The Porto Fans Only Thread [R]

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Portoholic, May 29, 2005.

1. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    I'm afraid to say but Fernando is as good as gone next eay.
    I just don't see him staying.

2. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Maybe but he was suppose to leave 2 years ago, then last year and he is still here. I don't think clubs are willing to pay top dollar for Fernando. He needs a more catchy name like Fernandizinho.

Since we are rebuilding, sell off all the valuable players and let the scouts raid south america again....

3. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    Fernando wants to leave and correct me if I'm wrong but he signed an extension based on the promise that he would sold at the end of the year.

BTW...did you hear that sound.....THUMP.

I believe we hit rock bottom.

4. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    We didn't hit rock bottom yet, still another Benfica game to hit rock bottom :(

5. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    You guys will win that last game. Well this year was a lesson for the over confidant PDC. His assessment of his players talent was way off. His assessment of the strength of Benfica and Sporting this year was also way off. Porto will make the necessary adjustments in the summer and will come back strong next year. I have no doubt. PDC had an amazing run but I wonder if his judgment is no longer where it needs to be. No one lasts for ever, I wonder when he will step aside.

6. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    He isn't done just yet. Our selling policy bites us in the ass every 4 years. This was one of those years. PDC must of thought Lica or Josue could step in for Moutinho :confused: Then we ship off Lucho mid season. Another weird decision.

He also handled the Vitor Pereira situation poorly and brought in a rookie coach when Porto didn't have a good team. This was a disaster waiting to happen. We could all see it except for PDC I guess.

I don't think we will be back next year. Too much damage to repair and we will sell more players so not sure how we can remain competitive next year. I guess he will raid South America again and hope for the best.

JJ will continue with the Benfica demolition machine so I can see benfica owning again next year. Sporting will have to sell some players so we have a shot at 2nd.

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Now reports that Porto are close to signing Manuel Fernandes.

8. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Honestly, I think PDC is past it. Whether it's senility or not really giving a shit anymore, I saw since AVB left he's cared less and less. I couldn't believe he kept VP so long, as I'm sure he knew full fell that he was not a top quality coach, particularly with what he did in Europe. Frankly, I see Benfica on top for a while.

9. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yeah, maybe PDC is losing his touch but he won't retire like this. He will go out on top. I would give his consiglieri Reinaldo Teles more power with the team.

10. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Doubt that, and trust me, despite being a Benfiquista, I have a soft spot for PDC. Dude is an animal, a true man. But LFV has worked things out well, I'll give him that. He has a great understanding of the business side and is slowly getting the feel for the sporting side of things. I see Benfica on top for a while, but of course, can never count out Porto. I'd rather they be strong as usual TBH, better for the league and Benfica in the long run.

11. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Any Portista's still around?

12. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yes right here!

13. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    How goes it my fellow Portista?

14. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Where is everyone? Don't we have Portista's here? I'm well, yourself? Which part of the world do you live in?

15. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    There used to be a few of us here then they all vanished like PDC's influence.

LGRod repped this.
  16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    **Cricket** They probably all left to the South American forum cuz that's all FC Puerto employs.

LGRod repped this.
  17. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What's the deal with Quintero these days? seems like he only comes off the bench. is it performance related? off-field antics? not a fit in the formation?

appreciate the feedback!

LGRod repped this.
  18. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    This is an FC Porto fans only thread fancy seeing a fan from the third placed team here.

19. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    USA. Yourself?

20. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Australia. Love it how there are Portuguese people everywhere in the world. Exploring is in our blood.

21. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Where abouts in Australia? Sydney? Melbourne?

22. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Sydney. Where are you in the States?

23. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Massachusetts. Did you attend the Festival Saturday for AVB Radio show?

24. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    What festival?

25. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    A State Of Trance. You surely heard about it.