The Canaries vs Liverpool FC - EPL - April 20 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Wingtips1, Apr 14, 2014.

1. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try living in Hawai'i and being a fanatic... ;)

Been and done. :)

usscouse and el-capitano repped this.
  2. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't know...living in Hawaii certainly sounds pretty good...We visited there a few years back and one of the first people I encountered was a guy in one of the old yellow away jerseys...kinda fun to shoot the breeze for a few minutes with him...what is Hawaii? two hours time difference from the west coast?

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, they get a "Saturday night" fixture right after the bars close.

I'll be in NOLA for my brother's bachelor party so I'll be up at 6:00 am and probably drunk.

Twenty26Six repped this.
  4. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right why go to sleep!

5. hoffa989

hoffa989 Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Chelsea are struggling away. I'm not counting on a certain win, but they do have to travel to Calderon 5 days before our match. Both them and City have a minimum of 6 games to play in less than a month. I don't know if Toure is out for a long time?
    Hopefully we can see City screwing up as soon as today, Sunderland have 6 points from current top 4 teams, if they snatch a draw, that virtual +2 points would be a massive relief for Chelsea match for us. And I believe that City can't take more than 1 point home from Merseyside in 2014.

6. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Latest on Sturridge:

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rest him, please. Pray to the Gods that Suarez will have another epic performance against his favorite opponent.

8. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We had plenty of firepower with a front 3 of Suarez, Sterling, and Cout when Danny was out. Rest Sturridge so that he's fit for Chelsea, no need to risk him vs Norwich and then have him aggravate the strain and lose him for the rest of the season.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  9. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We'll also be without "the Runner" ... so if we rest Studge do we go with Señor, Raheem and Cout up front, SG, Allen and Lucas in the mid?

It will be interesting to see what BR does...

10. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rest Sturridge, please.

11. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    You should have told her to go and get a ticket......

"A ticket for the match is being sold on one site for a staggering £1,187.50. The seat in the lower tier of Centenary Stand would normally cost £52.
    Meanwhile, a pair of seats in the Kop are being sold on livefootballtickets.com for £1,092.50. A description that comes with the tickets promises: "Hear 'You'll Never Walk Alone' from the heart of the Kop spine tingling once in a lifetime moment for any fan". A season ticket in the stand behind the goal costs £710."

hubbabubba repped this.
  12. hoffa989

hoffa989 Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I'd like to take a moment to reflect on my words of wisdom.

13. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly.

Walk on...

14. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or perhaps Moses, Luis and Raheem with Phil, Allen and SG.

B.A. repped this.
  15. AnyLuckForEngland?

Jul 10, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't get complacent now boys. Would have been nice if Sunderland's keeper hadn't had that late howler but dropped points are dropped points.

16. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, saw your earlier post on that and was... agog

usscouse repped this.
  17. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Just looked at Norwich's run in...I think they're going down...

18. hoffa989

hoffa989 Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I like it better this way. They lost two points, if they were to lose three then we could lose one match and still be ahead. But then Chelsea could be on top. This way we get a breather, but it still doesn't put as in the "we can afford to lose" mentality.
    Norwich could be a problem though. They're not in the clear yet, and they have us, Mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal to play, they need to pick up their game and points as fast as possible. Our mind is set on Chelsea, no matter what players and Brendan say, I'm willing to bet that Chelsea occupies at least a thrid of their thoughts, since in this position (if we beat Norwich), that game pretty much decides the title for sure. I say screw the goal difference in this one, Hendo is missing, Sturridge probably too, Suarez is gonna be closed early and at all times.
    On the other side, we're far beyond being a one man team, and even if Suarez doesn't score at all, he can do wonders in this match by creating holes in the Norwich defense.

19. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disagree - all I need to do is rewatch Stevie's post match huddle and speech to know they are focused on Norwich.

20. hoffa989

hoffa989 Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I didn't say that all of their focus is on Chelsea, but that one being an almost certain match which will decide the league, you can't expect them to totally forget about it, it's just not in the human nature. You can't blame them for it, but you need to expect it.

21. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    Damn it I am so happy with where we are at the moment. Beautiful football, an ever improving team, team spirit, and the positive vibes from all LFC fans and neutrals.
    Come on LFC our destiny is in our own hands!

22. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Stevie will make sure this never rears it's head this for the final 4.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  23. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Pellegrini admitted this was the case for citeh yesterday. I've really become a soothsayer these last ten weeks...:D

Twenty26Six repped this.
  24. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ok everybody - part of this enduring run is 'tips prediction time. I know you've all been waiting for it with baited breath. Drum roll, please.....................

Luis (14th minute), Allen (22nd minute), Van Wolfswinkel breaks his duck (53rd) and sends our pulses soaring, Luis calms the nerves (71st) and away we go. 3-1, to the good.

25. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have to go all out. No resting players no looking to play cagey and control the midfield. Score as many as we can and let the canaries fall where they may. No perception no idea that we are "saving" ourselves for Chelsea. That kind of idea can be contagious. Win this then 3 to play with a little bit of a cushion.

I say we play the diamond, with Sterling up top with Suarez, Philip at the top of the diamond, Lucas and Allen in midfield and Gerrard holding launching attacks from deep. Same back 4.

kopiteinkc repped this.