FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid CF | Copa del Rey final | El Clasico | 16.04.2014 | 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Tobias19, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Xabi Alonso play?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
  2. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What are you talking about? Counter-attack man! That's how we beat them with Mourinho and that's how we beat them last night. If we played how you wanted us to play we would have conceded 4 goals like last time. Where was Messi? No space for space haha. It works against tiki taka. Any fool knows that. I am just happy Ancelotti has finally realised this also. Yes he gets credit too of course but it is clear Simeone showed him the way after the champions league matches.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/04/17/real-madrid-2-1-barcelona-copa/

He actually used the same system and plan as Simeone. It's funny how he tried to play possession football with the 4-4-2 earlier on the season with Ronaldo haha. The 4-4-2 is a reactive counter attacking formation. It took him time but he got there in the end.

I would play this way against Bayern. Look at what Man Utd nearly achieved. I would possibly drop Benzema and just play Ronaldo and Bale up front. Counter-attack. We found a way to beat the big teams. Let's stick to it.

Lyra and Hendrix22 repped this.
  4. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's actually an interesting idea. But I do like having Benz up front to hold the ball up and relieve pressure.

5. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I love seeing the players reaction to
    Bale especially Xabi and Ramos who was tripping over himself to get some Bale.

Best part of the video is the look on all those clues face hahahaah loved that the celebrations happened there.

Lyra and temesgen repped this.
  6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The way Atletico played and we played yesterday was completely different. Lined up the same from a defensive perspective (4-4-2) , but the strategy was different.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Isco's first pass was phenomenal. In past years, we'd just hoof the ball out in that situation, especially if Pepe was involved.

8. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    When the players went in for the celebratory dive towards the fans, Neymar joined them. He thought it was practice.

10. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    #1211 zohee, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    In Munchen yes, at home, no. Bayern have players who track back a lot faster than Barcelona, so the counter won't be as easy as it was here. IMO it would be better to try and surprise them, press them hard, to see if they'll make mistakes, which could enable us to make a quick, direct attack on their goal. If they don't falter, we can still sit back and use the same tactic we did against Barcelona.

But the thing I'm the most concerned about... We limited Barcelona to crosses, because they have no one to score the ball from these crosses. Bayern have Mario and as far as I've seen him, he's pretty good with his head. That could be a serious problem for us.

11. Real4Real

Real4Real New Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Not only that, but we need to score at home, and Bayern aren't going to go all out and leave spaces at the back in the first leg. If we get a result at home, then maybe, although we've never had much success defending a lead in Germany.

13. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Right, but the thing I'd rather see is us keeping a clean sheet, though that's probably not going to happen. So we basically need to score (a lot), like you said, and then see how the second leg goes.

14. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    him or iniesta arguably should have one of messi's golden ball awards, no denying that.

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale's other job:

[​IMG]

Vector-SS, Ahmadi8, Bear Crotch and 15 others repped this.
  16. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pepe comes in like, ******** with him and you'll ******** with me :D

Pepe is the guy everyone wants with them when they go out getting drunk in case it all kicks off :D :D

Karthik and anticule repped this.
  17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    and who was the guy that called for 4-4-2 prior to the game???? @Lyra :D

18. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [quote="Eddie, post: 29965937, member: 70321"

[​IMG]
    [/quote]

This reminds me of the coach in the 'Water Boy' when he's telling his players to go get Bobby :D

anticule repped this.
  19. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol. Carlo is in bed, ass out and sweating his back off from the night before :D

Training is off lads. ******** it. :D

temesgen repped this.
  20. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Half the problem is that its the Soviet Union over there. Any word from a Madrid supporter and the mods will give you an infraction immediately. Any word from any opposing team and it's 50/50 you'll get an infraction. I think the mods on the Barca board have killed it beore it ever lived.

ADiSKOTEC repped this.
  21. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let me ask you a simple question, do you think Madrid played like Bayern did last year in their 7 goal THRASHING of Barca in the CL Semis? You can have a counter attacking strategy without parking the bus with 11 players less than 15 yards from goal, with your GK kicking the ball away time after time. This Barca team is horrible, parking the bus Mourihno style is not Madrid's best strategy. If they attempt this strategy against Bayern they will be ripped apart.

23. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jese on Skype / FaceTime....Really cool :D

[​IMG]

Ahmadi8, RMSocrates, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  24. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are too stupid to have a dialog with. I was referencing my first post in my 2nd post. I brought up deserve, the poster asked why i thought Barca deserved it, I then said deserve is not the point as to not get bogged down by an inconsequential part of my original post. I hate that I actually have to explain this to somebody.