World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Jay C.

Jay C. New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    That's weird. When I go to the resale section I only see one ticket out of three, the one I won in the FCFS phase. The other two tickets I won in the PMA lottery are not showing there. Has anyone else tried reselling a PMA ticket?

2. JesseW

JesseW New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Hi all,

Interested in 2x Category 1 Salvador QF - Match 59. Please let me know if you can help me out, only interested in cost price.

Cheers

3. acm 1899

acm 1899 New Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    2010 in South Africa I had a TST 4 ticket. Managed to get tickets for 7 other games at reasonable prices. My mate went to Germany in 2006, he also had no trouble buying tickets there. Hope it's the same in Brazil.

4. Quemaaas

Quemaaas Member

Feb 16, 2014
    That's kinda what I was thinking.

Lets hope for a Colombia vs England, so we both can keep our PMAs.. (dont mind having to resell the ones i bought this phase)

Chris McCormack repped this.
  5. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    the USA pma seems to have a seperate site to resell maybe the same applies to England? Did you try and log in to your PMA account? Are you from the US? I think someone said the US PMA sent an email or something.

6. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Here's the email from US Soccer about the resale platform... Looks like it's a separate platform, through FIFA portal. Kinda like how they separated PMA applications from the general public.

[​IMG]

7. AzaleaSF

AzaleaSF New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    I didn't see this on FIFA's website? Where did you find it? I just saw this in one of their news article - "Tickets can also be purchased over the counter at designated FIFA Venue Ticketing Centres but only from 1 June 2014 to 13 July 2014." It seems like both options would be available, but now I'm not sure. It seems crazy that they would only sell tickets at ticketing centers after June 1st, but they've done crazier things.

8. Jay C.

Jay C. New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Are you talking to me? I'm from Spain, and I haven't heard about a separate resell platform for Spain...
    I did try to log in to my PMA account, when I clicked on the resell link, it directed me to the normal FIFA site, and only the ticket I won in the FCFS appeared for resell.

9. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Has anyone been able to change a guest on a delivered ticket yet??
    If not, then I'm not bother messing with any names at all!

My only concern will be picking up tickets in Brazil in my dad's name.
    But for this, notarized copies, bla bla bla...

10. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Still no confirmation email for yesterday's ticket purchase.

11. vivi

vivi New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    May I know if anyone managed to resell a VST tickets?? I have bought 4xVST tickets earlier and have put them up on resale with status indicating "tickets to resell". However, it seems to me that it has not been put through to the public sales platform.

12. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Wow that sucks - Makes me a bit worried about my situation. The current solution I have is to get a credit card printed in my name from the bank - I find it hard to believe that they'd refuse you with ID, credit card in your name, and the ticket confirmation emails.

Another alternative is to say that the credit card was lost - you need to email them about that so they put a note on your account. Then you can retrieve with just your passport and confirmation.

13. tabar

tabar Member

Mar 12, 2014
    ooooh for god's sake! One of the cards I used originally was cancelled and reissued due to a nation-wide scam affecting people who shopped at a particular store. I panicked when I applied for tickets because it was during the waiting period that the cards were changed out without our say. I called FIFA office in Sweden and they even knew about the Target store ordeal because everyone was calling panicked. I do not feel like dealing with a letter from the bank....etc. Whhhhhyyyyyy!!?

14. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    I changed a guest on my ticket order today. Though it was for tickets the the USSF, I think the same ability to change guests is available for general FIFA tickets.

Log on to your ticket account page, expand previous requests and click show more details to that the guests show up under the games you have. Click on the guest you want to swap out and add a new guest. If the guest isn't already on your ticket page you'll need to add them first. And if it's a PMA ticket for the US your guest has to be a US Supporter's Club member. It was easy to change guests once you expand the part of the ticketing page so the guests are shown.

15. amburage

amburage New Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can anyone tell me how to resell England PMA tickets through the resale platform? I don't see any link to it.

16. Nick Sewell

Nick Sewell New Member

Dec 27, 2013
    Has anyone successfully re-sold tickets through the fifa resell platform?

I put 5 sets of tickets up there yesterday including some games that are in the 'high demand' category and they are shown with zero availability on the ticketing website. I do not think they have been released for sale yet as they are likely to be snapped up quickly. Anyone help with this?

17. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I currently have a game with a refund pending. Don't know when that will go through.

18. Stefan79

Stefan79 Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hello, I received a new passport today with a new number. Should I update this information? All my tickets are already printed and being sent out soon. I hope it will not be a big problem that my passport number is incorrect once entering the stadium. I could also bring my old passport (with three big holes in it), just to be sure right?

19. Chris McCormack

Feb 14, 2014
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Not sure but if you find it perhaps we can both contact them and do a transfer to a fellow England FA member.

Thoughts?

20. Thunder5

Thunder5 New Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    A. I want to TRADE: 2 Argentina vs. Bosnia tickets, Category 1 in RIO FOR: 2 Spain vs. Chile tickets, Category 1 tickets in RIO

I live in Los Angeles, and the Argentina vs. Bosnia tickets will be mailed to me. Hopefully, someone will have their Spain/Chile tickets delivered to them as well, and we can swap in person. If no California people to swap with, I will be in RIO on morning of June 15, the day of the Argentina/Bosnia match, and we can swap then. Preferential treatment to Californians who already will have tickets in hand to swap with me.

B. On a general note, I won the following 8 tickets in the First Come First Serve phase (I don’t know if my extra purchase of the Belo Horizonte Belgium vs. Algeria game helped increase my odds in getting the 3 RIO games I asked for) (These 4 games were won/purchased in the FCFS before the all the team match-ups were announced in Dec). (2 Cat 1 ARG vs. BOS in RIO, 2 Cat 1 SPAIN vs. CHILE in RIO, 2 Cat 1 BELGIUM vs. RUSSIA in Rio, and 2 Cat 1 Belgium vs. Algeria in Belo Horizonte)

21. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Leads me to believe that
    (a) tickets haven't really printed yet
    (b) tickets may have printed, and there will be a new name in the system, and either no name on the ticket, or the old name.

Suposedly you can change the name up to 3 days before the game.

i.e. what would be the point of changing the name on a printed ticket 3 days before the match?
    Will the ticket takers have scanners that show the name and then they will match that to your ID?
    I find this hard to believe...

22. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    quick update match 56 1H vs. 2G available in Cat 1 available at the fifa website.

23. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    aaaaaaaannnd its Gone!

24. Shrey

Shrey New Member

Apr 15, 2014