Cementeros 2014

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by Monkeyboy2000, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oh my guurd woman. Go punch yoself!!!

I haven't watched every game this season. But the ones that I have watched he's been nothing less than stellar.

LGRod repped this.
  2. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have been trying to watch most games this year since my saturdays have been more free. Just hope we finish this year with a championship :cry:

3. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    metalmaster and Swag Flu repped this.
  4. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The passes that led to the Gimenez gol were just lovely.

Paul Calixte and Otaku repped this.
  5. Cementera4

Cementera4 Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Dallas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
  6. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm guessing we keep him. I don't think Emana will be around. It's a waste to use up a foreign slot on a guy you keep in the bench. Chaco is starting to wear out. We need as many options as possible up in the attacking third.

Azul88, Swag Flu and Otaku repped this.
  7. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Two copas coming up?

:cautious:

8. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Sorry for being Captain Obvious :x3:

But if yall win this, it's time to change that sig...

9. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  10. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Quick thoughts on the game -

1) They finally managed to hang on for the win. (well, the draw, but they got what they needed.) And lets face it, how many of you guys thought they were going to blow it after Toluca got the tying goal.

2) Never heard so much griping on the away-goals rule and it being an ugly way to win a championship. Personally, don't really care. Rather have an ugly win than a great game that results in elimination (vis-a-vis the final against America).

3) Watching the players celebrate after the game really brings home how much this 'curse' thing was in their heads. (yes I'm using the past tense here as I'm really hoping this helps them move on from that). Even Rojas mentioned the thing about the curse being lifted and he hasn't even been here all that long. Hopefully now they'll have the confidence to win these types of championship matches.

4) I really really hate the way Cruz Azul basically gave away the mid-field and played to defend most the second half. They got away with it this time but this is really playing with fire. Wish they could hold the midfield a bit better.

5) Looking forward to the Liguilla matches.

11. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah I didn't like giving possession to Toluca, we were dominating before, really dominating. Once we sat back you knew it was a matter of time before they scored and then it was nail biting time and hope we hang on for the W. I would rather have gone for the kill.

El Mariachi repped this.
  12. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps 4 had to do with 3...I hope they got the curse out of their systems and will handle future situations with more composure. Otherwise, this liguilla's going to be painful.

El Mariachi repped this.
  13. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Leon can be a truly nasty opponent. They stumbled into the Liguilla but man Montes and 'Gulit' are going to be tough to handle. I'm hoping Tena gets Cruz Azul to focus on getting an away goal.

14. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not too bad a game. I gotta admit Leon's set up and shot that led to their gol was nice.

15. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Still giving away possession :thumbsdown:

16. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we better not tie 0-0 at home, I want to win dammit

Otaku repped this.
  17. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Mariachi repped this.
  18. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Speaking of Cruz Azul Hidalgo being essentially sold off to Zacatepec, I was reading some of the reasoning posted behind the move and I must admit, it sounds a bit confusing.

Point 1 states that "la FemexFut apostará por ligas con promedio de edad de 25.1" which includes Segunda Division where Cruz Azul Jasso currently plays in the Liga Premier. LP basically is already an under-23 league with only a limited number of players aged 23. Don't know how old that rule is but the Cruz Azul statement makes it sound like they (Cruz Azul) are going to focus on these U-23 players. I don't quite understand what they mean by saying it's Femexut that's going to do something with these leagues. They could have just said We (Cruz Azul) are going to focus on these U-23 leagues.

Point 2 makes the most sense - in 1995 clubs were required to field a team in Primera A and that is no longer the case.

Point 3 is the most believable - "ajustes presupuestales". Basically they didn't want to spend on that team anymore and they can make a quick buck selling the team to Zacatepec. Sucks for the players, but whatever.

Now we get to Point 4 - "Con el campeonato obtenido por Cruz Azul Jasso como Campéon de Copa de Segunda División, será registrado con derecho al ascenso en la siguiente temporada". So basically, now Cruz Azul Jasso can move up to Ascenso MX.

To me, that means they would want Cruz Azul Jasso to move up to Ascenso MX. Even though they are no longer required to have a team there (see Point 2), even though they are betting on the U-23 leagues like Segunda Division (see Point 1). Well then what? Once Cruz Azul Jasso moves up to Ascenso MX do you sell that team as well and then focus on Cruz Azul Dublan ?

El Mariachi repped this.
  19. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  20. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ojala algo elegante. Que no la mamen con algo naco....

22. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was hoping we would get moved to Nike, but hey, its better than Warrior

Otaku repped this.
  23. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    New jersey looks like a lighter shade of blue.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/mexico/noticias/2014/05/27/nuevo-patrocinador-vestira-a-la-maquina

Also, it appears we will be in Concachampions once again thanks to Leon making another final. Here's a link to that -
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...1/se-cuela-cruz-azul-a-proxima-concachampions

And of course, since we are in three competitions (Concachampions, League, World Club championship), Billy Alvarez wants to strengthen up the club -

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...l-para-tres-competencias-el-reto-de-cruz-azul

Here's a quote
    Hopefully that means we'll get players before the season actually starts and not by week 3 or 4.

Finally, since I know we all want Alejandro Vela back :(

Link to full article -
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...maquina-buscara-refuerzo-de-muy-buena-calidad

I really really hope Manzo comes to his senses and just dumps Vela off. How they can debate keeping Vela and possibly dumping Amione is nuts.

El Mariachi repped this.
  24. Majin

Majin Member+

Arsenal
    Mexico
    May 7, 2013
    Zacatecas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico