FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid CF | Copa del Rey final | El Clasico | 16.04.2014 | 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Tobias19, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Xabi Alonso play?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't like Ancelotti either but he is the coach. I'm just going to back him up for now. Never liked him since that 05 choke job.

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    People love to say Mou is better tactically then Ancelotti in "big" matches but at the end of the day in his first season here The Special One crapped his pants in big games as well, that is conveniently forgotten when crying out how much better Mou is than Ancelotti. Technically if we win tonight Ancelotti will be just as good as Mou with two trophies left to fight for. Crazy right? Perspective people. I don't know what's going to happen tonight but get behind your team instead this preemptive gnashing of teeth and whining, this is supposed to be exciting.

3. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Right now we have very good matured team but Mou first season we have issue with team settling down ... it is because of few nuts in spanish media he has to go...

4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Adriano is playing as CB today, according to AS.

:inlove:

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Hopefully we can expose his height. God knows if we attempt to use power he'll flop like Pepe, but will get the foul call every time.

Dantes and MadridOzil repped this.
  6. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Adriano at CB is good news if true.

Look if we win tonight those concerns on Ancelotti will calm a bit, he needs this result just as much as the team in my opinion.

7. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "nut job" wasn't the media.

And it wasn't just his first season. We lost the 1st leg of the UCL semis last year 4-1.

8. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is obviously ways to target Barca's weaknesses. This is why you employ a manager. This is why we pay Ancelotti to do his job. So far he hasn't even tried. Let's just play our game and hope for the best lol. That is his tactics. Don't track Messi when he moves into space. When you watch cholo simeone completely emasculate this Barca side....that was a thing of beauty to watch.

He hasn't done enough in the big matches. We all know that. Can we all admit that? Bale also needs to show up in a big match.

Benz will win it for us. 4-1

9. Marnello

Marnello New Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like Ancelotti\I don't like Ancelotti!!? Calm your tits, this ain't a popularity contest.

This won't be won with tactics only......tactics and some balls.

Lets Rock!

[​IMG]

10. Complex23

Complex23 Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    11 pages pre-match? hawt dawg

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Alex Fernandez on Twitter: On my way to Valencia to cheer on my brother (Nacho).

:inlove:

12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who's that?

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Former Castilla player, left for Espanyol this past summer.

14. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Who are you? How do you not know my beloved Junior Ginger?

RMSocrates repped this.
  15. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Heh, I know. Hence the :p

Cristiano is a huge absence in these matches, particularly against such an aerially challenged back line, but WE GOT THIS.

Eddie repped this.
  16. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    If by "mature" you mean older then yes we have a mature team but this team now is exactly like it was under Mou, a team in transition attempting to adopt and implement a new style and approach. I don't see any nut jobs in the media calling for him to go but mostly nut job fans on Internet forums.

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ah, i know Alex but i didn't think that's him. I thought it's really Nachos brother. The first result on google was some actor and i didn't read any further

18. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Alex really is Nacho's brother.

Eddie repped this.
  19. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    It is very easy to criticize the decisions of any coach after a game . It's like to take an exam knowing the answers.

Unfortunately , 80% -90 % of the criticisms after a game are like that. If Ancelotti decides to use Illarra today and we lose, tomorrow we will read "Ancelotti is an italian manager and he chose the most defensive option when he should have chosen the talent of Isco or Di Maria", but if he decides to use Di Maria/Isco and we lose, the same people will write "Real Madrid musn't have played with Isco/Di Maria in the midfield. Messi was free to do whatever he wants during the game". The same will happen if Ancelotti decides to play attack or counterattack, if we lose the smart guys will say that the good tactic was the one that we didn't use.

For this reason I invite the people of this board to get into the skin of the coach and choose how the team should play today (between the most probable options). You have to answer these three questions:

What players must play in the midfield?

a. Di Maria - Xabi - Modric
    b . Isco - Xabi - Modric
    c . Modric - Xabi - Illarra
    d . Modric - Xabi - Casemiro

First I have to say that I've thought a lot about each option and all are good. Each one has its advantages and its disadvantages , the 'c' or ' d' theoretically would help to press better Barcelona midfield and leave less space to Messi and would help more in defense, the 'a' and ' b' theorically would help more too create problems in Barcelona defense, their weakest zone. So the decision is attack our enemy weakest area, or defend our enemy strongest area.

After think a lot about it, and analysing the play of the team during last games my choice is 'a'.

What players should play in attack?
    a. Bale-Benzema-Isco
    b. Bale-Benzema-Di Maria
    c. Isco-Benzema-Bale
    d. Di Maria - Benzema - Bale

Again, all options are valid. My choice is 'c' Because I've Chosen to play with Di Maria in the midfield, and Isco plays better in the left and Bale have played in the right almost all the season. Anyway, really difficult to choose between a or c.

How should we play?
    a. Attack
    b. Counter Attack

Again, both options are valid. Theoretically Barcelona (Messi, Iniesta, ...) plays better against teams that let them spaces (Attacking teams), so a good option would defend and counterattack, but it is also true that currently their weakest spot is its defense, then we should attack their defense as much as we could even taking some risks.

With the players that i have chosen in midfield, my choice is 'a'. I assume that Barcelona will create us problems in defense, but i hope that we create them more problems as happened in the last game in he Bernabeu while we were 11 vs 11. The key will be to be very concentrated in defense the 90 minutes, that Bale and Isco helps a lot in defense. Bale-Modric-Carvajal should be togetther to help defend the right side, and Di Maria -Isco- Coentrao should be together to help to defend the left side and Di Maria- Xabi - Modric should be together in the center.

RMSocrates, meringues, surgeon and 7 others repped this.
  20. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marca seem convinced Isco will start over Illarramendi and to be honest this season when it comes to lineups they have been pretty accurate.

21. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I really hope so, Isco is a quality player

22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Super idea @MadridForever.... yet I see no takers?

I'll be first then...

I want...
    Di Maria, Modric & Xabi in midfield.
    Isco, Benzema & Bale in attack.

I feel we should pressure heavy early on in attack in order to disrupt their play and create turnovers which would lead to scoring chances, then 20+ minutes in settle to countering to save energy. This would be my tactics to start each half. Against Bayern I prefer we do some long balls because those seem to expose their defense, but here against barca I would attempt to pass our way out of situations (unless deep in our half with a smarter decision to clear the ball).

Also if we struggling to cope midfield, I would not sub out Di Maria or Modric unless they are specifically the problem. I would sub out Xabi for Illaramendi and continue our play. If we're attempting to hold a lead, I'd bring on Casemiro as well.

Anyways, whatever Ancelotti does I hope it works out and I hope we finish our chances.

EDIT: What I won't be looking forward to is the whining and bitching and shit throwing at our club because we aren't up 10-0 by half time.

CivilProtection, surgeon and Zidane05 repped this.
  23. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    surgeon, YOUNGSTARS87 and Zidane05 repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yup, same. Only thing is because of the injuries, are attaching options off the bench are limited with only Morata really. But with that lineup, we should be looking to make defensive changes in the second half hopefully to protect a lead.

surgeon and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  25. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I think think minus our "special" posters everyone is in agreement in sticking with the lineup from the Almeria game with Alonso for Petey. I'm going a,c,a but I am nervous about Isco defensively. He's been better no doubt with his defense and adapting but I'm leary of seeing an Oezil-esque "performance" against Bayern in Munich performance from him. If he gets overrun and players like Angel try to compensate it could get ugly but being proactive and attacking reduces the chances of that....whatever though let's just get 'ear done.