FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid CF | Copa del Rey final | El Clasico | 16.04.2014 | 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Tobias19, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Xabi Alonso play?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Enjoy the win my friend.

saadomar repped this.
  2. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Does anyone know if Xavi watched the film yet?

3. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If and ONLY if we win the treble, I'd like a 1 day suspension on all whining and moaning on this forum. Just one day of unimpeded joy and appreciation of all that is good about our team. Nobody says anything whiny.

Nah he's about to ask Robert Downey Jr. if he's in need of a stunt double for Avengers 2, since he'll be retiring soon.

4. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If those were the options I'd rather to park the bus like a 2 dollar whore and win. But those aren't your options. Point is that this isn't the Madrid that lost 5-0 to Barca, and that's not the Barca that won 5-0. Even in the last match that was lost 3-4, I thought Madrid dominated the match until they fell to 10 men.

This Madrid is BETTER than Barca. There is no need to give away possession at every opportunity by kicking it back to them. Is it possible to beat a team by parking the bus, soaking up pressure, giving 80% possession, having 10 men in your own 18 yard box and hoping to nick a goal at the end? Yes, it is. But you won't be great teams doing that. I think this Madrid would have beat this Barca if they just came out to play like they do every game. Looking to dominate the opponent.

Who "deserved" to win is pointless. My point is that this Madrid team is better than this Barca team, and it's not neecessary to pretend as though you're up against the best side in history and park 11 men 5 yards away from your own goal giving opportnity after opportunity to your opponent, and hoping to get lucky on a counter.

5. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #1130 Subtractam, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Do you not understand tactics? You're basically choosing aesthetics over logic. This "HORRIBLE Barca side" 's weakness is counterattacking, as shown by numerous teams. So the purpose of apparently, 'parking the bus' is to create counterattacking chances, where we all know Barcelona are extremely vulnerable. The ultimate purpose is to win a football match by outsmarting the opponent (surprise surprise).

Edit: If we had played possession, which may or may not have worked, it completely counteracts and doesn't target Barcelona's weaknesses. As shown by the 3-4 game, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi had acres of space to work with when we played the possession game. Through variables, we ultimately lost that game. So, what were our faults in that game?
    1. Leaving huge space between midfield and backline
    2. Midfield being outrun

And what did we do to change this and give ourselves a better chance of winning? Play counterattack.
    1. Used a 4-4-2 formation which creates almost zero room between the backline and
    midfield (Barcelona can't go through the middle and so resort to useless crosses)

libertao, Chinky24 and Lyra repped this.
  6. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    :rolleyes:

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  7. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  8. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Pique Masch Ramos and Pepe would have all fouled Bale and gotten away without even a yellow card. The lack of experience showed. So yeah stupid goal

anticule repped this.
  9. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Trophy less cnuts

RMSocrates and Chinky24 repped this.
  10. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The english press today on Bale.. big headlines on all the websites and on all the back pages.

[​IMG]

11. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is one awesome photo.

And damn, Mestalla stands are so steep.

12. ordinaryworld

ordinaryworld Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Xavi Hernández:
    “They took advantage of their weapons. They hurt us with their counterattacks. If anyone is at fault, it’s the team. From the manager to the players. These are our errors, and our rival took advantage of them. We still have La Liga, and it will be difficult to win it, but we will continue fighting for the title.”

He is saying subtly,"Martino, ******** off."

13. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's so f*ckin awesome for Bale! He deserves the good vibes because he is one outstanding player, and also a complete class act! He represents our club well. He will grow in confidence from this and do even better, I think Bale will be able to be effective vs Bayern.

14. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    does anyone have a wallpaper verison of that photo

15. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1140 trts, Apr 17, 2014
    Pretty reasonable statement, considering it's Mr. Grass.

I think he realizes his time is over as well. He's had a pretty good run and was always under-appreciated with Messi on the team. MLS, maybe?

ozil_express and temesgen repped this.
  16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1141 Eddie, Apr 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for my fellow DBZ fans:
    [​IMG]

4x4s, Tobias19, Sudžuka and 4 others repped this.
  17. ordinaryworld

ordinaryworld Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Will be awesome to see them retaining Martino for another season or two and see discontentment in their dressing room.

Chinky24 repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've never seen them like this before

[​IMG]

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  19. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That would be great, but I just don't see how they can keep him, particularly if the transfer ban isn't overturned. If they can't make changes to the squad, they can at least pretend Tata is to blame and fire him. I still think their lack of depth (particularly in the backline) and lack of pace are the main reasons. And then you have Messi who is barely trying.

20. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who knows, maybe Messi has a heart and wished Ronaldo and Madrid good luck in the CL. :) "Win it for Spain! Those Catalans are driving me crazy. I'm forced to wear that horrible away jersey." :D

libertao repped this.
  21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it's good team can rest on this weekend, but serious question - what's the reason RM aren't playing against Celta? all other teams are playing.

22. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We were given a choice to skip this week off to prepare for Bayern Munich. Atletico were given the same offer but declined suprisingly

23. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Very good observation, rather amusing , may be we are signing him as a LB this summer :D

24. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Florentino runs La Liga so we get the weekend off :) :D

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Prayer time lads, join in.

Almighty God, thank you for blessing us with the Ángel, the Welsh Dragon, and the Holy Post.

CivilProtection and meringues repped this.