Canaries in a coal mine - the other teams thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Romfordray, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    he's overrated, I heard.

charlie15 repped this.
  2. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Gareth Bale with powah football. Kick and run, lol.

Pinto is a clown keeper lol

That tiki taka crap died in the 2nd leg versus Chelsea in 2012. Barca been dead.

footykid repped this.
  3. RitztotheRubble

RitztotheRubble Member+

Apr 15, 2011
    great run from bale there. had barca signed a few decent defenders over the past couple of years they would be in a much better position i feel.

kind of neat to see ronaldo celebrating as much as he is. seems like most players in england go off on a shopping trip with their wives when not playing.

4. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  5. RitztotheRubble

RitztotheRubble Member+

Apr 15, 2011
    no it didn't.

6. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yes it did

Shen-O repped this.
  7. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Enough already. It's not like it's just Sunderland. Like everyone else, I hope we can finish 4th and win the FA Cup. Nonetheless, the success of Everton and Liverpool in the League have made Wenger (and by extension us) look maximally incompetent.

8. gogunners14

gogunners14 Member+

Dec 6, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A spirited debate!

9. aphex

aphex Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    daaaang.... not to shabby for a defensive mid

10. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You're also missing the point; it's not how they play overall, it's how they play against big teams specifically.

They managed to get better results against them while they've got a much inferior squad than ours.

Read up.

11. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

12. DeltaSig

DeltaSig Member

Mar 7, 2007
    DENVER
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the point some are trying to make is there is a reason we got trounced by the other teams; THEY ARE BETTER THAN US. Instead ask why we failed at beating teams we SHOULD beat such as villa. west brom, stoke MANU?!

charlie15 and DutchCane repped this.
  13. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I get that, but unlike us, Sunderland didn't concede 17 goals in 3 games (vs. Liverpool, Chelsea, City).

Sunderland conceded 2 goals against City in their stadium, while we conceded 6 goals
    Sunderland conceded 2 goals against Liverpool in their stadium, while we conceded 5 goals

Also in other games like Chelsea 2-1 W, they managed to get good results.

It's just mind baffling how we conceded so many goals against these 3 teams (Chelsea, Pool, City) this season, while a much inferior team like Sunerland conceded much less and even had good results against them.

14. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

Spurs fans must be broken after seeing this pic.

15. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    So against those three we have 5 points out of 18. Not great I agree, but hardly the real problem. City only have 7/18, pool just 6/15...not exactly miles ahead. Chelsea have 13/15 but still aren't at the top of the table. Taking 5/18 off the 3 above us is not great, but it's not something to focus on. If we simply address our problems in personnel these will take care of themselves IMHO.

Sunderland, meanwhile has taken 2 points of the last 27 available...including a big loss to spuds :eek: Sure, Let encourage our players to be more like theirs.

16. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I do understand what he's trying to say. But, having watched Sunderland almost every week this season, there is absolutely nothing we should emulate about them. Their attitude sucks, their organization sucks, and they have absolutely no control over the outcome of their matches. The points that they have earned against the big clubs have been almost entirely because of the big clubs' failure to perform.

DutchCane and charlie15 repped this.
  17. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    screw that. we've got gylfi Sigurdsson and erik lamela.

... er ...

DeltaSig repped this.
  18. octavii

octavii Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've also watched Sunderland every week and they have spirit and attitude. They wouldn't have made the cup finals without it. They have strong manager. Aside from Borini, Ki and Adam Johnson, their player quality is not suited for the premiership. They're scrubs hanging onto dear life and they have a bite. This is something that Arsenal does not have.

19. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    "Somewhere in the Universe, there has to be something better than man. Has to be!"

20. octavii

octavii Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm not sure what Arsenal_NGA said to deserve condescending remarks. Nobody is saying that we should trade positions with Sunderand and there is no contest that Arsenal is the better team.

21. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah I thought they were kinda rough on him. I totally understand what he was saying.

22. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This.

x1000 this.

Maybe it's because I used Sunderland - where a certain American striker can't even make into the starting 11 - as an example. :p

Never said that they are better than us, or that we should swap positions with them, but we could learn a lesson from them when it comes to playing against big teams in the league.

23. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What were your thoughts when you saw this?

[​IMG]

24. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is #16 for Barca? Busquets? If I'm a Barca fan there I'm livid with that reaction. There were still upwards of 5 min plus stoppage left, dont fall on the pitch like the game is over, get that ball back to the center circle and go try to score an equalizer. Pussy.

DutchCane, wanye_stirrear and J'can repped this.
  25. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Had the same thought but then it occurred to me he was trying to get a free kick for his team.

maskito repped this.