PL-era Sheep Draft - Main Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cr7torossi, Jun 2, 2012.

1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wanna team up pdg?

2. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    #2127 frasermc, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    @cr7torossi do you have an idea of when it will start and finish? I would be interested but going on honeymoon at the end of May for two weeks. Not sure I could sneak in draft participation during that time frame...

cr7torossi and Umar repped this.
  3. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Hmm, you beat me last time! But maybe I could do with your help to sell my players to the voters :cool::laugh:.

How about our partnership goes two more drafts (I think we did well in the two we did so far)....
    You choose 2 out of these 3:
    - This PL/CL draft
    - The next current players draft (Sheep Draft, not Excape Goat's fantasy league one for the WC)
    - Next years all-time Sheep Draft
    I do like to go solo mainly, but no problem to do 2 more as a duo - should be cool actually and we seem to get better results together somehow.

The way I see it is that you don't need any help for this era, and me neither wheras I can help you with the all-time ones and you can help me with the current players ones. But although I'd rather just do the two more together rather than give up my solo drafting regularly, I don't mind if you want to make this one of the two we do together. I might or might not do the next current one alone if you don't want to team up for that, but really don't mind sitting it out anyway. I'm guessing you'd like a go at the all-time Sheep Draft as a pair again, but if you'd prefer this one and the current players draft that's also cool by me.

Anyway, I'll leave it up to you to let me know what you think....

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Count me in.... if it starts after the 26th.

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I'll need to figure out how the hell this works as well but count me in. It's been ages since I've done a draft.

6. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    okay i am in.

Just curious: have anyone thought of how to incorporate trading a player in this draft? Two scenarios come to mind, havent thought about the criteria to award each scenario however :(

first, obviously you probably couldnt trade a goat to someone else, but what if you could trade a player say Suarez for Shearer (because you are Moyesing and GWAC needs to have good headers of the ball)

second, an opportunity to trade a sheep for a stronger player out of a pool of some sort.

just thought i would suggest some variations for future possible consideration (if they havent been suggested before)

7. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Count me in.

8. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Also confirmed in are

@Michaelf7777777
    @PDG1978
    @lanman
    @Excape Goat
    @Sammer's Hammer
    @Teso Dos Bichos
    @Vasu
    @Bestie

and potentially fraser. That's 16 confirmed participants which is a good number.

I am looking to start in a week and a half to give Excape and stud time to participate; based on that we would probably be 2/3rd done by end-May.

Excape Goat repped this.
  10. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Just a random idea but I guess fraser and Stud could even do a combined team. But more like Cevno and Republic of Mancunia did last time (Cevno pulled out and RoM took over) than what me and thebigman might do.

That's if the start date was ok for Excape but not for either of them.... Maybe the start date could be a week rather than a week and a half in that case?

I dunno though, Stud maybe said a week and a half is ok since his original post..... And fraser's girlfriend will probably announce that they can go on holiday at Christmas instead so he can take part in the draft:ROFLMAO:.....

11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pdg deinitely the all time one, maybe this one we can do alone?

12. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ok cool - we'll do next years all-time one and the next current players one (think lanman said that'd be sometime after the World Cup) together then if you like.

thebigman repped this.
  13. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Ok. That sounds doable. We fly out on Tuesday 27th May.

Count me in. :thumbsup:

14. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  15. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    I will have limited availability between April 25 and May 3 and fully available starting May 4.

16. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have a request. To avoid this dragging out, which has been known before on these drafts, any chance we can do 24 hour pick time across the board for all picks and all rounds?

What does everyone else think?

Or should we do 48 hour first pick and 24 on subsequent picks?

17. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    I don't see a problem going 24 per pick (other than Round 1), providing the next round criteria is released after the 1st pick of the previous round. That would give 3 days for research before the first pick is needed - that should be ample.

My drafts have always been 48-24-24 with Saturdays ignored, and last around 7 weeks. The real drag is getting tactics up and voting in.

18. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Congratulations, but do they not have the internet where you're going? I'm sure she won't mind.

frasermc repped this.
  19. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

benni... repped this.
  20. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oooooooooooo....what are you getting at.:cautious:

21. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Yes. I think it makes sense to also set hard deadlines for tactics and voting. Something like 5 days for tactics after last round + 5 days for voting. Should be plenty of time - most of player research should be done beforehand anyways.

22. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I am thinking of starting the first round on the 20th but with an extended deadline until the 27th so that Excape can make his first pick. Second pick deadlines for round 1 are the 30th of April and 1st of May.

And we go to a regular schedule of 48-24-24 hours after that with no changes for the weekend.

23. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Any preferences to whether the draft should be set up here or on the BG forum?

24. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Right, Im in but will probably need a partner since I have a few really busy weeks of work in the next two to six weeks. Anyone looking for a draft partner?