FC Kansas City vs Skyblue April 12, 2014

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by Forgedias, Apr 11, 2014.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It is unbelievable that he won't play Melissa Henderson. Hey Vlatko, if you don't want to play Henderson, trade her or release her and let her go play for Waldrum in Houston.

What a waste to let that kid rot on the bench.

2. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Yeah I really hope FCKC does not try to go for an Abby, fast speedster on her wing clone system. Its why i wondered why he even drafted Morgan Marlborough in the first place since she doesn't fit his system. And he used a 2nd round draft pick so it has to be a fairly high priority to try this out for FCKC which I flat out think will be a bust.

As for Melissa, I think after this season, she needs to leave FCKC and find a new home, like you said Mrad12, Waldrum would welcome her back. She doesn't deserve to be treated like this, especially after all the work she did last year for FCKC. I mean Liz Bogus over Melissa? Really? She should of been the sub not the starter. You don't bring a free agent in and then have her sub plant your starter like this.

3. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't really like the 442. I was wondering if anybody else noticed they might have returned to a 4231 late in the game?

Morgan Marlborough is the classic fit for the 4231. I am actually more confused by the idea of Henderson or ARod or anybody else being used for a target striker.

I would like to see Anton move forward with Tymrak, Holiday, & ARod across the 3 front. The connection between Holiday & ARod was obvious, it was just unfortunate that it was primarily ARod on the end of Holiday through balls. If you get a target striker like Marlborough or later Hagen at the top of that formation, she can hold up the play and allow the three front to combine in more consequential areas of the pitch.