World Cup Travel - Manaus

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Riker, Dec 7, 2013.

1. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    I booked the same hotel directly through their website a while back. I got the confirmation email right away but it took a few days for the charge to show up on my credit card. I gave them a call and managed to speak to someone in English and they reassured me that it would take a few days to show up.

2. Patutube

Patutube New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh great to know. Thanks. I tried calling them a few times but can't manage to find someone that speaks english haha. Think I better prepare for more communication issues on the trip that I thought.

3. Riker

Riker Member

Jan 26, 2005
    US

We are happy Manaus

Rickster and HugoNY repped this.
  4. Paco Hislop

Paco Hislop New Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    just booked an apt in Manaus for $275 a night through airbnb.com. flights RT to Manaus from Sao Paulo through Priceline.com on Tam airlines....$481.

5. Bukester

Bukester Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    I looked through those airbnb listings. We only needed lodging for two stays of two nights each, and all of the airbnb folks wanted a week minimum. Ended up booking hotels instead.

6. Frank_Berns

Frank_Berns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    If you've got room for a couple Canadian lads, send me a PM. Most of the airbnb listings I saw were a bit "unsafe", but if we're travelling in numbers I'd feel a lot better.

7. shermanator12290

Nov 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gonna be in Manaus from the 5th-8th of July.. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and party.. hang out.. explore... etc.. add me on KIK app Jsherms22

8. Paco Hislop

Paco Hislop New Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Hey there Canada!!!! We love Canada!!! Awesome neighbors to the North!!! I would have yall tag a long if we had any room. I booked an apt that holds 4 and I have 6 of us showing up. So sorry it would not work out but hope something opens up for you. Stay classy Canada (unlike our other neighbors)!

9. DTSB

DTSB New Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    We're staying in a hostel, one room with 5 bunk beds (10 guys total). Great deal for $100 a night! Hoping to meet some cool people!

10. Frank_Berns

Frank_Berns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Whereabouts? Looking for places in manaus!

11. jbatmang

jbatmang New Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My GF and I will be in Manaus for all the group stage matches (June 12-26). One problem. We don't have any lodging reservation for Sat. June 21st. Should we just wait it out until we get to Manaus? Does anyone have any insight on how we should approach this?

12. maxsuel cruz

maxsuel cruz New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi guy, do not let to the last minute!

13. Frank_Berns

Frank_Berns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I'm in same boat as above, looking for place to stay in Manaus from the 11th-14th and then 22nd-26th. Been having a very hard time finding accommodations.

14. Karijme

Karijme New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Dallas
    Club:
    Club León
    i have two rooms available for June 22 in Manaus, anyone interested?

15. Karijme

Karijme New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Dallas
    Club:
    Club León
  16. William Reynolds

Nov 7, 2013
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PM'ed

17. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    If I'm only going to be in Manaus for two nights (in a large hotel), do you think I need to deal with all the drugs (i.e. malaria, yellow fever, typhoid)?

18. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Has anyone booked a one or two-day amazon tour? Any idea of a good company? There are hundreds on the interweb.

Thanks.

19. bwach

bwach Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Cleveland
    My wife and I are looking for accommodations in Manaus for the Portugal-US game on the 22nd. If anyone has reasonable rooms available around that date, please PM me.

20. Patutube

Patutube New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Want to know this as well. I am looking for day tour on June 13th. Contacted some of the tours and they said my group (3ppl) is too small so if anyone interested to join forces, let me know.

21. Bukester

Bukester Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    My group of 5 booked a 3 night river boat tour through Swallows and Amazons. They've been great to deal with thus far.
    http://www.swallowsandamazonstours.com/

22. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're just two and would like to join up with you. I have a query into Swallows and Amazons. Seems Gero is already booked up. There are quite a few outfits, it's getting a reputable one we're most concerned about.

23. Frank_Berns

Frank_Berns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Myself and a friend are also looking for something. Would be interested in a tour from the 23rd-25th

24. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Mate. Count me in on the 13th if you can find something good. PM me if you do.

Cheers.

25. HugoNY

HugoNY Member

Feb 15, 2014
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard and read great reviews about Amazon eco adventures. Planning on doing a day trip on the 26th, if anyone else is interested let me know maybe we can get a group rate