2014 FIFA WORLD CUP (EA Sports)

Discussion in 'Games' started by HomietheClown, Feb 8, 2014.

1. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hence the reason why it should be a DLC and not a full blown release which leads people to believe that it's brand new as opposed to "revamped"

2. mastermoo

mastermoo Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    The point is every FIFA is a 'revamp' by that standard, so its ridiculous to single out World Cup, which unlike other FIFA's is actually a different game

3. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't want to turn this into a hate thread, but you clearly don't know the difference between copy/paste "changes" and actually new development. Enjoy the game and have fun!

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    They tried DLC for Euro 2012 and it did not work well.
    Maybe if they find a way to improve upon it that could be a solid option.
    For now a new game is best.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #30 HomietheClown, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    In FIFA it seems to me that so many people want to play with Real Madrid and Barcelona Online and bunker defensively and counter- attack.

Monotonous and boring to the ultimate degree.

In World Cup though...
    ...sure you will have a lot of people who play with Spain and Brazil.
    But you also have a lot of people who select Germany, Mexico, USA, England, Argentina , Holland, France, Colombia, Portugal, etc.

Just seems to be more diverse within teams selected and more variety of playing styles when compared to the FIFA Online idiots.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    April 15th can't come soon enough.

7. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have to say it does look epic

mastermoo repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  9. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think one of the things that would be hard to write into the AI would be having the NT coaches assess the situation for qualifying into their selection for the specific game. Let's say that team X has 6 points from 2 games, a key player is carrying a yellow, and there is no chance that they're not going to qualify and keep the first position. I would think a coach may decide to rest that key player for the second round game. Not so in all previous EA sports FIFA games that I've played. They trot out their best eleven usually, regardless of the situation.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That is why I just usually play online.

11. santi1196

santi1196 New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
  12. mastermoo

mastermoo Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks amazing

HomietheClown repped this.
  13. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that this isn't coming out for the next gen consoles is killing me! Wish you could play ps3 games on the ps4...

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I feel for you and all the others who pulled the trigger on Next Gen consoles.

I was going to do the same thing but had a gut feeling not to do it. Mostly cause of money but also cause of lack game selection.

15. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah my 360 is over seven years old and on life support. Constant over heating, and loud noises. It was done. That's why I shelled out the 400. The graphics are unreal. Just sucks cause the World Cup games are by far my favorite...

16. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting this on day 1. 2010 World Cup was one of the best FIFA games ever made IMO, to the point where I'm even popping it in at times even 4 years later. 2014 FIFA World Cup is looking to be just as good, if not better, and that's quite an accomplishment (of course, judgement will be reserved until I actually start playing it).

Also, here's what's been revealed regarding the locations the fans will be celebrating in when the cutscenes pan back to the home countries:

• National Mall - Washington DC
    • Arc de Triumph - Paris
    • Brandenburg Gate - Berlin
    • Trafalgar Square - London
    • Colosseum - Rome
    • St. Basil's Cathedral/Red Square - Moscow
    • Walls of Dubrovnik - Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • National Congress Building - Buenos Aires
    • Opera House - Sydney
    • Zocalo - Mexico City
    • Copacabana Beach/Sugarloaf Mountain - Rio
    • Bolivar Square - Bogota
    These have been revealed either in EA by press release, or show up briefly in some of their teaser trailers. Will be interesting to see how they do the cutscenes for the smaller nations (Matt Prior says that EVERY nation will have these, wonder what it would look like if they do a cutscene in Aruba for example)

Also, some Story of Qualifying scenarios:

• Recreate Sweden's comeback vs. Germany. Down 4-0, come back to make it 4-4
    • Beat the French as Spain to secure automatic qualification as the Spanish
    • Recreate Colombia's comeback vs. Chile to secure qualification
    • Be a pro with Jamaican keeper Donovan Ricketts: Shut out Mexico at the Azteca in the first match of the hex
    • The Snowclassico is already in there, but as the US, REALLY take advantage of the conditions and make the victory one sided
    • Down 2-1 to Honduras, see if you can rewrite history by coming back as Mexico to avoid embarrassment.
    Just thinking about this game makes my mouth water. (Also, hoping the denim kit from '94 is in the EASFC Catalogue :D :D)

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    There's going to be a lot of celebrating in DC and Bogota when I pop in the game into my xbox in April. :D

18. mastermoo

mastermoo Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Demo just came out

Playable teams:
    Mexico, Brazil, USA, England, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, or Ivory Coast

Though is just as rough as all of FIFA's demos...

19. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a leak...

Appears that the USA has a classic kit in the EASFC catalogue for this game! The kit very similar to what the USA wore in 1950

mastermoo and HomietheClown repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Just a couple more days.

I am psyched.

21. BeloHorizante

BeloHorizante Member

May 27, 2005
    Couple of interesting notes on the leaked kits:

1) They show two sets of homes and aways for Bosnia, but both of them are Legea kits. Not a huge surprise, since their deal with Adidas doesn't kick in until right before the tournament, and most likely there are no leaks and there was no time for it to be designed. Still, it's a little surprising Adidas didn't try to get them to create a generic Adidas template since…..

2) For all of the extra kits they have for all of the teams, they are all either kits produced by the same manufacturer, or they go back so far that they don't show any manufacturer's label. Not a huge deal for countries like the US or Germany who have been with their current supplier for ages, but it's a little weird for countries like France and England, who are historically tied to Adidas and Umbro, respectively. I totally get why it is done--Nike certainly doesn't want anyone winning the WC with either of those teams in another brand's kit, even in a video game. That's just why #1 is a bit surprising.

3) This is more a pet peeve than anything. They show a total of 6 uniforms for the US, but unfortunately, they show the new away kit being worn with blue shorts, rather than red. Every image the Nike/US Soccer has released has shown red shorts, they wore red shorts vs. Mexico, and they are only selling red shorts on their website. It is possible that they could alternate, but this would seem unlikely, given that Nike has tended to go basically mono color for this World Cup. Even if that is the case, you'd think EA would have defaulted towards the "primary" short color being red.

22. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I take back saying the game would suck. Its amazing

23. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    So they completely botched the CONCACAF qualifying. You can either A: play the actual schedule or B: have incredibly imbalanced groups by the Semifinal Round. I saw Suriname and Bermuda get byes to the same Semifinal Group when I created a custom schedule. You have no control over the teams, other than the 5 minnow games in Round 1, and every other position, including the teams with a bye to the Semifinal Round get randomly assigned.

Leave it to Canadians to make a football game with no clue about their own confederation. Actually, really I shouldn't expect anything less from a game made in Canada.

I suppose it is a minor quibble, and otherwise it seems like a bit of an improvement in gameplay over FIFA 14.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The game is as great as I thought it would be.

One interesting thing I noticed is a neutral type of quit if both players agree to quit. Seems like a cool idea if there is stuttering lag.

Another thing I like is that at the end of the game you don't have to watch celebrations you can leave anytime you want.

To add to the list of negatives I don't like the list of players Colombia has. There's a couple of missing players who will probably make the World Cup who are not in the game. Their Canadian research team has to do a better job as NMMatt implies. :p

ttrevett repped this.