gromit06 repped this.
  21. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, it seems I missed a good game by Ogimi and Chelsea, well, a 2-0 is a 2-0 and is a victory, Chelsea will shut up many mouths this season (I wish :) )

Gromit06 repped this.
  22. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    GEMA is an organisation responsible for collecting royalties for artists if their material is being used in any slightly commercially related context. For a while they were asking schools to pay royalties for traditional German songs until someone pointed out that they are public domain. They collect money at festivities were food is sold and music is played or at music clubs. Lately they extent to the web and became the most shown "artist" on YouTube in Germany simply because a lot of videos are being blocked by them. Reason is that there are artists involved whos music has being used without royalty payments or that don't have contracts with GEMA. There were a few Nadeshiko videos that were blocked because of the background music.
    In the case of this video it seems to be a FIFA copyright infringement that doesn't allow me to watch it in Germany. Not sure what organisation is behind that. Anyway, I will try with an US IP next...

23. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #3999 frideswide, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    The BBC report of last night's FAWSL games:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27075094

The report says Yuki's second goal came off a cross by So-Yun, although I believe Eniola Aluko was credited with the assist.

the picture without the banner...
    [​IMG]

Gromit06 and blissett repped this.
  24. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So it was blocked because FIFA material has been used and FIFA is a GEMA partner not allowing the material to be shown on this web-page (in Germany)