World Football Historic Center (Dearman Blogspot)

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by Dearman, Aug 7, 2013.

1. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Okay I agree that it's very hard to do and you did a decent job. Erico sticks out for me though at first, giving him a Phenomenal Class season (based on his goals scored?) which is very rare seems really generous.

2. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    What do you have as ratings/reviews for the 1979CA?

3. Dearman

Dearman Member

Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    He did not only score a phenomenal record of goals. He scored a half of total goal of indipendiente in 1937 season.
    Aside from Scoring record, I just quote this sentence from wikipedia

"Erico was an inspiration to Argentine player Alfredo Di Stéfano, who considered him one of the greatest players ever. Other figures like Brazilian striker Leônidas da Silva and Paraguayan Delfín Benítez Cáceres also consider Erico as one of the best players in history. Argentine striker Francisco Varallo remembers Erico as a "phenomenon" that would excel in scoring headers due to his high jumps.?

Surely this regard could be overrated but not many players in history are regarded as one of the best players ever by many players coincide for this.

4. Dearman

Dearman Member

Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    #154 Dearman, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    I did not rate him in exact class for the 1979 tournament but I said he was one of the best Brazilian players in the Copa America from what I watched in a video.

5. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    I would have doubt about the quality of competition just for the domestic league. International comparable? Argentina winning against Brazil and Brazil being SF quality at the WC seems like the 'closest' hint. Did both teams field their #1 squads though?

This seems to comment on his overall career after it was over and not specifically the 1937 season right?

6. Dearman

Dearman Member

Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    #156 Dearman, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    I'd not compare national team performance to determine standard of domestic league.

I am just impressive how he incomparably lead the second place top scorer in 1937.
    1937 Erico scores 47 goals, 2nd place is Moreno (Inside-Forward) scores 32 goals, 3rd place is Masantonio who was center-forward only 28 goals.

However, I agree that difficulty of making scores in the 1937 Argentina Primera Division is much easier than the later eras if consider total seasonal league goals against number of total seasonal league games. So, his stats of goals is not a phenomenal record by then. Finally, it is also depend on style of scoring and surely I never saw it but what I have read, he is one of the most completed strikers ever, was superb in both technical and aerial ability. I'll back to re-consider if I have more info in the future.

7. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    #157 schwuppe, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    You would be really impressed by Jozsef Takacs then. Seriously this isn't that rare, someone like Nordahl has a similar gap % wise. Marco Van Basten? @PuckVanHeel

8. Dearman

Dearman Member

Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    In only scoring stats, I'm agreeable but he seems to be more complete than Bican and Takacs.
    Anyway, even Jose Manuel Moreno who is also regarded by old-timers as one of the best players ever, is not rated by me in any phenomenon-class so I really should not make it for Erico in the same logic, I need to revise Erico in 1937 from phenomenon to supreme world-class.

9. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    I understand.

Also I would be more sceptic about Moreno, his ranking is an educated guess imo due to lack of interstate comparison.

10. Dearman

Dearman Member

Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    Hi, Recently I spent time to make the proposal series "Annual Best Player"(World Annual Award of The Century and International Annual Best Player).

This is an "Positional World Best Player" http://xtraimmortal.blogspot.com/2013/12/positional-annual-best-player.html in 4 positional categorization before 1930s and 8 positional categorization from 1930s onwards. The list is rated base on a calendar year. The list could be further developed as usual as I open to adjust/improve.

For Continental Annual Best Player, please see as following ;

European Footballer of The Year http://xtrahistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/european-football-hall-of-fame.html
    Americas Footballer of The Year http://xtrahistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/americas-football-hall-of-fame.html
    Asia & Oceania Footballer of The Year http://xtrahistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/asia-oceania-football-hall-of-fame.html
    African-Born Footballer of The Year http://xtrahistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/african-football-hall-of-fame.html

As this series has been done. I'm going to big update again after the 2014 World Cup. Thanks you for read.

msioux75 repped this.
  11. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Again, that was your opinion... which is wrong unfortunately.

Your judgement of ONE WC tournament and claimed it as a PHENOMENON season is way off chart.
    Like I said Pele 58, 59, 61,62, 65 66 >> any Maradona 86, 87 , 79 80 years ...

Inside Brazil NT in any event, Pele was always regarded as the BEST player of every team 58, 62, 66 to 70.
    Didi won goldenball deservedly for he was the main and key player, while Pele was coming in as a SUB and was a TEEN. However he won the TEEN and as a SUB won SILVERBALL and SILVER BOOT there.

WC70, no one with a good knowledge would claim Gerson or Jairzinho over Pele. Indeed, Pele won it by FIFA selection.

