Uruguayos de calidad! Urus abroad & more.

Discussion in 'Uruguay' started by Various Styles, Jun 30, 2003.

1. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    yeah, my mistake there, should have corrected later. He was playing last year before the end of season for Defensor, got serious injury & was almost out for a year. He should be back by now, as I mentioned he returned back to Uruguay(at the turn of last year, around October/November ) & there are no news of him since.

2. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Well I haven't seen him in Defensor's first team, if he's not in their reserves I imagine he's still in recovery.

3. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Thanks & exactly for that reason it's hard to find news of him. Anywhere I can get Defensor player registration doc, like those are kept at football associations, season-wise registered players list?

4. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I checked AUF's website, but couldn't really find it, I don't think they've ever kept those kind of records available publicly. I did find the list of registered players for the local cup that was played recently, and Pirez wasn't on it. AUF keeps a record of the lineups for the third division (reserves) games though, I'm having a look now.

For what it's worth, Tenfield lists him as a Defensor Sporting player in their website. They just don't have any meaningful info about him, other than he scored a goal for Defensor last year.

5. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Cheers, yes right that last of his stats/reports I see are from last year, around February or so. He was in England for rehab work at Chelsea till the end part of 2011, but no news of him since he went back to Uruguay.

6. CARBONERO25

CARBONERO25 Member

May 12, 2011
    Atlanta
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should be playing against Chivas tonight. I see that Rolan ( A former teammate of Pirez) playing. There are plenty of good U-19 players in Uruguay. Penarol has cristforo and Nacional has bueno. Future looks bright for Uruguay. Not to mention I am sure that they are more U-19 players playing in their 3era division.

7. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    El Cacha Arevalo Rios al Palermo de Italia.
    Era hora!
    Suerte Cacha!!!

8. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  9. MihailoSRB

MihailoSRB New Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Club:
    OFK Beograd
    First of all, let me say, hello, guys!
    I'm new here, and I come with a very specific question.
    I've been a fan of Uruguay national team since the mid '90s, and because of the silly reason - there was an arcade game, called Super Sidekicks 3 - The Next Glory (1995)
    As a kid, I once picked Uruguay, and continued to play only with them ever since (alongised my Serbia/Yugoslavia, of course).
    I played it so much that I knew every team member, except the goalkeeper, whose name you couldn't find out in any way - the reason for it being that you only saw a players name if he:
    - scores a goal
    - getss a red or yellow card
    - gets injured
    - gaines ''super-psyche''
    Of course, the goalkeepr couldn't do any of those things, so I didn't know his name.
    But, as I said, I knew the names of all the other team members (there was no substitutes), and for years later, even when I stopped playing, I knew to list all those players by name.
    So, recently, I found that game available on some arcade emulator, so I tried it on my PC.
    It is still fun and playable, and Uruguay is still my favourite team (Serbia/Yugoslavia isn't present in Super Sidekicks 4, but is in SS5).

However, I noticed the fact that I didn't know as a kid - the players' names aren't correctly written, probably because of the copyright laws (like PES football also has). For example, Enzo Francescoli is named Francesco in the game, and Teddy Sheringham (from England) is named Sherrington.
    So, basically, all those players whom I have known and loved as a kid weren't exactly named like in the real life.
    So, to satisfy my inner child, I have tried to find out the real names behind those players.
    It is a very difficult job for a non-Uruguayian man, so I reckon some of you guys can help me.
    Here is the list of Uruguay team from Super Sidekicks 3:

Defenders:
    VARELA
    CAMPOMANES
    CALDERA
    SAENZ

Midfielders:
    SAMOLANO
    URQUIZA (Captain)
    COCHRANE
    FRANCESCO

Attackers:
    FARRELL
    DAZA

Those are all of them.
    So far, I only found about 2 certain and 3 ''maybes''.
    Certain:
    FRANCESCO - Enzo Francescoli
    CALDERA - Nelson Cabrera

Maybe:
    CAMPOMANES - Fernando Kanapkis ???
    SAENZ - Daniel Sánchez ???

I have no idea about the others.
    Since the game is from 1995, I think that the team itself may be from the year 1994, so that might help.
    How about it? Can anyone help?

10. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

West Ham United
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  11. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

West Ham United
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

West Ham United
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Liber Quiñones

13. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i dont know if this is the right folder, but is anyone here looking for Uruguay tickets for the world cup? i have several Uruguay-Costa Rica tickets for sale - category 1; face value. PM me if you have any questions / interest...

14. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not sure if this is the right folder either, but Uruguayan coach Gustavo Matosas won back to back titles in Mexico with his team Leon. Britos, Maz play on that team. Also he had an ok showing at Copa Libertadores.

15. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

hi guy, i'm here to promote a documentary i am doing currently about my experience of the world cup 2014 i had in new york city. i went to places all over to watch the games. i had a fantastic time. i documented my experience and i am here to leave you with a trailer of the documentary and will be premiering later in august. hope you guys enjoy it when it's uploaded.

for uruguay, i went to two games. their game against costa rica, and colombia

17. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Gaalatasaray's Uruguay Lion Fernando Muslera's 150. official matchs for the Turkish Giant ,that that celebrated by the club official site and twitter ,Facebook etc (last night) ;

[​IMG]

He is a wonderful lad in the field off the field.
    It seems everyones like him lot, no matter what team they supports.

Its a rare scene to see,..
    Neutral fans shows the love and respect to rival golie.

He is continue to his successful performance,.last night he showed his foot skills too :)

571389369220767748 is not a valid tweet id

The opposite team forward goes to bazaar from after that second. some says they saw him at the grand bazaar :)
    maybe its urban legend etc.

beside joke,

He enjoy his every second in his club alongside his partner. they celebrate the 150.games under the Lions Color;
    571432141831192576 is not a valid tweet id

Next weekend big game. The game of the Season. The great Derby game.
    I hope he success in this difficult away game match up.

The game a bit of the tittle decide type game. Currently Galatasaray leader in the table with 1 plus point.

Good luck Muslera and his team.
    regards,

18. Gaston Pereiro scored two goals in the match Ajax - PSV today. He was excellent.

19. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Peñarol fans, what can you tell me about Diego Rossi?

20. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
  21. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    NaBUru38 repped this.
  22. PSV seems to sign these from Uruguay:
    Osvaldo Iorio and Rodrigo Rodriguez.
    Who are they?

23. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
  24. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Edinson Cavani scored his 200th goal with Paris St Germain.