LDU Quito, Part 3 (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by Gourcuff_07, Nov 26, 2010.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm very pleased with what I saw as well, but we need to remain calm and not get ahead of ourselves. Let's see how this team functions when it really counts. It seems like Zubeldia is a coach that likes a lot of one touch and quick release of the ball...as he did in BSC. I saw a very aggressive Liga in the first half and lots of the young kids like Intriago and Canga left an extremely great impression on the fans (especially all of us who never saw these kids until today- which is ALL of the fans). All I have to say is that if I were Esteban Paz and Zubeldia, I'd call off signing another foreigner....we don't even need another center back. Save the money. I can tell Zubeldia has more than enough in defense than what some of us may believe. It's most likely our strongest point. Luis Luna is being used as a center back...I thought that kid had lost himself w/ Bauza last year b/c he played horribly although he finished off the 2012 season pretty well and seemed like he was going to be a starter for 2013. I hope Zubeldia brings him back slowly but surely.

To conclude I'll leave it at this....let's not be surprised if this season the unknown and not so popular juveniles beat the Diego Calderon's, Felix Borja's, Saritama's, Vera's, and Chucho Bolanos out of the starting 11. I told you guys, this generation of Liga's youth is another story compared to what we had a few years ago. It's no coincidence that Liga's reserve team (which includes a great majority of these juveniles) went to the Reserve campeonato final with none other than Independiente this 2013...we lost the final, but since the team was built w/ lots of these new young faces we saw today, it's pretty comforting to know we have a future. This team is a go and I think it's in the right hands, but like I said let's not get ahead of ourselves. In 6 months we can give a full analysis of Liga and in 2 months we'll have a good idea of where we are headed. Good luck to the 2014 team!!

PS: Not a fan of the jerseys. It's rumored this year it was designed by Umbro Ecuador and not the international umbro designers (from england)....looks ugly but screw it. I'd rather have an ugly jersey and play good than have a awesome looking one like last season and play like crap.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not a bad job by Zubeldia so far....a month has gone by almost and I feel like Liga progresses every time. We haven't lost at home so IMO that's a huge step from last season. We've tied twice at home which still isn't considered good at all, but defensively this team has improved by a lot and with new young blood from the canteras. Alfredo Intriago seems like he has the talent to become the next Pato Urrutia. The kid plays like he's been doing this for years and he's only 17. And to think we didn't even know of his existence last season. As mediocre as Hidalgo is and as old as Vera is, Intriago makes up for it playing next to them. I'd go as far as saying that Hidalgo and Vera don't look as bad as they did last season. Gabriel Corozo defensively is doing great, few mistakes here and there but still a fundamental piece in this squad and it's very hard to get passed him...offensively he needs to improve though, i think that's where he's screwing up a bit but overall good job. Luis Canga, I have the same opinion about him that I do about Intriago....plays very maturely for his age. Still has a way to go but he has what it takes to become a very important defender for Liga. Right now it's hard for him to lose his spot the way he's playing. Once Canga is polished with more games under his belt he'll be a monster. Hansel Batalla is slowly breaking into the starting team. Very interesting player, bien encarador, although he needs to work on not losing posession....can't wait to see him when he's polished completely as well.

Bien Profe Zubeldia....let's keep this going baby!!! That's what I want to see!!! The results will come, let's all just be patient and let him work.

4. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    to bad ibarra left i would have loved to seen what zubeldia could have done with him i think he only made one appearance so far as a sub with catholica as far as other players who didnt get a chance with bauza what happened with guitierez,posligua, havent heard anything on mercado lately and that kid castillo who went with on trial with udinesse it think he might be 17 now hope he makes it to primera with liga soon

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Luis Canga has been my favorite to watch these past games. Dude looks really solid in defense. IMO a lot better than many other older guys in "big" teams. Still has a lot to learn which is very exciting for Ecuador.

