Kick This! radio show 11am EST 3/22/14

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by dcunitedTV, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    If you go back and listen to Sam's comments, Ed Hale was on the line and several times tried to steer Sam clear of making any unnecessary comments. He many times said stuff to the effect of "I'm not worried about the past" or "We're moving on and not worrying about past events, happy about the future".

I didn't necessarily think Sam went over the edge, but he definitely toed a line with his Amway comments, and in a way, dissed other USL outdoor franchises. I think him poking and making fun of the USL on the show today, especially with that obviously pre-planned "big announcement" farce to just take another shot at them, I can understand slightly why the USL would play hardball with Rochester a bit more than the others who handled it with bit more dignity, while at the same time got what they needed/wanted to say out in a professional manner.

2. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yes and I very clearly remember when Bobby Lenarduzzi was leading the Vancouver Whitecaps out of the USL and into NASL. When asked about the USL and their hesitancy about letting the teams "go" into the NASL, he was very classy, professional and complimentary of the USL.

He didn't need to lob some parting shots or grumble about the league. Now maybe it's not entirely fair as the Whitecaps had a PDL team and a W-League team still in the pyramid.

Notwithstanding, Lenarduzzi was classy and Soccer Sam shouldn't have gone out the door all guns blazing

3. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    What happened to the show this week? See no media uploaded since the 29th show. Did they have a show this weekend? Was looking forward to hearing Tozer's comments.

5. PepsiAddict

PepsiAddict Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No show last week. The show before KT (the "Pain Clinic" a pro wrestling oriented show) had a special two hour episode for Wrestlemania. The only announcement was made on the KT Facebook page last Friday.

Jim Bob Rhino repped this.
  6. Jim Bob Rhino

Jim Bob Rhino Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The two hour Wrestlemania show for The Pain Clinic is a standing tradition that Sam forgot about when talking about having Coach Tozer on.

Kick This! will be back on Saturday.

7. Jim Bob Rhino

Jim Bob Rhino Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so I spoke too soon. Kick This! is off again this week as The Pain Clinic goes two hours to wrap up Wrestlemania and the passing of The Ultimate Warrior.

8. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Booo!

9. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Warrior is racist.

Call him the Ultimate Golden Eagle.

10. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    It could be worse. Remember when Marquette (very) briefly changed its name to the Gold?

11. RichPaschette

RichPaschette New Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Warrior was not racist. He did not like gays. Therefore, he was homophobic.

12. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I think he meant the nickname "Warrior" is considered racist (in the way Braves or Redskins sometimes are).

13. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milwaukee reference; and Syd is on the right track.

About 20 years ago, the Marquette Warriors changed their nickname to Golden Eagles before anyone had a chance to really make a 21st Century fuss. To me (and many, many MU friends, fans and alumni) "Warrior" and "Golden Eagles" are interchangeable.

The most fun is when the Golden State Golden Eagles come to town to play the Bucks.

14. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    If the Indians wanted to not have pro teams and wrestlers named after their tribes and monikers, something they seem to find racial, they would've won the war.

#ChrisColumbusForTheWin!

15. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Granted we see some dumb comments about indoor soccer on this board. But we see even dumber comments when people stray from the subject of indoor soccer.

KidFlash and EnricoSharke repped this.
  16. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The traditional name for the AAA baseball team in Central New York is the Syracuse Chiefs. Several years ago, the team tried to change their name to "SkyChiefs" with airplanes as their symbols to avoid racist connotations. When that wasn't accepted by the community that still called the team the Chiefs, the team changed its name back but instead of being an Indian Chief, they became a Chief that conducts a railroad train.

17. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, lots of people associated with Marquette had the same thought in the mid-90s... If Willie Wampum was a racist icon (again, it was 20 years ago and even these days, not all agree that it is/was) why couldn't have Marquette made he logo a Greek warrior or something? Change the logo to remove the Native American connotation and pick a culture who didn't mind having their warriors honored.

18. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer Sam will be back on the air today at 11:05 He will once again have Ed Hale on the show

19. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    LOL... Seriously, I was joking..guess sarcasm doesn't translate well but honestly... grow some grapefruits my friend. If a joke about Indians from 1492 is getting your feathers ruffled I would never open a paper, book or turn on the TV/Radio if I was you.

The over sensitive nature of the world today is quite pathetic and very different than the actual real world. If you think what I said was bad? Go to ogrish's liveleak page or the multiple sites that feature videos/photos from war zone's or just general bad areas. You will have a new respect for life, and I seriously doubt jokes about Pilgrim's and Indians and calling teams "Warriors" will bug you anymore or as much.

20. Mad Header

Mad Header Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Mt Prospect
    Thanks for the valuable life lesson, oh wise one. How about we stick to talking about indoor soccer now?

skipper60601 repped this.
  21. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    Kick This just announce they have a big announcement coming from Soccer Sam today on the show.

22. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    So far the only thing said was that they have received the release for the Lancers from the USL.

Listening to see if any more is said during the show.

23. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    Soccer Sam just said they have an arena lease as well so they have everything ready to join the new league.

24. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    looks like Rochester is all set to go. so how many teams is that confirmed for the new league now? 6 or 7?

25. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    23 actually right now. Some of those still need some paperwork and leases, but that's how many teams we expect to return from last season. Hopefully there will be some expansion on top of that.

DallasHammster and EnricoSharke repped this.