The Official 2013 Greatest College Football Conference Thread

Discussion in 'Football' started by Catracho_Azul, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The Old Head Ball Coach on Saban whining about fast tempo/no huddle football:

Ma man :cool:

2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Which, now that the vaca group is out, is made up of rednecks, Black folks, Cajuns, the Mannings and your family.

There's not a Southern metro area without rednecks. Not ATL, not B'ham, and certainly nowhere in Louisiana. Probably not even Miami/Dade.

Playoff games exist for a reason, and that's to win them all. The Saints have done that a whopping one time, that while paying its players more to injure folks. Even so, I like Payton more than Belichick.

You need that straw to make a bed. Don't burn it all playing keyboard warrior...

Ah, but their fans aren't. That matters.

Only the Seahawks can make jokes. Your team just played more games than mine did.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Send me your bottled tears. Between Steelers and USC Trojans, which one has been more painful to watch firsthand the past 3 years?

4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You that thirsty, walk your ass down the damn road to the still like always. What I bottle ain't for guys.

Les Miles trying to stay relevant in the wake of Nick Saban and Gus Malzahn. Best worry about Saban's new boy Bielema- if the Razorbacks pass you up, you might not make a bowl game...

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    LOL. Boy that must be some potent u smokin over in Bama.

6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's midgrade. 'Dro and highgrade are too costly and I don't do the Mother Jones green thumb thing.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Oh yea. Unless your Dro is from Cali, u might aswell just put it on ya spaghetti as herb.

We need to chop it up one of these days Auria.

8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meh... this isn't wine, it's water and seeds. I've had Cali dro. I bought some from Tennessee that was better, years ago.

I'll pick up a couple of MILFs in Mobile and head your way one day. I haven't been to NOLA in years.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  9. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't popped into this thread in a few weeks and I see that some silliness took place, some of which involving assertions that A&M owns Texas now.

[​IMG]

Personally, I congratulate the Aggies for making a graceful transition from finishing third and fourth in the Big 12 South every year to finishing third and fourth in the SEC West every year. And really, congratulations to the Aggies on signing a lot of five stars in February. Having been witness to 16 years of Texas football under Mack Brown, I can tell you what a guarantor of future national championship and BCS bowl appearances THAT is.

10. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's quite a bit better than the ESPNSEC crowd said they'd do. I don't disagree that they're not Texas and won't be for some time, if ever, tho.

11. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure why. I don't give A&M credit for much, but I do think that they're consistently better than Ole Miss or Mississippi State. That already puts them in fifth. Then it's not a stretch to think that at least one of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and Arkansas are going to dicktrip in a given year. (Historically, you'd bet on the last of those four, if SWC and SEC history is any indicator.) Bingo! You're in fourth place.

Well, yeah. The only people who would disagree are redassed Aggies and folks from out of state who don't understand that Texas' being down is a prerequisite for A&M's ever being at the forefront of college football in the state, but that the converse is not true. Every period where A&M was ever ahead ended as soon as Texas got good again.

From 1984 to 1994, A&M beat Texas 10 out of 11 years. I was at UT in middle of that streak and saw the only UT win. It had literally no impact on the dynamic. As soon as John Mackovic, then Mack Brown, started undoing the damage done under Fred Akers and David McWilliams, A&M returned to their second banana status that is such a huge part of their identity.

If/when Coach Strong gets things sorted out in Austin, it will not matter one damn bit what Kevin Sumlin does or doesn't do.

12. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Arsene Wen- uh, Les Miles has landed a QB in eighth-grader Zadock Dinkelmann. He'll be joining the Bayou Bengals in fall 2018.

How on Earth did Rice, SMU and Baylor miss out on this game-changing athlete???

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    You forgot about the demi-god, Dylan Moses, :cool: whom was offered by Lil Nicky the week after he got his LSU offer in the 8th grade.

not like USC never offered that lil kid Sills or anything. :coffee:

14. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good lord. Bielema and Miles and Mullen wish they could be as "lil" as Nick Saban. Saban has four developmental rings --one at home, one on the road and two on neutral turf-- he's proven that his recruits pay off- he can take a chance on an 8th grader.

No, I'm talking about this guy. Sapeaks volumes that you know about this Sills (follow developmental football recruiting much?) but I don't. A Google search reveals that the guy who offered Sills is no longer the HC at the University of Southern California. Miles, OTOH, is still at LSU. When does it stop?

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Except USC haven't pulled the scholly on Sills whose a 2015 recruit and currently listed at committed to USC. They must've been gassin him up since his year on the JV squad. Thats USC for ya though.

Saban took a chance on a 8th grader after he saw Les Miles do it. Nothing new I guess, his talent evaluation around these here parts cling on Les.

16. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It speaks volumes about you that you'd even suggest such a move.

You don't pull a ride out from under a kid even if you don't think much of the former coach who offered it to him.

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I forgot... USC aint in the SEC.

18. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is getting Updyke creepy. What you said yesterday about programs yanking schollys out from under kids was some redneck shit for real. I hope your team wins enough this year to keep you from harming yourself or anyone else. Peace.

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I root for the Knicks... I think I'll survive a losing record from LSU (lulz not gonna happen).

USC must pull dat boy's scholly!! do it!! do it!! you already have douchebag Tee Martin, one step closer to that based SEC winning formula mentality. Pull it!!

20. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol Mizzou dismissed their best player on the team.. lets wait and see how long this will last.. give it 2 weeks before they beg to have him back on the team with a slap on the wrist.

22. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missouri isn't clear on how SEC teams deal with things such as beating a woman. Maybe Auburn and Alabama can send some athletic office people to show them the proper way to cover this stuff up.

Auriaprottu and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  23. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, they're very clear. Them not flinching at the suicide of that alleged rape victim a few years back is what gave them an edge over, say, Clemson and Louisville.

You're Big Ten, so I guess you aren't as familiar with this sort of thing as you might be if you lived in Dixie.

Look- the SEC's AD people don't do any of that. That stuff is handled by folks nobody knows. Remember Logan Young, the Alabama booster who committed suicide (during the Albert Means investigation) by bashing his own head in and then running up and down the stairs in his house, thereby getting blood on both floors?

stanger repped this.
  24. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminder: Michigan is still in the Big Ten.

25. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States