World Cup Travel- Natal and Recife

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by ceezmad, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Cynthia Cortes

Cynthia Cortes New Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    BMFutbol16 me and my boyfriend are thinking about renting a car to drive from Natal to Fortaleza right after the USA vs Ghana game. How are you making the trip to Fortaleza?? We are looking for people that can ride with us.

2. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. Not sure yet, are you going to be Driving back to Natal? We were planning on leaving soon after the game. I've seen flights here and there, I also saw there was a bus that leaves on the 17th @0500 for about $40. Would have had it figured out by now but we haven't found tickets to the game. If we do manage to get them we are in for sure.

3. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    no, since we are getting there a few days early i am just going to get some bus tickets the day i get there. I have seen some conversations on here where people said that would work.

4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    My bad, was looking at it on a different day and different city. My bad..

5. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I looked at this and think it is a bad idea. Apparently the road isn't that safe. I tried to book a local driver and he wants R$1200 one way but only going early the following morning. It is an 8 hour drive to Fortaleza. Natal to Recife is much easier.

There is an overnight bus at 11pm - unfortunately the sleeper bus (leito) leaves at 9.15pm. It might be delayed for the WC but can't find anything to confirm that. There is also an expensive Gol flight early am on the 17th. Tam kindly cancelled mine.

In the end I've decided to skip the USA v Ghana game. I'm paying for 4 flights and would only do the boneshaker bus on my own - not fair on kids.

Cynthia Cortes repped this.
  6. 2xpetes

2xpetes New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I .need a lift after Greece Japan game to Recife

7. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pis
    I posted on this in the US FANS Natal site.
    Basically special shuttle bus lines from the principal tourist areas. Details forthcoming.

8. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Hey guys I have one CAT2 Japan-Greece ticket in Natal that I am trying to get rid of... wont let me put it in the resale portal since I got them in an early phase and they are being printed to get shipped to me.... I am selling the ticket for below the $135 face value...

9. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Anybody have any idea of how I may be able to go about hiring a driver from Pipa to Recife???

Is it even worth it? I think I read somewhere that there are no buses from Pipa, that I would need to go to this neighboring city.. I forget the name, something that starts with a "G" ... I rather skip that and just leave straight from Pipa if the price is right....

10. klopez41

klopez41 Member

Mar 4, 2014
    NJ
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hello everyone,

I have 1 extra ticket to the USA vs. Ghana match in Natal. It is Category 3. If you or anyone you know need 1 ticket please PM me. You will be sitting with me, my gf, and dad.

11. Tripleblack

Tripleblack New Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    For those of you looking to get from Recife to Natal you can check flights with Azul Airlines. My friends and I will be arriving in Recife but need to get to Natal for the Mex-Cam game. We looked into the buses and they are approximately $35-$40 and you can't book them from outside of Brazil if you don't have that Brazilian ID number. The car rental companies charge a large fee to turn the vehicle in in another city which also makes that a bust. I booked my flight on Azul for about $70. It's only a little more than the bus and it's a direct flight!

12. Cynthia Cortes

Cynthia Cortes New Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

May you please advise how you located this local driver? Thinking we could split the cost between four people (if I can find two more and if he has enough room in his car) . I am willing to pay that. I've heard a lot about the uncertainty on the roads, but I'm thinking if we get a head start that night and finish the drive the following day, but I have to look if there is a town in between.

13. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm going to the Recife Ro16 game (29th June) and Fortaleza QF game(4th July), so I thought it would be a good idea to go from Recife to Fortaleza via Natal. The way my dates work out it will cost me a total of US$400 to fly from Recife->Natal then Natal->Fortaleza a few days later.

Is going by bus my best option? Seeing as I'm not going to Natal for a match, I'm not willing to pay exorbitant flight costs

14. Daniel Knickelbein

Feb 24, 2014
    @Stu_Lee I am also trying to figure out how to get from Pipa to Recife. Right now it seems like the easiest way is to take the bus from Pipa to Natal and then another bus from Natal to Recife. Just my impression

15. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Actually I just figured it out.. ..... you have to go to the nearby town of Goianinha... about 25-40 minutes away......they have buses there that go to Recife

16. eovalle

eovalle Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Massachusetts
    55 days! Trying to finalize our plans. I have 2x Cat1 tix to Italy vs Costa Rica on June20 and 2x Cat3 tix to Mexico vs Croatia on June23 in Recife. Looking to trade or sell. I need a place to crash in or around Recife on June 22 and a way to get from Recife to Natal on June23 after the Mexico vs Croatia game. There are two of us.

17. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well TAM just screwed me over... they cancelled my ticket and weren't willing to put me on a different flight within 2 days b/c i was in a different booking code... knew the deal was too good to be true.

Now I just booked an award ticket on AA to get to Recife on the 12th. Need to get to Natal that day... any ideas? I think a bus is most likely.

18. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I can pm you his details. He will take 4 as we are a group of 4. However he was not willing to drive through the night and wanted to leave early am on the 17th.
    you may want to look at Azul flights - see www.decolar.com - the bus is probably cheaper but given that you will already be in Recife airport it will be easier to fly. There is a very early am flight on the 13th so suitable no matter how late you arrive on the 12th.

19. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh, I get into Recife at like 840AM No idea how quick I could get to that flight to Natal. And waiting until the next morning does not appeal to me.... if its late I could miss the game. bus does not seem that bad.

20. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ef it, flight gets in at 820... I have 2 hours to get through Brazilian customs in recife, for a 1015 flight to natal. its only $66... willing to risk it for that.

21. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    there are loads of options 12.30am on the 13th was the one if you were arriving late at night. The European flights arrive late.

22. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    would love to meet up with all of you to give quick whats up at the airport at least. I will be wearing a green mexico 2014 jersey with the name "hermoso peralta" in the back of the jersey. haha. i am scheduled to land in natal june 12th at 11:15 a.m. ........also i hear mexico National team lands june 12th in natal, dont know what time.. its gonna be soo cool to run into familiar faces of the press and HOPEFULLY catch an autograph from the players as well lol

23. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Any of you going to the Costa Rica match??

24. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    against Italy? yepppppp

25. mvb2014

mvb2014 New Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hello,

Anyone staying for the second round game in Recife on une 29th (game 52) 1D vs 2C?
    I have 5 extra single tickets - Cat 1 -selling at face. I will be at the game as well.

Let me know -Thanks.