Blog Picture on Front Page

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Twenty26Six, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Bill Archer's blog, and I like this post, bc he supports the campaign for Hillsborough justice (whilst also blasting a certain ignorant Chelsea supporter). But, is there a need to have _that_ picture plastered in the beginning of his blog and on the front page? ****. That's really tough to look at, and I think there are other ways to get the message across without showing that.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/soccer/bill-archer/2014/04/16/stuff-im-not-writing-about/

@Bill Archer
    @dark knight
    @el-capitano
    @AndSomeAreAngels

I've tagged Bill and the other LFC mods, bc maybe I'm just being overly emotional, and I welcome debate on this.

2. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm not sure if its a big year where everything has gotten ramped up, but it is a tough one to look at. I'm not sure I'm in the right position to comment, as I'm not at arm's length.

@poopoobigelow ?

Twenty26Six repped this.
  3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3 Bill Archer, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    I've been writing for BigSoccer since 2008 and in that time I have only changed something in a post because of an objection twice.

Today makes three.

I did not post that picture lightly, but rather after long and serious consideration.

I believe that for too long American fans have been fed the official lies about this incident without having to face the very real human cost of what happened. I thought, and still feel, that people need to face the stark reality, however horrific it may be.

And while I am still not certain that it did not serve a useful purpose, I've changed the graphic.

Bill

Twenty26Six and el-capitano repped this.