World Cup Travel- Natal and Recife

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by ceezmad, Nov 19, 2013.

1. ddv33

ddv33 New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Club:
    Everton FC
    We will be in Recife from the 22nd - 26th. Would be interested in joining the USA vs Portugal game cheering as well!

2. Jennifer W

Jennifer W Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I just scored tickets to the US-Germany match!!! Now I need to get from Natal to Recife for the day. Any suggestions?

3. klopez41

klopez41 Member

Mar 4, 2014
    NJ
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hey Jennifer,

They have buses that run from Natal to Recife daily. You should be able to pick up tickets once you are down there. Or you might be able to catch a ride from someone in the forum already making the drive down.

DKutulsa repped this.
  4. Kat76

Kat76 Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to meet for the USA vs Port game too. Seeing as how getting to Manaus is looking out of the question (46 hr travel time and 3 cities to get from Natal to Manaus??)...is there a thread for private jets?!

5. Daniel Knickelbein

Feb 24, 2014

Haha there are probably enough of us that will be in the Natal/Pipa/Recife area that want to go the the Portugal game that we could probably charter a jet for cheaper than flying solo to Manaus

6. jacquespluto

jacquespluto New Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    We are 2 friendly USA fans from the great state of Oregon looking for a ride from Recife to Natal on the 15th. Willing to pay for gas, please let me know if anyone has room. Thanks!

7. Cynthia Cortes

Cynthia Cortes New Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    We are a couple looking for a ride from Recife from Natal on the 15th also. But I think we might just catch a bus since its not that far.

8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Flights between Natal/Recife have been trending very cheap, fyi. Got mine for $50 each way.

9. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I got a ticket for sale to the Japan-Greece match as outlined in my signature below... let me know if anyone is interested.

10. laejandro

laejandro New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Where did you buy your plane tickets?

I will also be going from Recife to Natal on the 15th.

11. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah what airline?

12. Joe Currell

Joe Currell Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Can anybody help me with accomadation in Recife? Want cheap as possible will be there 27-1 of July...!

Joe

13. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    definately not TAM

14. ArifA

ArifA Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Question for people who rented cars in Natal/Recife. Where did you guys book it from? Can someone provide a few options to rent cars from please? Thanks.

15. Gerghana

Gerghana Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    We made a reservation with Movida (cheapest) in Natal, then cancelled it due to bad Tripadvisor review about the non-existence of their insurance coverage and reserved with Avis.

Three things to keep in mind:
    - Most rental cars in Brazil do NOT have ABS or airbags. Check in detail what class DOES have airbags. Even the "luxury" cars sometimes don't have airbags.
    - Almost all cars are manuals. There are practically no automatic rental cars with airbags.
    - Natal is building a new airport. It's not certain yet whether it will be open in time, so any Natal rental cars you book, you can only book from the old airport. If they open the new airport before the world cup, it's best to check with the agency again that the rental will indeed be possible from the new airport.

16. Hugobert

Hugobert New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Hello guys,

I will do the travel from Recife to Natal after the game USA Germany (I have 4 extra tickets for this game).
    I will have 2 seats in my car for the travel.

If someone interested in, don't hesitate to contact me by PM

Hugo

17. ORHornet

ORHornet Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Based on the first FCFS (prior to the draw) we had planned to be in the Recife/Natal area from June 19th-27th. Our plans have now changed to arriving in Recife on June 20th in the evening. So we have tickets to two games that we are unable to use. Just wondering if anyone on here is looking for tickets to either the Japan v Greece game (19th) in Natal or Italy v Costa Rica (20th) in Recife. Please PM me if interested. Face value of course. Thanks.

18. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    is anyone going to be there any later? I dont arrive until the 22nd but some beach soccer sounds great

19. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    how long is your flight? the ones i am seeing are like 10 hours for some reason! Rather take a 4 hour bus at that point

20. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    azul offers direct flights but they are expensive for a 55min flight if you ask me

21. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    plus i am on a tight budget, i just plan on taking a bus with my friends

22. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    are you going to be in recife on the 22nd? i will be there til the 24th

23. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    looks like we will just miss each other, i will be in Natal from the 22-28th but im taking a bus to recife to see the usa germany game on the 26th and then heading back to natal the next day

24. Jennifer W

Jennifer W Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I need to get from Natal to Recife for the US-Ger match too. Have you been able to make bus reservations?

25. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody wanna split housing on playoffs or car rentals? A buddy and I are driving from natal to Recife and back on june20 and again on june 23. you can see my schedule below. Let me know.