AS Monaco thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by SportBoy333, Jul 29, 2006.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    StarrMatthieu repped this.
  2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    seriously.

Whats been of Isimat-Mirin?

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Better option than Abidal right now.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Oh so he's FINALLY starting?

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yes its time for Abidal to accept thats its over.

StarrMatthieu and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what he should do is play for MDA Chasselay. that would make 3 geezers that could still have a lot of fun in the CFA (giuly is prez, and govou is there now too).

it would be a kick to see more old gones there: malouda for example, to recreate that old left side tandem that was soooo awesome. little chance of that i think, because flo isn't lyonnais like the other three, he'll probably retire in guyane. but vercoutre is a real possibility, and rvr too once his gig at naples runs out.

7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #1235 SportBoy333, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    He doesnt want to leave but it seems he is being pushed out. My prediction is he stays and they just want Zidane to sell tickets. It might work but going after some big name Italian players is a better way to sell tickets and get Italians more interested in the team. There was a rumor the other day about Albert and Rybo not getting along and its probably BS just like the Zidane thing.

9. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Zidane would be really awesome, but he lacks coaching experience and if Monaco wants to sell tickets and shirts they need to start winning or reaching further in Int Tournaments.
    I saw this morning that rumor, also included Capello (who I think is one of the best options) Kloop, Villas Boas and Mancini (god No)

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Klopp isn't leaving, Capello is a defensive coach, but I think he would be the likeliest of candidates.. lol he would replace a fellow ex-Juve coach.

lol Villas Boas is a flop.. he has so much more learning to do before he becomes a big coach. lol @ Mancini.. might win u the league and thats it. Isn't he taking an Italian job next season.. like Napoli lol.

Zidane isn't coming to Monaco unless Ancelotti leaves Madrid. As long as Carlo is at Real, so will Zidane. His four kids are at Real and he just got his coaching license and will be eager to learn more from Carlo.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well in my opinion its not fair if Zidane is handed the Madrid job without working his way up managing a smaller club. Fellow World Cup winner Claude Makalele is a PSG assistant and there's no way hes ever gonna be handed the PSG job so if he wants to be head coach somewhere he needs to start at a smaller club as well.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Who said anything about handed the RM job? lol I'm just sayin it's no secret that Zidane is willing to stay at an assistant over being given a Monaco or any head coaching job, just to learn and gain further experience from a great coach like Carlo Ancelotti.

13. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I hope Monaco sign Stoppila Sunzu from Sochaux he's solid centreback play and has been great in set pieces. Jeison Murillo is a young Colombian n plays for Granada that just beat Barcelona. He's playing great and young enough to seem to only get better. I also hope Patrice Evra comes to Monaco. I'd also like if they could sign Santiago Arias from PSV. Good right back. Abel Aguilar from Toulouse would be a good addition he'll provide strong hustle and grit in midfield. David Ospina from Nice is a good goalkeeper. Ranieri makes this happen

SportBoy333 repped this.
  14. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Oh and add to that Juan Guillermo Caudrado before PSG get him

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    PSG doesn't want him.. "we" want Antoine Griezemann.

btw of all those players you named, I think none of them other than Evra realistically will join Monaco, Monaco will be looking for bigger names with more experience in CL or elite promising talent. Victor Valdes seems like he's going to join.. and there is still interest in Hulk. Their CB will not come from Ligue 1 sadly, it'll be a bigger name to pair up with an already "promising" player like Isimat-Mirin.

16. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I hope they do get hulk and evra would be great if they got some promising Ligue1 players too especially at CB

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol k barbaro, solo nombrastes jugadores Colombianos :ROFLMAO:

y Jackson Martinez o Balanta? :cool:

18. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    #1245 MiLo4891, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Jackson, why rather have reverie play more. Balanta would be great
    . But they can find good players from Ligue1. GMP, Sochaux, Evain have players that gave Mónaco trouble they should sign those. That does two things make the rivals weaker and themselves stronger

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Marseille sells Mandanda to us and they sign Ochoa. I could see that happening. We get Mandanda and ex Monegasque N'Koulou in a 2 pack.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Say bye bye to Ranieri. We lost to Guingamp in the Coupe de France semi final. I know the Coupe de France is known for being unpredictable but one game away from the final and to lose to a team thats like less than half your budget in unacceptable when the CdF was a realisitic goal.

21. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    If they hire anyone I hope it's Bielsa

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Uhh no he's going to Marseille, dude unless he changes his mind at the last minute.

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Zidane isn't available, he just said yesterday via Spanish radio that he plans on staying at Madrid unless Carlo is fired. Thats basically what everyone suspected.

Who does that leave??? I see Cholo Simeone's name being thrown around, but I see it real hard that he leaves Atletico Madrid.