Boxing Round 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by soccernutter, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How plausible does this sound on mayweathers next bouts:

Maidana, khan, Garcia. ...Pacquiao??

Ehh ehh?

2. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Nothing new from your post Swag Flu, all of which I have already commented on.

Anwyays not really boxing related, but since you are Mexican, I thought you might like this article written by Mexican writer Gustavo Gutiérrez-Mercado who is based in Mexico City, about our other famous world class sportsman:

http://afootballreport.com/post/79356457375/dissecting-paulino-barcas-first-and-the

"Alongside boxer Manny Pacquiao, Paulino Alcántara is the most talented sportsman the Philippines has given to the world."

Messi finally broke Alcantara's record for most goals scored for Barcelona FC last week after 87 years.

[​IMG]

Swag Flu repped this.
  3. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Anybody know where to stream Pacquiao vs Bradley tomorrow? a good connection that wont freeze or get cut

4. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Well Manny won by a unanimous decision in an entertaining match with Bradley. No help from the judges this time for Tim.

I think we fans should start harassing Mayweather so he will step up to the table and fight Manny. I can't believe we will be deprived of the best fight of this era, because of both boxer's inability to compromise.

5. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    good dominant performance from pacquiao. The fans have been nagging the Mayweather vs Pacquiao match to happen for some time. Doesnt seem to be working.

6. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally Manny does something meaningful in a while. Even though I didn't get to watch the fight due to blogging on the Galaxy-Whitecaps game. Will take a look via archives.

7. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More so Mayweather than Manny. When Manny was on top he was willing to split the purse 51-49 but Mayweather laughed thinking he was still the top fighter. He knows maanny is the only real competition so why jeopardize a perfect record?

8. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    I agree. I think that Showtime will also pressure Mayweather into agreeing to fight Manny, especially if the ratings don't improve(just like the Guerrero match where the promotion was rumored to have lost money) with any other potential opponents who will be overmatched by Floyd. There are no longer any fighters with big fan bases like Canelo to rely on. If I were a fan, I wouldn't watch any more of Floyd's fights until he agrees to the match with Manny to increase the pressure.

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    #159 riverplate, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

Klitschko KOs Leapai to Retain Belts - ESPN
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...sily-kos-alex-leapai-retain-heavyweight-belts

10. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    thoughts on last nights fight? (Maidana vs Mayweather)

11. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    #161 riverplate, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

Stiverne Drops Arreola for WBC Heavyweight Belt - ESPN
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...reola-wins-heavyweight-world-title?src=mobile

12. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    #162 riverplate, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    IBF Orders Mandatory Klitschko Fight vs. Kubrat Pulev - ESPN
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...o-ordered-make-mandatory-defense-kubrat-pulev

13. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Mayweather decided to match Maidana's style and got punished for it. If he decided to box instead, the results would have been different. Floyd still won but lost a lot of credibility because of the closeness of the match.

Jaweirdo repped this.
  14. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
  15. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  16. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    #166 Pelefan, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    Yeah medically the only other reason I can think of is a bacterial or viral rash, which is highly unlikely and will come with other symptoms that will prevent him from fighting. Very suspicious indeed.

17. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    apparently they didn't have drug testing for this fight either, and Max Kellerman also voiced his doubts behind scenes with some web series interviewer. On another note, I really don't wish to see another Pac- Marquez fight, I've had enough of those. Nor do I care for a Pac vs Ruslan fight, or a Mayweather- Maidana rematch or a Mayweather-Khan. Pac Mayweather damnit.

18. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Pac just signed a 2 year contract with Arum so the chances of an agreement with Pac and Mayweather has just diminished tremendously. Next fight for Pac is Marquez if Marquez agrees to it. I think they are doing it in Macau to avoid US taxes and Arum says they wouldn't be as dependent on PPV because of the site fees they will receive over there. VADA random testing should be required for this match if this pushes through.

19. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention his training was involved with the baseball doping saga....

Jaweirdo repped this.
  20. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    That is why Conte wants Heredia investigated. This is even worse than the biking scandal in the Tour de France, since boxing involves hurting other people and not just yourself.

Jaweirdo repped this.
  21. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  22. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Yeah I am thinking of sending this articles and video to Senator McCain so he can use it to convince Congress to forge a change in how boxing is run in this country. Anybody here from Arizona?

23. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Marquez and Pacquiao five takes place. Both fighters should just admit they're doping and get on with it in Macau. It's so painfully obvious what they're doing.

24. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You do realize Conte was the man who taught Ariza about PEDs? If you can raise suspicion about Marquez using them. Don't turn a blind eye on Pacquiao. The guilty by association applies to both fighters.