Participate 2 full WC and won 2 WC with 1Goladebball, 1 Silver ball and 1 silverboot is great, very rare if not saying he was THE ONLY ONE> no Didi, no Jairzinho no Gerson, and even no Garrincha NO MARADONA did that (Ronaldo was close though)

12. Dearman

Dearman Member

Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    Actually, I still rate Pele as the best player in the 1970 World Cup but you cannot say he is far better than Jairzinho likes referring to global theory and it is too much for judging correction/wrong if some people who rate Jairzinho in the same level as Pele. Pele in the 1970 Word Cup was almost perfect in his creative contribution of Brazilian game compensating his tending down of physical ability. Pele in the 1961/1962 was really his peak with availability in all superb functional offensive abilities. Jairzinho was very peak in that tournament with extremely fast, dribbling and scoring ability. Jairzinho in his peak is seen to be incomparable to Pele's peak but unfortunately he never reached his real peak in teh WC tournament.

Surely I'm not judge only one Word Cup as I have showed the system of rating in all conpetiitons for each player.

13. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tostao was better than Pele at WC70, as was Teofilo Cubillas and perhaps Muller too. I would compare Pele's performance in WC70 to a Xavi in WC10, very good and important for the team but still flawed and lacking the extra panache to belong in the pantheon.

14. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Agree,
    WC'70 wasn't like 1986 or 1962, which there is a clear MVP.
    In 1970, there were a bunch of great performers who can claim for the "best player" award.

Pipiolo repped this.
  15. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    yeah you are the first to claim that !
    Both Tostao and Cubilas were not better
    Muller only got his big stats to back him up (10goals+3ass) but two hat tricks in group stage (easy) and so that made 7goals in group, and ONLY 3goals in latter stage.
    Pele was involved in ALL 7games of winning gaols (eitehr scored or assist) 4goals+6ass

Sorry ... not quite correct and not sure where you got such comment? Your are As CLUELESS as you are consistently were ... very impressive!

Ironically BOTH TOSTAO and CUBILLAS did NOT even make into the WC70 all star team.

16. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There was no WC70 all-star team, it's all retrospective drivel by FIFA to favor their puppets. And you are wrong that Pele was involved in all the team's winning goals, he was not involved with Brazil's second goal against Italy in the final.

17. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    whatever, clueless claim ... is always clueless ...

So in away, Pipioplo clueless meant to say Pele, Muller, Gerson ... (all star team and TOP3 best player) owned FIFA *??? and the likes Tostao , Cubillas did not LOL .... what a childish claim ....

in similar way, I would use your clueless logic to say Zico should be in WC86 all star team instead of Maradona? LOL because Maradona also OWNED FIFA

18. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pele was not clearly the best player of WC70, almost everyone agrees on that. Had the award been given at the time, most likely it goes to someone else like Tostao, Gerson, Muller or Cubillas.

19. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Stop being ridiculous ...
    Pele was the best player at WC70 and he INDeed WON IT

Neitehr Tostao nor Cubillas were among the top20men in WC all star team .
    LIVE with it and no more clueless opinion

20. 621380

621380 Member

Feb 21, 2004
    germany
    your arguments are very weak....
    a while ago you praised puskas 4 goals,3 assists in wc 1954.....2 goals,2 assists against cannonfodder team korea (9:0)win and 1 goal,1 assist against germany in a 8:3 win, germany playing without some starters..example germans goalkeeper kwiatkowski first ever NT game was this game against hungary...

gerd müller scoring 3 goals against peru and bulgaria is easy..why??? all 3 goals in a 3:1 win against peru and 3 goals,1 assist win 5:2 against bulgaria...take away gerd müller goals and assists in the groupstages and germany ranks the bottom of the group with 3 defeats and is eliminated in the groupstages...

gerd müller has contributed -DIRECTLY - for the gamewinners in 5 games (marocco,bulgaria,peru,england,uruquay)....(good possible the most in worldcup history).....pele for 4 games....pele has not assistet the gamewinner in the final and has not assistet the gamewinner against uruquay...tostao has assistet the gamewinner against uruquay...

in the latter stages gerd müller has scored the gamewinner against england and has assistet the 1:0 gamewinner against uruquay...scored 2 goals in a extratime defeat against italy...

gerd müller most goals,most points,most gamewinners and highest castrol ranking...and germany more disadvantages in the latter stages games than brasil....

Pipiolo repped this.
  21. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agreed. Muller should be considered ahead of Pele for WC70 Golden Ball.

22. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Again ... that made you TWO against millions out there .
    This is just like the case of Rivaldo 02 (Muller 70) vs Ronaldo 02 (Pele 70)

Up to the SF game, I agree Muller seemed a better contributors overall.
    At the FINAL game - Pele MADE HUGE DIFFERENCE with 1goal + 2ass and WON WC70 for Brazil - in other hand Muller made one assist to win 3rd place for Germany.

