Copa Libertadores 2014

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by nanoGVSP, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fuk el clasico! Our subs can take the strongest no problem! :D

2. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Fuego is singing drunkin hymes in front of the mexican embassy right now.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  3. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Doubt it. We should have maintained posession after dude got red carded. We just stopped playing. That or the subs seriously stunk.

Our defending is tons better then before, but is still leaking fundamentals at times. We need to improve defensively to get further.

4. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Man, I'm so drunk right now, you don't even know...

5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    At this point I would put all my money on Libertadores, I wouldn't risk my players in our league, at the very least I would rest half of them

Our team has improved A LOT! I believe we can do this, we gonna play way better than we did last time we met in La Paz

6. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    #156 MrNiloBraun, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    What about Strongest they have they're in the same situation with having Libertadores tomorrow, el clasico Sunday, and then another Lib game.

Leon will be nice and rested. They're leaving for Bolivia on Saturday night.

Liga, you done goofed, should have rescheduled the game like Claure requested.

edit: nvm just heard that Strongest doesn't play again until the 29th, lol, Bolivar got royally screwed, game today, game Sunday, game Tuesday :eek: I wouldn't risk guys like Arce/Callejon/Ferreira on Sunday. Tough call by bigoton.

7. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The league did screw up by not rescheduling the game. At this point I think both teams play with all subs, which Strongest has been doing anyway. Azkargorta has been mixing the team up, I hope he changes and goes with a B team for el Classico, it will be a though game with guys hitting hard and injuries are likely. I agree with Eber for this next game anyway. Once you pass to the next round you focus on the league again. Libertadores will stop for the World Cup, and re start again once it's over.

8. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We could have won this game! :D we are better than them in the fact that we play a better game as a team. I could blame the tie on the subs, cardozo shouldnt have gone in with the lead, and there should have been a change with the contenciones.

Ps...The Fox deportes guy Mauricio Cardenas is a real hater and salty. That guy needs to get real

dreyx2000 repped this.
  9. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh yeah and their tie up goal was a handball

dreyx2000 repped this.
  10. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Handball indeed, but impossible for the ref to see unfortunately... Hopefully the ref for the next game is argi and gives us a hand :rolleyes:

dreyx2000 repped this.
  11. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lol!
    It was hard to see.
    My favorite player was yecerotte based on his non stop attitude. The guy was going up and down the flank.
    The type of referee was going to benefit leon (he is okay with physicality), but instead of playing, they decided to complain and Bolivar put out more energy in the game

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They're mexican homers. What do you expect?

Funny to see Nilo' posting again. ;)

I saw the replays though--no hand ball sadly.

Our guys played their asses off, and really have made the most with their extranjeros. I was the most impressed with Callejon, who's control, vision, and that goal and ability to be calm on attack...man...class.

Capdevila, was awesome in his speed, ability to track back and take a professional foul, or defend, and trapping and distribution from the left wing, also awesome.

Yecoerotte (sp) was for me, our star on the right. His speed, defense, and heart helped. When he left, Lorgio came on, our level dropped on the right side. With him that goal from Boselli doesn't happen cause he would shut down that cross.

All our guys played well though. Arce with that nice goal and nice hold up play. A win would have been amazing agin...but I'll give them that tie. :)

dreyx2000 repped this.
  13. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    dem subs tho.......

Bigoton planned the game perfectly then damn near throws it all out the window with those subs. Takes out his best players Callejon/Arce/Yace who hold possession and cause all defenses headaches and inserts Rudy/Lorgio and Saavedra......plop

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Neither were a huge drop off in talent....except Lorgio.

That guy was at fault for the goal. Savedra looked good for the bit he was in, earning that FK and keepng calm on the left.

Rudy had no time to do any bad/good. Disagree there.

15. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yacerote is like Flores, all heart! Hopefully our youngest learn from them

16. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yacerote ended up injured tho, the sub was obligatory... And with Rodriguez and Moya injured Alvarez was only one left!

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope it isn't too bad. That knock at his lower back looked like it hurt.

My point was that the worst sub was that one--even though it was one that had to be done.

18. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Let's correct something. The players that came off were Eguino, Callejon and Arce. The players that came on were Alvarez, Saavedra and Cardozo. Yecerotte played the full 90, just to be clear.
    Yecerotte was hit a couple times, but he did not get injured. Eguino, one of the 3 centrales, got subbed to refresh the backline. Eguino too played a hell of a match, tackling for the ball at all the right times. He's the reason Boselli could not turn once in the game.

19. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    oh shit, you're right lol, even more so then because Alvarez is no CB

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn..I didn't even notice! I guess with how he disappeared shortly after his injury..it was like he wasn't even playing anymore! :(

I really like Yocerrote(sp) though. He's a great RB. Hopefully Moya's back in time if he can't play next game.

21. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Did any of you guys notice if Flores was the one that Azkargorta wanted to sub off, but he refused a couple of times?
    The Fox commentators said that Flores did not want to come off, so Azkargorta listens to him, takes Arce out, and Bolivar gives up the second. They mentioned that sometimes a coach should listen to his players, but that this time he should have came out.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I didnt' notice that. I am going to rewatch the last 20mins tonight. I was dozing of a bit while watching as I watched the match late last night lol.

23. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think that second goal was on Alvarez, Quiñones, and Gutierrez tho, I don't recall Flores having anything to do with that

24. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We lost the ball in the middle and it led to the tie up. Someone in the middle needed to be subbed. But whats done is done. Were going to handle

And fuego, that looked like a handball clearly even.if he didnt stretch his arm out there would have been no goal. It was the intent. The ball hit more arm than chest

dreyx2000 repped this.
  25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    From the replay's it looked to me that it was just with teh chest...but I thought Yocerotte went out during a sub towards the end so I am probably wrong! :p