Pokemon

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Sal, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Titanfall for the Xbox One, The Wolf Among Us (available on nearly every ssytem) and Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on the 3DS.

2. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who was your favorite Pokemon Charizard
    What was your favorite Pokemon ruby
    What was the best generation of Pokemon in your the first ones
    Did you watch the Anime on tv at all? yes up until the orange islands after that not to much if at all.
    What starter did you usually pick when playing the game (Grass, Fire, Water) fire
    And other information you would like to provide about Pokemon. ive never caught all of them and i didnt beat the previous game that came out before the one that is out right now....my liking for it has gone dry with age... I collected the cards and hopefully one day they are worth something...

3. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    :eek: I must have been drunk or unconscious I left off Squirtle from this list:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

os_mutante repped this.
  4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The demo for Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire comes out tomorrow in the US. Apparently you'll be able to bring over one of the characters from in the game as well as get other prizes depending on how often you play the demo.

5. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What about Blastoise? It got a mega evolution in X and Y.

Can not wait for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Not really clued in with my Greek alphabet but I always thought Alpha was the first letter and Omega the last? Should it not be Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire?

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Alpha is the first letter and Omega is the last. No clue why they're doing it as they are.

I'm also looking forward to ORAS, I've never caught all of the ones in Y through breeding/trading/evolving/catching, etc. My goal is to get all of them before ORAS comes out.

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your wife into this stuff to Dante ?

8. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only thing I can tell is that the mascots got their respective letter on their arms.

Saw the latest trailer the other day and you can now fly on Pokemon and land anywhere on the map. Even says you can meet legendary Pokemon in the sky. Way better than the animation when your pokemon turns into a bird and flys to a Pokemon centre.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, the most gaming she does is play Candy Crush on her iPad.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word is that between X/Y and ORAS you'll be able to capture every Legendary released to date.

11. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What about the legendaries that are not normally available in any games like Mew, Celebi(actually forget Celebi since I got one from the Poke Bank), Jiraachi, Deoxys, Shaymin etc etc?

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That wasn't mentioned, and it was brought up to them on various social media sites and they never replied to the questions.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my beta code for ORAS today, looking forward to playing it tonight.

14. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I completed my Pokedex without them on Diamond so I think they are just trophy Pokemon really. Would be nice to get them though.

I used the Mega Blaziken in X and it was uber powerful with its attack power and the fact that it gets faster and faster with Speed Boost. I do not think the other two starters are in the same league of strength that Blaziken had.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started playing just in X and am trying to complete the Kalos pokedex, it can get challenging. I've been grinding away by breeding, trading, evolving them to put them in the Bank. I've amassed a few Legendaries along the way, I was shocked when someone sent me a Zygarde and a Xereas in Wonder Trades. I just need more friends so I can access from Safari's, that might help.

I think X/Y will have one more Legendary to offer.

16. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There were three Pokemon that have in game data in X and Y but were not catachable and one of them was Dancie which will be available in ORAS. The other two was Volcanion which is a Fire/Water type and Hoopa which is a Ghost/Psychic type. Both of them are reportedly only available in events.

Typically the spin-offs and remakes do not offer new pokemon but usually new forms of existing pokemon. In an interview the producer said that you will be able to complete your Pokedex if you have X and Y and ORAS without trades.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw all the Mega Evolutions they've announced, seems like there will be a lot of them.

Glad to hear that I'll be able to complete my pokedex then.

Anyone here play the online version of TCG? I downloaded that for my iPad and have been playing that as well.

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what is tcg ?

19. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Trading Card Game.

Dante and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK so I played the ORAS demo last night. Not exactly what I was expecting. I know it's a remake of an older game, but I'm not a big fan of the way the second screen looks, i.e. the bag, pokemon list, when you're in a battle where it says fight, bag, run, pokemon, etc. I like the way it looks in X/Y much better.

So I beat the demo, (it's pretty short) but read you should go back and play it every day since you can collect new things and receive rewards. The Glalie that you catch at the end, it says you can transfer it into the full game.

21. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is the demo available in the Nintendo shop on the DS?

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    General Disarray repped this.
  23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This post needed a nostalgia alert.

Sal repped this.
  24. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What new things do you get? I unlocked a different area and some Gym Leaders appeared in Mossdeep City. That is all I got. I tested out the Mega Evolutions for the starters and Mega Sceptile was the worst by far. Mega Blaziken was the best one again but that was because its ability is super strong.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've played through it five times now, all the other play throughs are really short, shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes, maybe less. A play through can consist of flying to some island to find a lost pokemon, you battle two people and find the pokemon.

You're then rewarded with items you can bring into the full game, so far I earned 10 pokeballs, 10 heal balls and one other TM.