U18 April camp

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Clint Eastwood, Mar 18, 2014.

1. arreola

arreola Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    No the same. But the lesson here is just dont commit to this nonsense. Be free. I am actually at Dallas Cup and its great to be free! Many many more people are waking up to these facts. Academy offer really little for all the restrictions they impose and not to mention insane costs. College placement? That system was never broken for Academy to fix and its quite laughable that its all they can promote. Just a thought.

2. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Or play along side them. Welcome to life.

3. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I'll agree with you on this point. It would seem DA can do a better job of some flexability. But you have to admit that we can't have every player making up their own schedules while already commited to a team. I know of examples of players playing games outside DA then returning to their DA. I also know of some teams being sticklers. Its just not one way. Didn't Stephen Payne play HS ball with your son and play for Magic. ?

4. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    To add to this, it bears remembering that we aren't talking about the tax code here, where firm rules are needed to keep everyone in line. When players work hard to improve and when coaches work hard to help them improve, it isn't because the rules have forced anyone to do it. It's because they want to. It's a case where the carrot works and the stick fails.

headerdunce repped this.
  5. headerdunce

headerdunce Member

Dec 19, 2005
    If a player and his Academy coach believe that it's in the best interests of the player to play for another team for part of the season, then they should be allowed to make that soccer decision based on their personal, local knowledge of the player's needs and the Academy team's needs. Why do professional teams loan players to other clubs? They do it because it's in the best interests of the club or the player or both. If a youth Academy coach determines that a player and the team would benefit from the player guesting for another team, or from playing a few weeks for his high school team, then the player and coach should be allowed to make that soccer decision. Micromanaging from Chicago does not lead to better players in socal.

6. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I agree. I know of situations that teams allow this and others that don't. To act that it impacts significant # of players is misleading. You mention one player from one team. While on one hand he still gets games with his home team he may get an slight incremental benefit from being a guest player. DA can get better at this fact but in no way negates the overall benefits it provides. The DA needs improving.

7. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You don't have to pay for your son to play soccer?
    The system wasn't broken.?The trophy ball kick it long culture of 5 games over a 3 day weekend was prevalent and is much improved.

8. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
  9. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #109 USAMEX10, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Wow for a kid that just signed a HG contract Glad had a bad game judging from the highlights... US full backs needed to get more physical mexicos wingers. And US' goalie wasn't that good either. Might have been Klinsi Jr... Well at least they can learn from this

Maitreya repped this.
  10. arreola

arreola Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    Life is full of options. Good to be informed for better choices.

11. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You just can't try to kick a ball then fall on your butt on the side of the goal. They sat back instead of manning up any Mexican forwards.

12. arreola

arreola Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    Of course you cant have players making own schedules. But that is hardly the reason for prohibitions imposed and Inthink you know that. Yes he did.

13. arreola

arreola Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    In line with what? I agree that if people sign up for it then they should follow rules. I just dont think they are fully informed of what they are signing up for. I try to help.

14. arreola

arreola Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    Come on dude. We both know that most clubs dont allow players to play for others in a big tourney because of selfish reasons that have nothing to do with what is best for the player. Bigest reason is money. A player like Stephen is "allowed" to play for his school because if made to choose there is little question what he would pick as priority. School. A top boarding school, by the way. We both know that if Academy had any leverage they would use it in this case.

15. arreola

arreola Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    I dont. Why you ask? The college player system was not broken. Yep, thats what I said. Absolutely no need for Academy to help or improve that department. Academy solved or improved the style of play of Usa soccer ??? Really?? How???

16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I would like to find a way for more players to be able 'not to pay' and would be interested how your son plays club ball without paying and figure out a way to transport some of those ideas to the DA.

17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The RB looked awful. The whole back line looked slow. They were missing the two star CB's though. I think the GK was Herrera, not JK. The skill from Akale to draw the penalty was really impressive and Saucedo's goal was a great individual effort.

I'm judging all of this from a USSoccer.com video so take it with a grain of salt. I didn't watch the game.

18. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I looked at the game line up couple pages back and JT Marcinowski started and Klinsmann subbed 61' for him... Herrera didn't play. Klinsi jr. Seems Mediocre at best. Many people don't seem to high on him

19. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't know why, but I can't seem to ever remember that Marcinowski is a '97. I thought he was a '96. Marcinowski has never impressed me in games or highlights. I think I've watched him once and have seen him in a bunch of highlights, I don't know if he is just the best of a bad '97 crop of keepers or if I've just seen the worst of him. You are right about Jonathan Klinsmann. I'm sure he's not awful because a player who is way out of his depth at this level wouldn't be called up, but there are probably better options.

soccersubjectively and USAMEX10 repped this.
  20. arreola

arreola Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    You have to be good so you dont have to pay and also be smart and negotiate. For the good player I reccomend join a small to medium sized club team thats good but that needs you as a go to player. If you pay negotiate a 1/2 price deal if fees are more than $1000 a year for more than 3 seasons. Move to a better team under same or better circumstances every chance you get. Play for 2 teams as well at least to secure 4 practices 2 games a week. At 14
    You seem to be involved in Academy at a high enough level. Why not just play locally within a 4 hour driving distance, have ussf scouts scout maybe 4-6 of these zones and pick 1-2 Regional teams with expenses paid for by all the money saved now that hotels, airfare is not needed, then do same for national event where only the very best players attend. You do this 3-4 times a year. Tourney style. Aside from national camps. For the very few clubs that need to absoluely travel farther to compete you make an exception. Less expense for Academies. More room for scholarships. More top players making it through.

21. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You two should create a thread and iron out your differences. Thought this was a U18 April camp thread.

Tom Collingsworth and derek750 repped this.
  22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It's been a great month for our U18s!!

Yomba to Atletico, Novakovich to Reading, Glad to RSL, and now Akale to Villarreal!!!

Who's next? My guess would be Sebastian Saucedo. I was very impressed with his work at the Generation Adidas Cup with RSL.

23. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Herrera is 6'6". You would know if it was him.

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    cam lindley™ @camlindleyUSA · 20h
    Proud to say that I have committed to play soccer at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill !! #GOHEELS #2k16