FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid CF | Copa del Rey final | El Clasico | 16.04.2014 | 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Tobias19, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Xabi Alonso play?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't disagree. I said there were merits to both strategies without recommending one.

And what I said was the downside to this strategy actually came to fruition as well in that you have to defend clean because you are put in so many situations where you need to make the proper play, you are increasing chances of a screw up, and with our defense, that is dangerous.

2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And I said, that you're actually decreasing chances of a cockup, because you don't give that much individual responsibility to the defenders, rather you protect them collectively and reduce the space to operate in. But hey:

:D

I know I sound like one of the petty posters on this board now, but we just won a title against Barca, and I am allowed to be a bit cocky.

3. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know that was me just joking around, right?

4. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't take any of them are sober enough.

Day off.

Subtractam repped this.
  5. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Hendrix22 this was my more serious post on the tactics. I actually split the difference.

6. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post more, please.

RMSocrates repped this.
  7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, yeah... :p

You disagreed with the statement that this was the perfect gameplan, don't try to deny it.

There was this exchange as well:

The revolutionary concept of attack to attack transition:laugh:

Have to say, Ancelotti fooled us all, he said one thing, and did the complete opposite. However, if we didn't score early I believe we would have made more of a contest and played our style until we did. Luckily, we're not as stupid as Barca to keep going for possession after we score. When you score, especially against Barca, the balance of the game changes, sitting deep is an absolute imperative.

8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You are special, if you get what i mean.

:D

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  9. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    [​IMG]

Basically.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anon., Forester, Lyra and 11 others repped this.
  10. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, you really disproved me there.:thumbsup:

11. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    During the start of the game (1-20 minutes ish) Real Madrid when they had the ball tried to keep in and penetrate Barca's mid which they did in several occasions when they actually kept the ball. It's good that we can counterattack and also play our own style. The reason why we lost last year to Dortmund was because we were very one dimensional.

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #1187 janos audron, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    What to say otherwise to a guy who describes tiki-taka as useless despite it brought them incredible results.

Besides i dont see how the 2:1 result with a flash of individual briliance against such Barca can be described as the "only" way to play against them, because lets face it they were prepped and ready to be stuffed like fckin turkey if only RM would bring "constant" pressure on their defense.

I am super happy about the trophy, but i dont need to like the way we played.

13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can see the results its getting them now, and they are still blindly sticking to it without any other alternative.

14. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All this discussion before the game whether or not there was a blueprint to beat Barca. I think @Hendrix22 and myself were clearly proved right on the night. Where is @Zidane05 ? :D

Fantastic counter attacking goals. Should have won by more. Fantastic team defending. This is how you destroy tiki taka. I love it!

Hendrix22 repped this.
  15. Real4Real

Real4Real New Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just done watching the game. Absolutely Buzzing.

For most of the match it was frustrating to watch since we could've put this game to bed early, but we had about half a dozen bad final passes. It almost seemed like we didn't want it enough, but lucky for us, for most of the match it seemed Barca didn't want it that much either.

Absolutely delighted for Bale, it seemed like for whatever good he's done in his first season, there was always a criticism or two. Hopefully the kid gets a break now for a while, he stepped up when we didn't have the best player in the World last night.

Hopefully this will be a platform for the last few remaining games of the season, and before the World Cup, hopefully we can another couple of trophies to this so far successful season.

Commiserations for Barca, they seem like a mess from top to bottom... And may they stay that way for another half a decade! :whistling: ;) :thumbsup:

16. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    And this is why tiki-taka sucks and "catenaccio" with counter rocks? :sick:

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This just in: There are some reports that Bartra is still chasing Bale.

Minduchio, Oscar, halamadrid00 and 5 others repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's also a ridiculous person.

RMSocrates repped this.
  20. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Vector-SS, Lyra and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  21. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I will, kind sir, I will.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The blue print was pressing high? LOL yeah we did tons of that last night. We stayed back, stayed narrow, and pressed in our final third and only in the middle. When the ball went inside, Isco, Modric, and Xabi swarmed them, forced it out wide and made Barca cross... how many crosses did they throw into the box.

Were you also right about the coach being tactically inept? Or you aren't too smug to come here and talk about that?

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    temesgen and RMSocrates repped this.
  24. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Exactly. Except for that Xavi pass to Neymar, we limited them to crosses fairly well. The only two who did any sort of pressing were Benzema and Bale, otherwise we stayed back and let them come to us.

Zidane05 and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  25. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is awesome...especially since they were zoomed in on him well before he was involved. Really cool to see him point for Fabio to pass. And, btw, what a play by Fabio to dribble out of traffic and play a perfect through ball as well.

dipluso and Akramzizou repped this.