Inguinal Hernia

Discussion in 'Player' started by Rickster, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    Have been diagnosed with a small inguinal (groin) hernia. Happy that there's a reason for my chronic pain in the area but annoyed I may need surgery.

Anyone have any experience with this? Had the surgery?

2. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How would you describe the pain you are having, I am going through something right now for a LONG time but on the right side of my abdomen.

As for a hernia, I never had the surgery but know others that have and I hear it's a walk in the park. They use a camera and barely make an opening and you heal up pretty fast.

3. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    I would call it a pain in the front right part of my lower ab/upper leg. It's not so much a muscle pain - it feels different. It's kind of a full, numb feeling combined with a lot of pain when I run or play soccer. I haven't been able to find a bump or other obvious hernia sign, but the drs have seen who have examined me say it's there.

4. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    Just an update: Had a laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair from a very experienced surgery.
    The first few days were hell, but I was walking in a week and jogging in two weeks. Ran a 5k after 3 weeks and played soccer after 4 weeks.
    So the moral of the story is see a doctor. These things don't fix themselves.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  5. Stegolas

Stegolas New Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Had the same mate. Well done and speedy recovery