Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    She was born in Yokosuka and played in Yokosuka Seagulls, the predecessor of Yokohama FC Seagulls, until the end of her junior high days.
    I think she returned to her hometown, since Yokohama FC Seagulls was newly founded as a club aiming for Nadeshiko League.

blissett, dakota701 and hirohiro repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Who is the girl in the second pic, the one with the disturbing kami? Chiaki Shimada?

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    From Pitchsidereport and Flickr (through Virany's Tumblr page :)):

This was definitely after the match (see socks and shin guards), and Rumi smiles! :)

[​IMG]

Looking at her blog also, it seems like the main technical progress Naho already made in Seattle, after just a few weeks, is her increasing ability in making faces! :laugh:

[​IMG]

ndsk120, Gromit06 and blesstherebel repped this.
  4. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    The squads are structured to include USA, Canada and Mexico players across the league, and the internationals or discovery (non drafted) players come after that. But the coach cannot be handcuffed as to team selection. After all, it was an English player (Little) who scored their first two goals. Look also at Sky Blue, Kiryu started while at least one "home" international (Ocampo) sat on the bench.

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey, BtR, talking about gorgeousness and talent, what about you new avatar? :) You definitely converted to Naho? :laugh:

6. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    For now at least. I prefer having an avatar of my own making, but the picture struck me and I was bored of my old one (as evocative as it was) but I haven't had the time to really even plan out any new ideas, let alone make a thing. Even in my break, I don't get a break...

So for now, what better than a smile that not even the gleam of the sun can trump. :D

7. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    She also had some health issues that she needed to treat. I would guess that she went home to take care of her health and thenstarted back with her hometown club to get back in the game.

8. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    About INAC, they used the same names of last game, but this time Rika Masuya played at the playmaker position (the Ji position :x3:) and Tanayo was left forward, Takase at center and Kyokawa at right oposed to the game before with Tanayo at midfield ant Kyokawa, Takase and Masuya (from left to right).

Masuya looked more involved in the game and give INAC the transition and continuity that Tanayo failed in the two games before, Tanayo as left forward looked more involved in the game, playing good and even droping to link with the midfield and the left SB.

Overall Masuya was the answer to the the lack of link in INAC's midfielf helped with overall better performances of the SB going better to offensive.

Takase was Takase and Kyokawa showed the same of the earlier matches (good plays but lack of finish, what happened to the River Dance Kyo of 2012 who was starter and the top scorer of INAC).

Nevertheless the two Masuya goals were from dead balls and not from the game play, but at least the coach is starting to find the roles to take advantage of the young talents of INAC.

GunnerTNB, unepomme and blissett repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way, I wouldn't mind having this gleaming Naho's photo for myself! :p Where did you find it, BtR?

10. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Ji So-yun brought some teammates to a Korean supermarket in London :)

[​IMG]

ndsk120 and blissett repped this.
  11. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    And others... Soyun teaching them...

[​IMG]

blissett repped this.
  12. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    mmm.... kimchi...?
    -

13. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I found it browsing through several photosets on Facebook. I'll make your life a tad bit easier than that. :D

blissett repped this.
  14. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not familiar with Chiaki. Is she the one in this photo with Hara? I think this is who is pictured with Dream Ear.
    Hara and.jpg

blissett repped this.
  15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Yes, she is Shimada Chiaki.

blissett and TabascoT repped this.
  16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I hear the coach of Seattle says that she tried a formation without Naho because she will be absent in May.
    So it seems that at least she can join the Nadeshiko squad in the Asian Cup.

Gromit06, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #3942 blissett, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    This is double good news: 1) Naho is considered anyway an important player in Seattle, even if she didn't start last sunday; 2) most importantly, Kawasumi (and, I dare to say, also other Senior National Team's starters) should be there to fight for the AFC Asian title in May! As I said before, even if there weren't FIFA official dates involved, I can't believe that JFA didn't anyway negotiate directly with the clubs instead, to have them release their players in that time of the year... This tournament is no joke, it's qualifier for WWC 2015, and I am sure Nadeshiko Japan will be able to bring its best team to the competition!

18. 猫に小判

猫に小判 Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Kagoshima, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    from Seattle Japanese-American newspaper..

[​IMG]

19. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    someone posted the Lyon - MHSC goals on YouTube... I am alone in thinking the goalkeeping was almost laughably bad..? (Or maybe I am being uncharitable... the Montpellier defense did seem to play very high up the pitch)

blesstherebel repped this.
  20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    One of ndsk120 finds

21. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    At the start of the Seattle's match the commentator said Naho will be absent most of May to play for NT.

blissett repped this.
  22. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Solène Durand is 19 years old, she was the U19 NT GK at last Euro won by France, she even was the captain in Final because Griedge M'Bock Bathy (future greatest CD in the world, mark my word) was absent. Durand is one of the most promising French player. But yes, obviously, she was not in a very good day. But let's say too that her defense was particularly apathic... Anyway, don't judge her on this match only, she is really talented and was fantastic at last U19 Euro. I hope she will prove it this summer at the U20 WC ;)

23. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    We all have a 'bad day at the office' I guess.... she does have a rather alarming tendency to wander very far from the goal, though.... :D. I will certainly watch out for her at the U20....

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why the referee didn't point out that OL's GK jersey (I suppose it was Bouhaddi) was quite easy to confuse with MHSC's jersey, at least from a distance? o_O Ok, it was also a question of the video being taken against the light, but I swear that, in some of the 2nd half's action I wondered for a moment why a Montpellier player was kicking a powerful drive into her own half of the picth...

Lol, I like to think that what makes you into a super-star player is also this will to play with the ball (child-like, playful, careless play) in whatever moment, like at the end of a pre-match warm-up... :giggle:

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mumf, is it an avatar-changing season? First it was BtR, then it was your turn?

And tell me, this Photon-Naomoto + Otaki picture means that you are slowly changing allegiance, just as you were half-jokingly accusing And G to do last season? :sneaky: Are you becoming an actual Urawa-fan? You were captured by (oh, my god! :eek:) WADA-POWA? :laugh:

And G repped this.