2014 Dallas Cup Results and Discussion

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sup Bro, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Some pics from the Dallas Cup:

[​IMG]

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  2. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  3. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It won't be our final game, if we win or tie.

4. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. Ojogador91

Ojogador91 New Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  6. Brown Shark

Brown Shark Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Upstate NY
    I'm pretty sure this is the lineup: Lopez, Spencer, Rubin, Arriola, Allen, Gooch, Requejo, Amick, Mizaga, Moore, Steffen.

EDIT: from us soccer twitter

U.S. Soccer YNT ‏@ussoccer_ynt 9m
    U-20 MNT to kick off vs. Tigres: Starters: Steffen; Moore, Miazga, Amick, Requejo Jr, Gooch, Arriola (capt.), Allen, Lopez, Rubin, Spencer

Tom Collingsworth and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Literally like 6 forwards... very attacking minded. Idek who's partnering Gooch as CM? Allen?

8. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Lopez is playing top of the diamond. Allen and Arriola on either side

9. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know very little about most of these players and can't watch because I don't have TWC, but the front 6 all have reputations as attackers. I've heard of Allen playing some RB, but there doesn't seem to be anyone with any bite in the middle. I wonder how the spine will hold up.

10. Brown Shark

Brown Shark Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Upstate NY
    Rubin just scored in the 45th minute. 1-0. Nice left footed finish. Shaq Moore put a really nice ball into space that Rubin ran onto. Cut inside to the left, did a hesitation move and put it away in the corner.

Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  11. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    can someone record the stream with fraps?

12. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't able to get the TWC stream to work.

Disregard that, working now for me.

13. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been impressed with Rubin. Spencer, Gooch, and Arriola played well. Talent on the field for the US for sure.

14. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Tigres kinda dominating possession in first half but US just doesn't seem to be playing as a team. Understandable in some sense. Miazga is long and lean and good feet. Amick combines bad footwork with slow footwork. Requieo is limited. Allen is playing much better. Quick tempo using one touch. A few really nice crosses. Spencer is just good. Mobile good feet. You can see the skill of Arriola but he's not in sink with quick passes. Rubin's good goal but needs to combine a little better. Lopez has good skill just long lanky and slow movement. For some reason Gooch doesn't do it for me. Overall I like this team's depth particularly since Acosta, Delgado, Green, Redding, Palmer Brown, Flores, Novakovich, Yomba, Canouse, Hyndman, Green, Arriola, Soñora, Arce Jr, are all options too who have not played in this game.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jordan Allen... I've seen very little of this guy but it hasn't been good.

16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    His first game vs River was poor. His first half vs Tigres was very good. Nice speed, crossing, one touch passing. Don't know why you would say that for this game. Definately poor vs River though.

17. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought the midfield lost its shape in 2nd half. Better team might have countered and scored. Some silly turnovers that Tigres didn't capitalize on.

18. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's my bad I didn't clarify which I should have. I was only able to see 2nd half, I missed the 1st half of tonight's game. My apologies.

19. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ends 1-0

Winoman repped this.
  20. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Wasn't able to watch the game. MOTM for U.S.?

21. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    US dominated Tigres in second half but just didn't score that knockout. Alot of good players just not alot of standouts in this game. Arriola is good but just makes a few too many mistakes to be considered great. Miazga, Spencer, and Arriola were the best. Gall stands around like he's a superstar but then always loses the ball and stands there and jogs.
    No second half subs stood out. Moreno had a few flashes. Moore is growing on me. Combine the best from this team with the best not here and we're pretty good. I like Pfeffer but toward the end just made too many mistakes.

Tom Collingsworth, Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  22. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    No problems. He didn't have a terrible 2nd half. Definately more mistakes in 2nd then 1st. Hope you don't think his early exit meant he was getting pulled and was bad. With so many games in so many days the 6 subs is to encourange squad rotation. I think that had something to do with it. After a good first half and a pretty good sub in Gall I think Ramos wanted to rest Allen for friday.

Winoman repped this.
  23. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Alot of solid performances. None really stood out. I know many won't agree with me but Miazga controlled the D not alot of Tigres danger and moved the ball well would be my MOTM. Too much defense for Spencer to be MOTM but he will one day play for full team. Everything you want in a 9. Arriola has best upside but was just off tonight not by much but you can just see his strength, power and skill at certain points.

dwsmith1972 repped this.
  24. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Little Pauly, strength? :)

25. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    How was Rubio aside from goal? I think he played FW his preferred position rather than wing this time.