NO doubt and no question asked: PELE was INDEED the WC70 best player winning goldenball there!

23. Dearman

Dearman Member

Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    Recently I spent time to work on "All-Time Record and Statistics" since I had not found many evidence of record. Now I have add this topic in World Football Historic Center. http://xtrahistory.blogspot.com/2014/04/Record-Statistics.html

1) All-Time Greatest Team Decorated Footballers of All-Time : Ranking base on criteria table
    2) Statistical Goalscorer Record (Just refer to my thread in Bigsoccer)
    3) All-Time Longest Streak without conceding a goal in domestic league
    4) All-Time Most Consecutive Wins (I still not found evidence of round of seasonal competition in Hungarian League since I see Ferencvaros might win European Record (Now wikipedia indicates Benfica as the most cosecutive with 29 games but Ferencvaros won all 22 games in the 1931 - 1932 season, surely it might expand more numbers in previous and next season.) (Wikipedia do not name Nacional as the most consecutive but I found in rsssf that it really won 32 games in row (World record tied with Al-Fasaily of Jordan). Anyway, There five clubs found to win all games in a single professional domestic league season in order by games number as below ;
    4.1) Ferencvaros : 22 Games (1931 - 1932)
    4.2) Nacional : 20 Games (1941)
    4.3) Rangers : 18 Games (1898 - 1899)
    4.4) Slavia Prague : 14 Games (1929 - 1930)
    4.5) KB : 9 Games (1931 - 1932)

5) All-Time Most Goal Differences In Domestic League's Single Season : Honesty I just found European Record is MTK Hungary with 137 and I'm not sure about other professional league in other continents especially Africa in which is difficult to find all of its full-tables. There are also four Europe clubs to ever achieve at least 100 diffs are aforementioned MTK, Ferencvaros (104 diffs in 1931 - 1932), Hearts (103 diffs in 1957 - 1958) and Dinamo Bucharest 100 diffs (1988 - 1989)
    6) All-Time Most Appearances Players More Than 1000 Games
    7) All-Time Most Unbeaten Seasons
    8) Others record such as the earliest champion in each league (such as Bayern has seven games left when it won champion), etc, I'm researching to create.

In http://xtravictory.blogspot.com The Memorial of Football Victory, I went through rsssf page of seasonal full table in each nation to find the some records on my own and add many record in club profile as followings ;

- All-Time Highest Goals Ratio In Domestic League's Single Season
    - All-Time Highest Goal Differences Ratio In Domestic League's Single Season
    - All-Time Lowest Goal Conceding Ratio In Domestic League's Single Season
    - All-Time Highest Game Wins Ratio In Domestic League's Single Season
    - The Greatest Seasonal Result Ever In Domestic League
    - Most Consecutive Domestic League and Cup Winners'
    - etc

Gregoriak repped this.
  24. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You with your "Ronaldo is better because he scored in a final match" bullshit!

Even though I agree with you that Pele was overall a better mvp then Muller in WC70. Your comparison of Rivaldo vs Ronaldo doesn't make sense here. With other words we could say that by applying your principles that a player who didn't make crucial contributions throughout the entire campaign can come in the final match and scores two goals and become mvp?

If that is true why hasn't so many other players who have scored in a final match not become mvp?

Rivaldo was responsible for keeping the momentum for Brazil from the outside to semi's. Ronaldo failed entirely vs England. And then Ronaldo comes and scores two goals in the final and that by default should make him mvp?

I think you're to sensitive and protective when it comes to Pele and Ronaldo.

Come on mate slack a bit. You owe neither Pele nor Ronaldo that much credit mate. It;s just a game.

Scolari the manager of the winning Brazil. The highest authority on the Brazilian squad went public and was vocal at stating that Rivaldo was his most valuable player. He said that Ronaldo was important in the final but that Rivaldo was his most valuable player. And you defy even Scolari?

The more I read your R9 post the more i start to realise that when it comes to R9 you just take a firm stand and take make it a project to "push it" for Ronaldo.

Scoring in a final WC match doesn't make you mvp per se. So many have scored clunch goals in final of WC and yet they haven't been awarded mvp! So your principle doesn't apply here. That's why FIFA didn't give R9 mvp in WC02. You see?

Scolari said Rivaldo was better! And that is a fact that you cannot take away. It's in the media. Go and try to change that. Good luck with it.

@Pipiolo @celito

Pipiolo repped this.
  25. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Completely agree, Rivaldo was the man for Brazil at WC02. Scolari himself recognized this publicly, plus the Brazilian pundits agree on this. The Brazilian posters in this forum have echoed this view.

But of course, that does not matter, @JamesBH11 knows more about that Brazil team than any of them, Scolari included :rolleyes: