Scorpyn's Scanner 2014

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Scorpyn78, Feb 25, 2014.

1. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    They are called trainers. And apart from Adidas Samba, what else do you need?

2. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I collect Jordans..... They have select few come out every other month. The December editions are my favorites help me out if you can lol

All I'm saying in regards to these apps is that eventually it will get into the hand of touts unfortunately. The more apps out there in the wrong hands the more chances these touts have to take advantage of those without tickets

3. RavenD

RavenD Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Don't be naive. You can be sure that the professional touts already have such tools. We only get back to their level ;)

4. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    I dont think I have any misconception, assuming it works in a similar way to 2010.
    My question was....are you using the app, not how does it work

5. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    You are missing my point..... Apps like these graduate amateur touts into professional touts lol

6. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Well wasnt your question in reference to him still not being into the system, so yes Im guessing he is using the app but it doesnt help if he cant even login to the ticketing account.

7. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was one of the ones who chose who gets it. So yes, Probably yes. lol

8. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Actually my question was to tease out of someone that the app is being used.
    Someone else posted a question earlier on, asking if anyone is using the app, and I don't recall anyone saying they are.
    So.........nows your chance folks....who is using the app?

9. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I am currently using the other app posted, but it doesnt put them in your cart automatically yet.

10. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Are you referring to the "lite" version?

11. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    no, the Royial scanner, i think he is working on making it add the tickets to your cart right now.

12. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Mate I'm in my mid-50's if it's not comfortable I'm not wearing it!!

Q. Are you really going to wear that? (17-year old Isabelle).
    A. Yes (old fart Dad).

13. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    a little off topic but was your profile pic from the game when Dempsey scored the wondergoal to send you guys on in the europa?

14. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    The App isn't of any use yet. It wasn't of any use yesterday. It will only be usefull when Fifa start releasing tickets that have been returned for any reason.
    So no it's not being used to any effect as yet.

15. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    It is indeed. I wasn't there. I was at SXSW and spent hundreds streaming it to my iPhone in a car park on South Congress in Austin watching some of the worst death metal bands I have ever seen. Went completely and utterly mental went Clint's goal went in. Was the only home game that I missed in that run.

16. Mumoz

Mumoz New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    I have been scanning the availability of tickets quite frequently, and there are some games for which there are games appearing and then disappearing. I have in fact added some of these games to the cart just to check. I think Fifa are already releasing tickets ... but I had seen very few of the high demand tickets, but this could be either because Fifa are holding these tickets or, which is also very likely, people are not returning those, or they are snatched very very quickly.

17. sats

sats Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Just saw Salvadore quarter appear

18. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    i thought tickets are released as people return them, like a slow trickle of matches. i have seen tickets coming and going as well.

19. SKULL_XD

SKULL_XD Member

Where can i obtain this app?

20. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Lets not forget that we're only 2 days into the last minute sales phase. Those who return high demand tickets still have 2 months to do so. And FIFA have shown that they're disorganised, so any tickets they release will probably be much closer to the WC.

21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Where do you get hold of this scanner!?

Edit: Nevermind.

22. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    So to get back to the donation subject...... would you guys prefer if we donated toys (including footballs of corse) or tickets?

23. semi_vest

semi_vest Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #1098 semi_vest, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Both?? :)
    Nah being serious I think if we can get some tickets for some kids would be great. Does present many challenges which have been discussed previously... the ball idea would be easier? individuals or small groups could easily organise bringing over a bunch of flat footballs and a pump (a few each in our backpacks?), and drop them off at a charity or school in any town you're staying in??

scooterz repped this.
  24. scooterz

scooterz Member

Mar 12, 2014
    I think both would be fine, though tickets are definitely more challenging. If we plan to donate tickets, it might be worthwhile phoning Fifa to see if a large block of tickets can be purchased together for a low-demand game so that the organization we donate them to could send quite a few children/families.

Regarding non-ticket items, I'm a big fan of the One World Football. It's an extremely durable soccer ball built to withstand many years of street-soccer. I've ordered a number of these to bring with me to Brazil, and group rates are available if buying in bulk for the purpose of donating them. Info on the ball is available here: http://www.oneworldfutbol.com

25. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    imo the problem with tickets is that we would have to get many tickets because if even only hald the kids of a place could go that would be very discuraging and disappointing for the other half :/ but like i said on monday i will try to figure things out until saturday and set the account up that day as well and another problem is that i am not in any city where there are still tickets avaiable in big numbers (before the game anyways) :/

scooterz repped this.