Corozo IMO has been struggling a bit when I watch him. Seems to be taking care of himself so he doesn't get hurt lol. Still, crazy how good he is at his age too. Haven't noticed many other yet but thanks for pointing them out.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ibarra is a dumb kid. He made the decision to leave and it was plain obvious he was going to eat sh*t (i'm sorry, eat bench) in U. Catolica. He isn't benching the Patta brothers or Diego Benitez. He's not benching Jonathan De la Cruz nor Facundo Martinez. Obviously, if he had a brain, he would have thought that out. In Liga his only real tough competitors were Chucho Bolanos and Matamoros. Zubeldia even told him to stay but since he's a dumb kid he's going to learn his lesson and waste a year of his career. Remember he said he wanted to go to Catolica b/c he wasn't going to get opportunities in Liga? No one ever denied him opportunities....Zubeldia said STAY, you're going to get your chance to play. And once he left and was in U. Catolica for a week or two he was saying that he doesn't want to be there anymore b/c he misses Liga and begged to come back....stupid kid.

Posligua is still in Liga but playing for the reserves. I think he's not in Zubeldia's plans. Gutierrez isn't in Zubeldia's plans either, i actually think his contract w/ Liga is over he might not even be there anymore.

As far as Mercado, Zubeldia would give him minutes but since he's leaving in June I think Zubeldia prefers to give those minutes to Hansel Batallas and begin to mold him into the first team like he's been doing. Gabriel Corozo is also leaving in June but he's the best in his position which is why he still plays all games as a starter. In Mercado's position, we got plenty options which is why Zubeldia is opting for Batallas, Bolanos, Matamoros, and cachete Morales.

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    such a shame and i hate the fact that we buy so many foreigners all teams in general imagine if the whole serie a didn't have foreigners our games would be a lot more interesting and we would have a lot less problems i honestly don't think ledesma and morales will make that much of an impact or even need them at all it would be nice if mercado got playing time before going to grenada hes leaving at the end of the season right i think he needs it and corozo as well o and i completly for got about arboleda

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Zubeldia told Arboleda that he wasn't in his plans for this season. He thinks Arboleda is a good player but that it's tough for him to get playing time in Liga. That's why Zubeldia got Esteban to sign Balbi. I think Ledesma and Morales haven't done a thing yet, but in reality we got to give them more time and not rush it. But just like you, I doubt they win a starting spot over the kids playing this season. Mercado will play very little if anything. Zubeldia doesn't consider him much b/c he knows Mercado is going to leave in June so instead he's spending his time and these games developing Hansel Batalla. I'm with Zubeldia on that one.

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dang it. I missed the game today cause of work. Anyone watched it? How did Liga do? Thanks!

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I saw it. Liga did better than Quito in the 2nd half. First half was even...boring on both sides. Defensively Liga is strong but we need goals and creativity. I don't know when Cachete Morales is going to get better from whatever injury he has and finally get on the field. I'd like to see what he can offer. Liga deserved to win if Araujo hadn't screwed it up in the box at the end and given away that penalty. F*ckin hate D. Quito they always screw our day up at the end.

Hansel Batalla IMO should start over Matamoros from what I've seen in the past few games. I think he'll win his spot eventually if Matamoros doesn't step it up.

11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    mercado just recovered from an injury he had and might be in the starting line up along borja

12. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nice win by Liga even though it's Cuenca (pure trash). Saw a little of the first half but most of the 2nd. Moving the ball better but that defense falls asleep at the end.

13. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We fell flat on our face vs. Emelec. I think we need one more season under Zubeldia to really allow the system to work.

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He's a really great coach. He's part of the new process/generation of "most promising upcoming coaches" in Argentina. Over there lots of commentators see him as a very strong future candidate to coach the Argentine NT and I don't doubt one bit he'll get to that status in a few years. He has tons of potential. What he's doing in Liga isn't going to happen all at once, but whether he finishes this process or not I know we are going to look back in the future and say "he planted the seed" for this team to get to where I believe they'll get to.

IMO what he's doing for Liga isn't going to show off in short-term or even long-term, but some where in between. Liga isn't too close or too far away from reaching the consistency and performance levels that people want to see. I saw 4 really great games Liga played in a row this season, most of them displaying very fast paced, precise, and vertical futbol. And the last 2-3 games we've played we ended up suffering due to one bad game by Luis Canga (who btw has been impeccable this season w/ the exception of one game) and the other a not so convenient line up Zubeldia put on the field vs. Emelec. With the exception of those 2-3 games, Liga has had a really solid defense. IMO one of the best of the campeonato, if not the best. The 4 games where we started clicking, I noticed Liga's main issue is that we don't have a good #9 which IMO is the only real issue on this team. In those 4 games, we generated plenty of opportunities to score playing good futbol and Borja (especially), Matmoros, and Bolanos could not put the ball in the net.

