Scorpyn's Scanner 2014

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Scorpyn78, Feb 25, 2014.

1. scooterz

scooterz Member

Mar 12, 2014
    I’m happy to hear that many of you got the tickets you were waiting for in the most recent FCFS!

I would challenge those of you who were successful to consider sharing your good fortune with others. There was talk on this thread of making contributions to a ticket-fund for a charity in Brazil, a worthy cause which I believe Jupal was nominated to lead.

Until that comes to fruition, I have made a contribution to the two agencies below, and I would encourage you to consider supporting one of these causes:

Street Child World Cup – This event just wrapped up in Brazil. It allows children living on the streets to participate in their own world cup, and it would be great to see this worthwhile cause continue: http://streetchildworldcup.org/rio-2014/

Street Football World – An organization that promotes social change through football, in Brazil and around the world: http://streetfootballworld.org

Cheers,

Scott

AzaleaSF, Madridista3 and Stuckin1au repped this.
  2. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    There is another misconception that FIFA has a queue at all. People should finally figure out that FIFA never had a queue in its online ticketing. Not in 2002, neither in 2006, nor in 2010 & 2014. This what people see is not a queue but a simple page refresh after X seconds. At least this year they are bit more honest and they removed false warning that you will lose your place in queue if your refresh.

3. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know when they will start adding the matches that were "sold out"? As in when is the availability going to change from -1?

4. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Totally agree but last night no matter what I did and my finger hurts from refreshing it never let me in at all even after an hour of trying. Using multiple browser types didn't help or even incognito mode. Possibly very unlucky perhaps who knows. But hey that's life and I'm going to other matches so there isn't anything to get angry about.

5. Ron Middleton

Ron Middleton Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Club:
    Carlisle United FC
    After latest ticket phase I have the following tickets to exchange:

3 tickets Belgium Russia together in Cat 1
    1 ticket Italy Costa Rica in Cat 3
    Will post as being delivered

Looking for 3 tickets to either Australia Spain or Argentina Iran. Or offers

Email midzi88@yahoo.com

6. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    yepp, number of connections was very limited this time. this was obvious by monitoring digits for high demand games in scanner. these were decreasing pretty slow this time.
    in the end it was matter of luck and heavy F5 work.

7. bloodyjikhead

bloodyjikhead Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think you were just unlucky. The last phase I was the same as you - multiple browsers, over an hour to get through etc, then yesterday I got through after less than a minute. Couldn't believe my eyes.

8. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It's like that in life last time around I was blessed so its just a circle sometimes you win sometimes you lose but like I said I have games. I feel for many that have none. They are the ones ill be trying to help in the coming weeks.

9. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Anyone know if the resale platform is manned in Zurich (Fifa HQ) or locally in Brasil? I ask because I presume that overnight re-sale requests will be processed when the dudes turn up for work, and that would be a good time to stalk the availability pages.

Chris McCormack repped this.
  10. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Zurich of course. But they have offices in Manchester UK and in Brasil too, that are both involved in ticketing process.

11. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Ron Middleton stop littering every thread with your spare tickets pls.

12. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    There is a separate section for these requests m8!

13. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Poor bloke though has been after the same tickets for weeks.

Can someone help the brother out so he will stop posting the same thing!!!

14. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Q. What time do Mancs go to work?

A. Just after the owner leaves! ;)

Miggy and Stuckin1au repped this.
  15. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think this is for you @bcred lol

16. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    thanks pal.
    Q: What's the difference between a Scouser and a coconut?
    A: One's thick and hairy, and the other's a coconut.

;)

rioferdy5 repped this.
  17. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I got nothing you got me there

18. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    I thought so too but I don't get why you have to send it to either Rio or Manchester when already printed/received and not Zurich because well Zurich would be much easier for me >.<

19. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Manchester is where the ticket distribution originates. Rio must be the destination or distribution point in Brazil.
    Zurich I suppose is simply FIFA admin.

20. GHurst66

GHurst66 Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    A Scouser walks in a record shop in Manchester and asked if they had anything by the Doors.
    The store owner said "Yes two cameras and a scanner, so f*** off!"

rioferdy5 and Stuckin1au repped this.
  21. sats

sats Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Can we pick up our tickets for the UK processing centre or does it need to be Brazil?
    Also I dont see the option of airport pickup in Rio on Fifa site now

22. KayC

KayC Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    People in Manchester ONLY understand NOISE!
    Reason why they need Scousers to score their goals for them, and captain the nation...

23. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    A new scanner has popped up and was released to everyone a few minutes ago, just giving everyone that still needs tickets and didnt get this app a heads up.

24. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    This is the slippery slope to disaster. Coming from a 'sneaker head' (sneaker collector) ..... These apps in the hands of wrong people can change everything. Nowadays you can't buy special edition sneakers online anymore because of apps and bots. Right now it may not be much of a problem but eventually it will like it is in the sneaker business

25. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    the way i see it, tickets purchased now are pickup only, so only people going are looking to buy. This makes it incredibly hard to sort through who is a real fan or not and most people still looking are. Even Scorpyn said he would mass release it at some point. And for people like me that had ZERO tickets but still didnt get this app the new app might be their savior. I just happened to get lucky and get tickets yesterday without any help but there are still people out there that have none.