BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Agreed. But I would think those are usually the best players. I don't recall the players exactly, but in the last few years I recall a club being relegated and was surprised at the number and quality of the players who stuck with the club. Was it BMG or FCN or Koeln or someone in the last 5 years who did that.

We may see exactly this in action if HSV don't start pulling it out soon. ;)

2. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    It happened with juventus didn't it? Well for buffon and del piero anyway.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  3. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gundogan will be earning 4m per year instead of 2.5m he was making before the new contract. Heard this on a BVB fan site - can someone confirm?

4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Wow, if true that's confidence he'll come back 100%.

5. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    If footyfan is right in saying that inurance covers most of his salary while injured...would still you say the same?

6. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At any normal workplace, workers compensation benefits usually equal at least 60% of your salary; this assessment is correct. Regardless of who covers his sick leave though, if this quote is correct, it does point to the fact that BVB expect him to make his recovery and regain form, with extra salary an incentive to get him back up to speed. Sounds very promising, hope Reus and Hummels get their significant raises too.

7. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When you get sick in Germany the employer continues to pay your full salary for another 6 weeks, afterwards the insurance company covers up to € 8k a month (give or take). That was also the reason why Breno got into financial trouble after his two severe long-term knee injuries. He couldn't handle his expenses at 8k /month.

As as long as Gündogan doesn't make a comeback, there's no reason for BVB to complain about his increased wages. After all they haven't been paying him since October anyway and as soon as he makes his comeback he's easily worth that amount.

8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Well, I can only speak from my experience and what I know from following 1860 all these years. We had several players on our rosters from 2003-1010 who had long-term injuries (several never came back: Schroth, Agostino, Cerny, Schwarz, etc.) who never came back. The club was out some money for them...as I recall it was a percentage of their salary but I don't recall how much.

I am not sure, but I don't think insurance pays for a salary increase given to an injured player, but I don't know for certain. To be honest, I don't think I have ever heard of a club giving a player with a long-term injury a pay raise and a new contract.

9. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    didnt know football existed in 1010 .. must be a 1860 thing.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  10. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Course it did!! Of course, we were in the second division then too. ;)

Lahmfan repped this.
  11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe the roots of football go all the way back to the Romans IIRC.

12. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But, but...the city of München was founded in 1158...:p

Lahmfan repped this.
  13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Naw, we were part of the original settlement in 1009 that built a fussballpark along the Isar. 900 years later Bayern built theirs. The rest is history. ;)

Lahmfan repped this.
  14. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Klopp said Gundogan can even be fit for the World Cup and Bild says he will start training again on Monday.

That gives us hope he will at least be back for the next season from the very beginning.

15. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If he completes the preseason without any problems, he could be... I'm glad to hear these good news.

16. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When he plays, we'll talk........

Bazi repped this.
  17. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This.

Not the first time we heard talk like this only to be followed by absolutely no sign of Gündogan's return at all.

18. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i thought he was ruled out from the world cup? i really hope a speedy recovery for him. what a guy.

19. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Löw would be mental to take two CM's to Brazil who haven't played a single minute of football in 2014. At most it's Khedira or Gündogan.

Vlad S. repped this.
  20. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Take neither Sami nor Ilkay please. Durm and KG must make it into the squad I think.

21. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Klopp said no such thing. Here is what Klopp said as presented by RN.

Translated by me and I tried to add so people can understand the context of Klopp's words.

It is the same f#cking game they've been playing when it comes to Gundogan..

Klopp on Gündogan: “Everything is better, but still not perfect. The stress of the highest levels requires perfect working order. He can use his situation to improve his training levels. Nothing has changed much. Things are just taking an unusually long time. When (In this case "when" can mean "if" in the context Klopp used it) he can (complete/do) normal training this season, others have to decide if this is good enough for a World Cup (place). Maybe there is a such thing as (great) early form which (would make him) useful for the World Cup. This would be desirable, but I cannot make a statement on it.”

Bazi repped this.
  22. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Funny transfer rumour I heard.

Liverpool wants Schmelzer...

Thoughts?

Bluecrux repped this.
  23. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't they have English talent on the LB position?

24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gündoğan is the substantially better player, providing similar box-to-box mobility with better technique and vision at the expense of physicality. If both's fitness levels are similar, its a no-brainer. Obviously its not, and I think if Löw truly has the long-term interests of his team at heart, he'll allow Gündoğan as much time as needed for him to recover 110% rather than try and push the envelope for the WC.
    Its a difficult choice, because I really like Durm and I think he's already better than Schmelzer in a lot of ways (smarter and more three-dimensional in attack, yet more conservative and positionally sound on defence) but I don't really want to just hand Durm the job based on a half-season of work, which is essentially what'd happen if we sell Schmelzer. Schmelzer, as much as we like to rag on him, reliably provides what he provides and is experienced, and there are worse options. Unless Liverpool are offering silly money (10 mil euros or more), I'd reluctantly turn them down and throw the gates open-season competition on LB between Schmelzer and Durm. If Schmelzer loses and is unwilling to become a rotational option, I'd look into selling him.

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Luis Enrique and Cissokho are the two names I've heard for Liverpool at LB. Could be wrong there.

EDIT: And Bazi, I'm sorry for bugging you about the avatar. Wear whichever avatar you feel most comfortable with, regardless of whether it has Hoeneß or not.