From the foreigners I'd say Luciano Balbi is doing ok. He's solid defensively, but he needs to project himself up more. Ledesma is the best of the foreigners. He compliments Hidalgo well since he has better vision and touch on the ball. Enrique Vera is only good for 20 minutes, especially against fast rivals such as Emelec as clearly seen this weekend...he can't handle that intensity anymore. Araujo is doing just fine. Bolanos has 2 good games and then he falls off on the third- i think that's a bit concerning that he can't maintain his level. Matamoros is good, but I think he's better off the bench. Kevin Mercado is the best we have up front along with Luis Congo. Both very fast players with great skill.

I think Zubeldia should go back to the 3-4-2-1

Dominguez; Canga, Araujo, Calderon; Madrid (Intriago), Hidalgo, Ledesma, Corozo (Balbi); Bolanos, Mercado; Congo

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I can't believe yesterday's game. I watched till the 2nd goal and thought that Liga might win it (they were playing well). Then I saw that it ended in a tie. Seriously Liga?

Don't know what the heck is going on with Liga (or the whole league). More like I can't figure out what is wrong anymore. The whole league is looking terrible and Liga can't have a good, consistent game. What ever Chiriboga is doing is pissing me off. MLS has better soccer. Damn what a shame.

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Zubeldia was pissssssed as hell today. Damn....that's probably about as angry as all us liguistas are inside lately. He went off on the players in front of everyone. This shows me Zubeldia cares and that he's working hard. I'll continue supporting him because I know he's a great coach but the players need to change their attitude. I don't know what it is but they slipped up the last 4 games big time. Before that Liga was playing better every week, but they need to pick themselves back up. Aguante la U and Zubeldia!

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dang. He was really mad. Didn't see the game today but I like Zubeldia too. Results aren't showing up yet but it's not like we have talent yet. I trust his development.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    finally we f*cking won!!!! dammit that took way too long!

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i only saw the last couple of minute how was it from what i saw it seem like they got better at holding the ball up field and creating more plays i saw independiente score the second goal and was having flash back of the game versus olmedo lol

20. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    ive been watching that kid walter chavez a lot lately he is 20 now and has played in the reserves for quite some time now and has done ok at that level i wanna start seeing this kid play with the first squad he is our only option for a future replacement as of now. some possible keepers in the future would be brian heras from cuenca but he fighting for second spot gk along with hamilton piedra to me brian has more of a chance making it and darwin cuero who is riding bench in el nacional any other young keepers that come to mind not at all

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hopefully we can snap the bad luck of this season and start stringing together some consistency in the league. We've got pieces to be very competitive- all we need is the luck and confidence. HUEVOSSSS

22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah. The past 2 to 3 games seems like Liga has improved a lot. This weeks game though against D. Quito was the best I've seen Liga play in a while.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    so Balbi and Eduardo Ledesma are out this season hurtado took over balbi spot the last couple of games i havent seen him play and did even know he could play left back but im kinda glad hes playing i thought he should be the one to since he doesnt get to much playing time with us mercado and corozo are leaving to there is a chance vera might leave but since ledesma is out i think he should stay players like reasco, ambrosi, luna, i think should leave maybe even arboleda to since he doesnt play im suprised beto hasn't gotten injured this season so he should be fine for the next one

24. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    dam it !!! we lost 2 zip to paul velezs technico universitario zubeldia put this as the starting line up i wonder who else came in glad to see chavez and hurtado starting
    ----------------------W.Chávez--------------------------
    N.Reasco----N.Araujo------ K.Hurtado---- D.Calderón
    ----------------E.Vera------- F.Hidalgo------------------
    D.Morales ------------L.Bolaños----------H.Matamoros
    ------------------------D.Hurtado-------------------------

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We just signed Gerardo Alcoba who was a center back for Colon de Santa Fe in Argentina. I've heard only good things about him so far so hopefully he adapts quickly in Liga and is ready to play once the campeonato initiates.

And more good news! Liga has offered for Bieler and Matias Perez Garcia (beast #10) and they rejected the first offer but we are going to give it one more try. We need to cross our fingers for both of these to go through especially Matias Perez Garcia. That little guy is a monster and would change the face of our team. Alex Colon seems like a very distant possibility and personally it doesn't seem as interesting as it used to to me.