Injury Updates

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by WPS_Movement, Apr 15, 2014.

1. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Let's keep track of injury updates, and when allocated players and internationals are going to be missing due to being called up to their national team.

Organize it all in one thread.

2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'll start u out ---all tweet based
    Wambach - WNY - day to day
    Van Hollebeke - Port - two weeks
    Bock - Houston - Out for season

3. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Why are we combining these two topics? They're different things.

So sorry for Brittany Bock. That woman cannot catch a break. How frustrating must it be to train hard the whole off-season, injury free, and then this happens within 20 minutes of the debut game. Sheesh. On the all-time list of unluckiest players, Bock ranks pretty high. I still think she would've broken into the USWNT without all the injuries. You have to wonder if this is the last straw for her. She's competitive as hell but you have to get demoralized at some point and perhaps think your time would be better spent elsewhere.

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Saw a quote attributed to Wambach saying the Flash have a bye week after Chicago to give her time to heal...that seems to hint she isnt planning to play in Chicago.

5. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WPSL-M: could you change the thread title to be injuries only.? I agree that NT call ups are a whole different deal. If you can't, can a mod do it? Thx.

6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Not my thread BUT
    there is really no reason to have a specific thread for each circumstance that makes player unavailable for matches. If the purpose of the thread is availability, then u only need one thread that takes in injury, NT duty, personal leave and whatever else come up. If u want to use the injury thread to discuss the medical aspects of injuries and there treatment, then I can see a separate injury thread.

8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    An injury thread and an NT call-up thread will have completely different side conversations, and I for one don't want to see them jumbled.

9. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Given the fact that you and Siberian almost came to blows over this topic about NT dates, do we want to include it in here as well making it 3 places that we are discussing this one topic?

10. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That too

11. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well Ive abandoned the original thread and Blue Crimson will keep the new thread updated. I still dont see how there will be a jumble if all ur talking about is the players who wont be available for a specific match. If all ur trying to do is pick ur fantasy team or whatever what difference does it make why a player wont be available. For example, there is one thread for players moves not one each for waived players, players placed on the injured list, discovery players, allocated players. While this thread is unfortunately last to the party, it is a much better idea than either of the two previous threads.

12. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I witnessed that quote, and that was certainly the implication.

13. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Which is a shame...hopefully she attends the game at least.

14. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last week Rampone was reported with seismioditis (inflammation of a bone) in the left toe. She left the WNT camp between the two China games and must have had it even before that camp (according to the USSF "been hampered by a toe injury", "came into camp for rehab with the team’s medical staff").
    I asked an orthopedic surgeon about seismioditis and his response was that a flare up can be painful from a couple weeks to a couple of months in a way that would affect her play.

15. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  16. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I don't have the power to do this, so instead I started a new thread exclusive to national team call-up, by majority demand from this thread.

17. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  20. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    I hope Frisbie is fine for the Dash game because with the hectic schedule coming up, bench players will play a key role.

21. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Ive had adductor pulls and they tend to take a while...hopefully its a slight pull.

22. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Jackie Santacaterina, Chicago Red Stars, who left Saturday's game due to injury is ok...apparently it was just muscle cramping.

23. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WNY. Per Angela Salem on "Soccer is a Kick in the Grass" radio: Haley Palmer's injury is "not too serious," she is “day-to-day,” and, with the bye week, she is expected to play next game (May 3).

http://www.soccerisakickinthegrass.com/

24. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Add Weimer to the ACL list.